Page 15 of 643 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

41 game plans...

My friend who sat next to me, in Tier Reserved section 2, for the past nine years, finally got a response from the ticket office. (We both had B plans)

He was offered section 410, row 9....
    Ouch!!!

Wow... those are absolutely hideous seats to have for 41 games. Hardly enjoyable as a fan, and pretty tough to move most of those in the resale market, in this terrible economy. If it were me, I would take a pass on those.

Quote Originally Posted by championyankees View Post
    Wow... those are absolutely hideous seats to have for 41 games. Hardly enjoyable as a fan, and pretty tough to move most of those in the resale market, in this terrible economy. If it were me, I would take a pass on those.

Yeah, if I stayed with a 1/2 season plan (old B plan), and was offered those seats, I think I would've turned them down.

He did accept them though....
    Hopefully they won't be that bad for him...

Remember the days you could walk up and get a ticket? Back when the real fans would go on a Tuesday night and there would be 25k and you had the whole upper deck to yourself??

Whow. My friend that had a (I think) 15 game plan just got his call.

For months he was told he could get a 41 game plan in the UD. He was just told his options are 41 games @$350/ea(he was laughing so hard I couldnt hear him), or his only other option is 20 games in the UD with no playoff option or the Full 83 games....

Looks like the pickings are gettin pretty slim for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHamp View Post

For months he was told he could get a 41 game plan in the UD. He was just told his options are 41 games @$350/ea(he was laughing so hard I couldnt hear him), or his only other option is 20 games in the UD with no playoff option or the Full 83 games....

While it was to be expected that most people would not get their old seat locations, you would think that the Yankees would have come up with a plan that gave ALL planholders the opportunity to relocate their current plans to the comparable priced sections. But by making so much of the stadium off-limits to partical plans and essentially forcing people to upgrade they made that impossible.

He has what are arguably the most affordable seats in the house. With the new Stadium, he should have no issues at least breaking even on them... And he has playoff rights.

I'd have taken them.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHamp View Post

How could he have gotten a call right now of he was a 15-gamer? They are currently relocating 41-gamers. And then they do the Pool Relocations for the 41-gamers. They haven't gotten near the 15-gamers yet. So please explain how he was offered this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    He has what are arguably the most affordable seats in the house. With the new Stadium, he should have no issues at least breaking even on them... And he has playoff rights.

I'd have taken them.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    While the price per ticket of $25 is very good, the seats are not. And I am being kind when I say that. Way out in rightfield, waaaaay up high in the Grandstand. He will do fine reselling the weekend games for face value. But there will be so much supply on ebay and stub hub, that the demand for these crappy seats just isn't gonna be there. I honestly hope I am wrong. But I have been looking on ebay at the sales for the past 6 weeks, and other than Opening Day, Red Sox, and Mets, nothing is selling. Have you seen how bad the economy is lately???

While the price per ticket of $25 is very good, the seats are not. And I am being kind when I say that. Way out in rightfield, waaaaay up high in the Grandstand. He will do fine reselling the weekend games for face value. But there will be so much supply on ebay and stub hub, that the demand for these crappy seats just isn't gonna be there. I honestly hope I am wrong. But I have been looking on ebay at the sales for the past 6 weeks, and other than Opening Day, Red Sox, and Mets, nothing is selling. Have you seen how bad the economy is lately???

I would expect demand to be low ight now. Once New York's new ballparks are showcasesd, and people see / hear about them, people will be clamoring for tickets.

Now I ask you... what type of tickets are the average fan going to look for? AFFORDABLE ONES! The day of the walk-up is gone. There will be demand. One just has to be patient. The average fan would be glad to pay face + a decent fee just to be able to get in the park. THe average fan is not going to be purchasing the $350 per ticket...

Just be patient.

I'm surprised a single ticket has been sold on StubHub. The Yankees haven't even sold their partial plans yet and don't even mention the individual sales. Once people realize they're shut out is when they're going to start buying.

And I wouldn't worry too much about bad seats, there's not really any in the house (I consider bleachers "benches"). Lots more shoulder room, leg room, better concessions, massive and bright scoreboard, brand new sound system, clean aisles, etc... You can't go wrong in 2009

THe average fan is not going to be purchasing the $350 per ticket...
    I couldn't imagine someone walking up to the Yankee Stadium day-of-game ticket window and plunking down $400 for a ticket to that evening's game (the field championship boxes were $400 day-of-game in 2008)...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I couldn't imagine someone walking up to the Yankee Stadium day-of-game ticket window and plunking down $400 for a ticket to that evening's game (the field championship boxes were $400 day-of-game in 2008)...
    Easy, just imagine a hedge fund manager who's client is in town and needs to be entertained. He pays the manager half a million in fees yearly, do you think the manager blinks?

I would expect demand to be low ight now. Once New York's new ballparks are showcasesd, and people see / hear about them, people will be clamoring for tickets.

Now I ask you... what type of tickets are the average fan going to look for? AFFORDABLE ONES! The day of the walk-up is gone. There will be demand. One just has to be patient. The average fan would be glad to pay face + a decent fee just to be able to get in the park. THe average fan is not going to be purchasing the $350 per ticket...

Just be patient.
    Honestly, I hope you are right, because my turn to be offered tix is coming up!

Honestly, I hope you are right, because my turn to be offered tix is coming up!
    Good luck. Demand will be high but as the mets found out there is a bottom.
    I dont believe those $325 seats will be attactive on a cold tuesday night versus KC.
    Everything should be back to normal next year since a small percentage will not renew their season tickets unless the yanks offer a discount which will not happen.
    I think the main level near the foul pole is the best deal in terms of pricing

Tickets and secondary market

I think its being over blown about how difficult it will be to unload tickets this year due to the economy. I have season tickets in sec 109 and have already sold half the season at premium prices. If I waited longer, I am sure I would have been able to sell the tickets for even more money. There are more avenues then just stubhub. Word of mouth is still the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonyankee View Post
    I think its being over blown about how difficult it will be to unload tickets this year due to the economy. I have season tickets in sec 109 and have already sold half the season at premium prices. If I waited longer, I am sure I would have been able to sell the tickets for even more money. There are more avenues then just stubhub. Word of mouth is still the best way.
    That is very good news to hear. And I agree with the poster a little above about the Main Levels near the foul poles being good value. If those are offered to me as a 41-game in a few weeks at $50 per ticket, I will probably buy a pair. Decent price, on the Main Level, for half the games, including Opening Day.

Check this out!

Anyone can now jump on-line and buy season tickets in the prime Field Box seats!

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...ium_letter.jsp

And there are some unbelievable seats to be had in 120A, Row 17, 120B, Row 17, 121A, Row 17 etc... and these sections go all the way up to Row 27! So, if they are available now, at $26,325.00 per SEASON TICKET, and no one is buying them, as has obviously been the case, are there going to be swathes of empty primo seats seen in High Def when watching games on tv, once Opening Day passes???? Should be VERY interesting. The Yanks really have obviously priced themselves right out of the market.

And there are some unbelievable seats to be had in 120A, Row 17, 120B, Row 17, 121A, Row 17 etc... and these sections go all the way up to Row 27! So, if they are available now, at $26,325.00 per SEASON TICKET, and no one is buying them, as has obviously been the case, are there going to be swathes of empty primo seats seen in High Def when watching games on tv, once Opening Day passes???? Should be VERY interesting. The Yanks really have obviously priced themselves right out of the market.
    A couple of months ago the yanks said no 41 game plan for field seats behind home.
    Now its available at a price of $350 per game times 41 games = $14,350
    Thats pretty steep.
    If i had the money i would rather get the Premium main level seats for 41 games.
    Its the same price but you get access to the main lounge suite.
    The yanks over priced those field level seats.
    My suggestion is field level sections 115-125 should be priced at $250.
    Even yankee fans have a price limit on what to pay for a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    My suggestion is field level sections 115-125 should be priced at $250. Even yankee fans have a price limit on what to pay for a ticket
    Great suggestion, I think the Yankees would sell out at $250, but then what to do with the people that already paid. Yankees have backed themselves into a corner here

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Great suggestion, I think the Yankees would sell out at $250, but then what to do with the people that already paid. Yankees have backed themselves into a corner here
    Example say one person purchase a Full Season for Field level
    $325 * 81 =$26,325
    $250(suggest discount price by me) * 81 = 20,250

Difference is $6,075.
    The simple solution is to issue a credit for 2009 postseason or 2010 season
    Another suggestion would be to put a $2,000 of the $6,000 owe on a yanks debt card.
    This card can be used for food, beverages and merchandise(alcohol only two beers per game)
    Then apply $4,000 to tickets for 2010.
    its my accounting talk sorry everyone.
    Last edited by peterrod16; 02-05-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    Example say one person purchase a Full Season for Field level
    $325 * 81 =$26,325
    $250(suggest discount price by me) * 81 = 20,250

Difference is $6,075.
    The simple solution is to issue a credit for 2009 postseason or 2010 season
    Another suggestion would be to put a $2,000 of the $6,000 owe on a yanks debt card.
    This card can be used for food, beverages and merchandise(alcohol only two beers per game)
    Then apply $4,000 to tickets for 2010.
    its my accounting talk sorry everyone.
    The first instinct on the Yankees part would be to add it up and see if they make more overall by selling for cheaper and decreasing existing licensees' costs with credits. But if it works out to less, they still should do it because those empty seats on national TV are going to be downright embarrassing and will do serious damage to the Yankee brand. And here we are talking about the $325 seats, lets not forget the $850 seats that are ALWAYS in camera range and which I seriously doubt will be anywhere near sold out especially for cold/wet weeknights
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 02-05-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    The first instinct on the Yankees part would be to add it up and see if they make more overall by selling for cheaper and decreasing existing licensees' costs with credits. But if it works out to less, they still should do it because those empty seats on national TV are going to be downright embarrassing and will do serious damage to the Yankee brand. And here we are talking about the $325 seats, lets not forget the $850 seats that are ALWAYS in camera range and which I seriously doubt will be anywhere near sold out especially for cold/wet weeknights

The equivalence to those seats in terms of price to the old stadium, the closer seats would have been $225, if you're buying a full season. Then the seats towards the back would be $80. That's a huge HUGE difference from last year to this year. Yes, you're not just selling the game, but you're also selling people on the fact that they have a special lounge, but me being a die hard Yankee fan, knowing that I have a "special lounge" wouldn't drive my interest up at all. The best seats in the house are gonna be empty while the "cheap seats" up top are gonna be filled. It's a pretty bad situation and for the Yankees coming off of a year where they didn't make the playoffs, it's tough to sell this team as championship winners. I think the novelty of the new stadium will wear off towards the end of June, for the New York fans. But it will always still be a tourist attraction but even that was lost. Everyone always saying "I would love to go to Yankee stadium" that has been a tourist most of the time didn't care about seeing the game. They wanted to see the place where Ruth and Reggie and Mickey and Joe played, when in all reality, it was only home to Reggie. They dont realize that, but the Yankees have lost the entire "history of the building" part. If you're going to see the Yankees and you're coming from out of town, you're there to watch the Yankees. The Yankees need to win in order to establish the winner mentality but what they lost from moving across the street was pretty big in my mind too.

Sorry that little rant, I'm all for the stadium, but its gonna drive me nuts when I'm sitting in the upper deck and all the great seats are empty and I know I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by yankies4life View Post
    The equivalence to those seats in terms of price to the old stadium, the closer seats would have been $225, if you're buying a full season. Then the seats towards the back would be $80. That's a huge HUGE difference from last year to this year. Yes, you're not just selling the game, but you're also selling people on the fact that they have a special lounge, but me being a die hard Yankee fan, knowing that I have a "special lounge" wouldn't drive my interest up at all. The best seats in the house are gonna be empty while the "cheap seats" up top are gonna be filled. It's a pretty bad situation and for the Yankees coming off of a year where they didn't make the playoffs, it's tough to sell this team as championship winners. I think the novelty of the new stadium will wear off towards the end of June, for the New York fans. But it will always still be a tourist attraction but even that was lost. Everyone always saying "I would love to go to Yankee stadium" that has been a tourist most of the time didn't care about seeing the game. They wanted to see the place where Ruth and Reggie and Mickey and Joe played, when in all reality, it was only home to Reggie. They dont realize that, but the Yankees have lost the entire "history of the building" part. If you're going to see the Yankees and you're coming from out of town, you're there to watch the Yankees. The Yankees need to win in order to establish the winner mentality but what they lost from moving across the street was pretty big in my mind too.

Sorry that little rant, I'm all for the stadium, but its gonna drive me nuts when I'm sitting in the upper deck and all the great seats are empty and I know I'm not alone.
    The thing is, you don't get any lounge or extra benefits for those $325 seats. Nothing, zero, ziltch. You just get a chair to sit on for every Yankees home game plus a token licensee gift. There's no market for those seats, bad bad planning. The Yankees must have assumed overflowing demand where people would take whatever pickings were left at any price
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 02-05-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Page 15 of 643 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast