Page 113 of 813 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 16256

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

So when are they painting the blue sections of the CF restaurant black? I'm sure it wont be long before they do that

DiggerODell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post
    So when are they painting the blue sections of the CF restaurant black? I'm sure it wont be long before they do that
    The joint ain't even opened. Give it a chance for that, before planning (or presuming) it's changes.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerODell View Post
    The joint ain't even opened. Give it a chance for that, before planning (or presuming) it's changes.
    There was too much complaining from hitters for me to believe it'll stay blue all year...but you're right lets wait and see :]

There was too much complaining from hitters for me to believe it'll stay blue all year...but you're right lets wait and see :]
    Yah, we'll see. It'll prob stay a while.... if other teams go with green grass for their batters eye, why not dark navy blue.
    Twenty Seven

Quote Originally Posted by NYBase View Post
    Yah, we'll see. It'll prob stay a while.... if other teams go with green grass for their batters eye, why not dark navy blue.
    Yeah... judging from the seventeen runs (seven home runs) we scored that weekend, it certainly didn't seem like anyone was having trouble seeing the ball.

None of the hitters were complaining they couldn't see the ball. They were just saying the batters eye is smaller then RYS. They just have to get used to it.

Opening Day

Who is going tomorrow and who is sitting where? My friend has 2 single tickets for me and my son. We're both in the Grandstand on opposite sides between the bases and the foul poles. I'll be wearing my Final Season t-shirt and my 75th Anniversary cap for the last time. After this it will be Inaugural Season wear. We need BB Fever caps so we can find each other at games. What do you think, Dan? Hey, didn't somebody here rent out a suite for tomorrow, or was that for one of the Cubs games?

Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    We need BB Fever caps so we can find each other at games. What do you think, Dan?
    If somebody wants to get those made, go for it...

Weather for tomorow looks great!

Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. High 58F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph.

I'm really hoping the Yankees follow through and reintroduce the tradition of hanging the old championship banners on the frieze!

passed by the stadium this morn...the flags are up..

Alot of differnt colored flags not the American flags i had hoped

Quote Originally Posted by JYanks26 View Post
    passed by the stadium this morn...the flags are up..

Alot of differnt colored flags not the American flags i had hoped
    Perhaps they have the AL flags up as usual?

Who is going tomorrow and who is sitting where? My friend has 2 single tickets for me and my son. We're both in the Grandstand on opposite sides between the bases and the foul poles. I'll be wearing my Final Season t-shirt and my 75th Anniversary cap for the last time. After this it will be Inaugural Season wear. We need BB Fever caps so we can find each other at games. What do you think, Dan? Hey, didn't somebody here rent out a suite for tomorrow, or was that for one of the Cubs games?
    Section 405 row 14 last row before the El.

Anybody who waits for me may miss things. My plane doesn't get in till 10:15 and I'm going to trust MTA's bus to get me to the 4 train at 125th. 11:15 or so if it all shakes out, and then into the security lines. Hope I can get something to eat, I'll be starving. At least I'll have my comfy padded seat to collapse into.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripes View Post
    Am I the only one who actually goes to games to... I don't know... watch the game instead of out of town scores? Sure, it's nice to see what an out of town score is once in a while... the fact that the right aux board will rotate OOT scores is more than enough for me. I don't need MLB gameday real-time scoring for every stupid game in the league, let alone NL games which most of the time I couldn't care less about.
    I agree with this...you're sitting there for 3+ hours...eventually you'll see the score you want to see...or if you're like me, you just bust out the iphone and have every games score at your fingertips. This is really a minor complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcianoNY View Post
    Hey when it gets to be crunch time sometime in August and the Yanks and the Sox are locked in the heat of an epic playoff race, those out of town scores become pretty important. But then again everybody checks scores on their phones now anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBase View Post
    I really no have urgency for the out of town scores of even the crosstown scores... but since u said iPhone... I had ridiculous bad service there for the 2 Cubs games and tonight a Radio City. Large venues knock my data service out!
    Well - not everyone is getting score updates on their phones.

As for watching the game - how about in between innings when we're watching nothing?

And the beauty of the newer OOT scoreboards is you can actually "watch" their games as well . . you can see the number of outs and the men on base and potentially the count.

And it doesn't mean that you're staring at it and not watching the game on the field - it's "watch the play in front of you and then check out info on the board."

In any event, it would be nice to use that board for baseball information (pitch count, speed, wind direction, whatever) then yet another ad.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
    Perhaps they have the AL flags up as usual?
    lol yeah that would explain the "different colors".

With 39 flag post I'm sure they have the NL flags up too.

I think most of us are going tomorrow.. after following this stadium being built so closely, I know I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll be in 120A.

Quote Originally Posted by frank72 View Post
    Weather for tomorow looks great!

Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. High 58F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph.

I'm really hoping the Yankees follow through and reintroduce the tradition of hanging the old championship banners on the frieze!
    I can't wait to see it too...although I think they will probably hang replica banners and not the originals since those banners are significantly larger than this version of the frieze(according the the NY Times article its 12 feet high and most of them 40 feet long, where as the original frieze was larger)...I believe one of the banners was on display at the Fan Fest during the week of last year's All Star Game

Quote Originally Posted by 80SHOCK View Post
    lol yeah that would explain the "different colors".

With 39 flag post I'm sure they have the NL flags up too.
    I just had a quick look...but the point being, it didnt look very 'yankee like' and took away some grandeur from the front.

....it reminded me of the flags at Rock Center or the united nations which have various countries

"There's a drive . . ."

I mean, if Jody Gerut could do it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
    I can't wait to see it too...although I think they will probably hang replica banners and not the originals since those banners are significantly larger than this version of the frieze(according the the NY Times article its 12 feet high and most of them 40 feet long, where as the original frieze was larger)...I believe one of the banners was on display at the Fan Fest during the week of last year's All Star Game
    I actually think it is the real ones. At least that's what they said it was going to be.
    That's why the article said weather permitting. Don't think they would have said that if it were going to be replica's.

Page 113 of 813 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast