Page 514 of 812 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,280 of 16237

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

curious about the bleachers in that pic...thats not rust right?! (my guess is camera distortion)

Taken on 3/25/10..

[QUOTE=DN4L;1709422]Taken on 3/25/10..

Looks like a good place to buy some jeans and see a movie. What's playing there?
    Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

[QUOTE=Maxlugar;1709618]
    Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    Taken on 3/25/10..

Looks like a good place to buy some jeans and see a movie. What's playing there?

Are you serious??? That my friend is a thing of beauty. And what did the old stadium look like exactly from the outside, This is a major improvement IMO, just stunning!!!

[QUOTE=nymTom;1709633]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxlugar View Post

Are you serious??? That my friend is a thing of beauty. And what did the old stadium look like exactly from the outside, This is a major improvement IMO, just stunning!!!
    Agreed. The outside of NYS is a home run. It is the inside that I have a problem with......

Talking Stub Hub is Okay....but there are other options....

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    I've bought from Stubhub several times and never had any issues. You print out your tickets and scan them at the gate. Besides your e-tickets, you don't need anything else, although you could bring Stubhub's 800 number just incase there is an issue (very unlikely though).
    I have used Stub Hub as well, but the fees like all sites can be crazy. I did have a friend last year that bought tickets through Stubhub and when they should up at the game and scanned them, the tickets were no good. They had to call Stubhub to get it taken care of and they did not get into the game until the 3rd inning. Supposedly they were sent the wrong tickets. Stubhub would not do anything to compensate them. I am sure it could happen anywhere, but let's just say they were pretty unhappy.

I use Ticket Direct through: http://tickets.ultimateyankees.com/R...w+York+Yankees

I buy 90% of my tickets through there and have never had a problem. They only charge a 15% service fee compared to many sites that charge a 30-40% fee. Ticketmaster is getting ridiculous with their service fee, convenience fee, building use fee, etc. Seems like the price of the ticket doubles by the time you get done.

Whatever site you use, be sure to print out the receipt and bring it to the game with you!!!! And keep their 800 or service number handy just in case....

Be well and enjoy the games!

Play ball!

http://tickets.ultimateyankees.com/

Take care.......Brad
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Brad's Ultimate New York Yankees Website

website - www.HistoryOfTheYankees.com
    blog - http://historyoftheyankees.blogspot.com/

Ghostless.

Since Pepsi is the new sponsor, I guess that removes Utz and adds Frito Lay as the official chips.
    Twenty Seven

[QUOTE=quagmire;1709638]
    Quote Originally Posted by nymTom View Post

Agreed. The outside of NYS is a home run. It is the inside that I have a problem with......
    The outside is beautiful if you ignore the backside of the upper deck above the limestone. But yes, the inside is where the real problem lies. Too many contrived, gimmicky things like the batter's eye restaurant that say "just another baseball stadium" like all the rest of the nouveau cookie-cutters. Hey, we all like spending less time in line getting a hot dog and a beer and being able to get in and out of the bathroom more quickly (and not having to worry about catching VD while we're at it, but I'll try to stay on topic), but there were too many "Yankee Stadium" elements sacrificed to make that happen. I can't say I dislike the place, because after all, the most important thing is what takes place on the field. But at the same time I've yet to be there without something making me shake my head, whether it's the embarrassing moat, the knockoff frieze, or the noise-cancelling upper deck layout. Last year I saw games in NYS, Citizens Bank Park, Nats Park, and PNC, and the only real thing that set NYS apart was the fact that it was my favorite team playing there.

I know fans in other parts of the country may call us spoiled or nuts that we have so many critical things to say about our new stadium, but a lot of a new stadium's reception hinges on how it compares to whatever park it replaced. Put PNC Park in the Bronx and we'd have practically burned it down in anger, but since it was replacing Three Rivers and not RYS, it's had mostly rave reviews in its 9 years (although I contend that's the only reason for the PNC lovefest outside of the city view- the stadium itself did not knock me out like everyone said it would). Generations of Yankee fans have been brought up on the fact that the team played in Yankee Stadium, the name that automatically rang out when anyone thought of the word "ballpark" or "stadium." We as fans took a lot of pride in knowing that the team's home was indeed special. Even with a championship under its belt, NYS is not that special. Not yet, at least.

New Yankee stadium gives me the dry heaves.

New Yankee stadium gives me the dry heaves.

I don't know about dry heaves, but it definitely hurts my eyes when looking at it both on the inside and out.

[QUOTE=LDYanks16;1709682]
    Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post

. But at the same time I've yet to be there without something making me shake my head, whether it's the embarrassing moat, the knockoff frieze, or the noise-cancelling upper deck layout.

two of the three are legitimate gripes but the knockoff frieze?? Cmon, is it really that off to you that it makes you mad. i think its a decent replication and the fact they even added the element at the roof top location was a great touch.. Some things people are just looking to gripe about.. The Upper deck seems to be the biggest complaint, i think they could have done a better job replicating the upper deck and how it overhung over the loge, maybe not as dramatic but could have done a better job. Would have broke the mold and been more unique from all the other new parks beign built today..

Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    Taken on 3/25/10..

That gave me the same whoooah!!!! feeling I got when I was first able to see the Citi Field sign through Shea Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBase View Post
    Since Pepsi is the new sponsor, I guess that removes Utz and adds Frito Lay as the official chips.
    No more cute little UTZ girl? Say it ain't so! (although I do like Pepsi)

two of the three are legitimate gripes but the knockoff frieze?? Cmon, is it really that off to you that it makes you mad. i think its a decent replication and the fact they even added the element at the roof top location was a great touch..
    I'm not too crazy about the frieze for two reasons.

1) When I'm in the back row and I want to try and get an overall picture, the frieze obstructs my view of the skyline (such as it is) in the distance. I'd rather have the skyline than the frieze.

2) There are certain spots where the lowest part of the frieze obstructs a small part of the scoreboard. I've posted pictures showing this. It may be a minor point to some, but still, if I were the kind of person who sat in my seat throughout the entire game and found my view of something was blocked by something decorative and non-functional, it would bother me enough that it would negatively impact my enjoyment of the game.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

two of the three are legitimate gripes but the knockoff frieze?? Cmon, is it really that off to you that it makes you mad. i think its a decent replication and the fact they even added the element at the roof top location was a great touch.. Some things people are just looking to gripe about.. The Upper deck seems to be the biggest complaint, i think they could have done a better job replicating the upper deck and how it overhung over the loge, maybe not as dramatic but could have done a better job. Would have broke the mold and been more unique from all the other new parks beign built today..
    Yes, I hate the frieze. It was a decent idea, but it was not executed well at all. The first strike against it is the fact that it's set so far back, due to the tiny little roof. The OYS had it's frieze basically hanging over the field. Players and fans had to look "up" to see it. In the NYS, players and fans (if they even notice it) have to look "out". There is a difference. Secondly, the wrap around lights were a bad idea. If they were trying to make the NYS feel like the OYS, why not bring the huge light sanctions back?

I went to a game last season with some "kind of" baseball/Yankee fans (aka, no nothing about stadiums or Yankee Stadium), and I sat with them for 6 innings, waiting for at least one of them to mention the frieze. After the 6th inning, I had to bring it up to them, and it seemed like they didn't even notice it once I pointed it out. This is a problem. If we were sitting in the OYS with those same people, I can guarantee they would have at the very least, noticed the damn thing.

[QUOTE=nymTom;1709712]
    Quote Originally Posted by LDYanks16 View Post

Agreed. That is my biggest complaint. The upper deck needed to overhang the loge and have the same steepness and size to OYS's grand stand. If they have done that and did not split the upper deck, then my hate of NYS would go down quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by locke40 View Post
    Yes, I hate the frieze. It was a decent idea, but it was not executed well at all. The first strike against it is the fact that it's set so far back, due to the tiny little roof. The OYS had it's frieze basically hanging over the field. Players and fans had to look "up" to see it. In the NYS, players and fans (if they even notice it) have to look "out". There is a difference. Secondly, the wrap around lights were a bad idea. If they were trying to make the NYS feel like the OYS, why not bring the huge light sanctions back?
    I like the wrap around lights. I like the theme of that NYS combines Pre-Renovation( exterior) with the Post-Renovation( interior) designs of OYS. I just think they missed the mark and omitted too much of OYS Post-Renovation interior in NYS interior. Mostly the seating bowl with the grandstand being a conventional angle and no overhang over the loge.
    Last edited by quagmire; 03-26-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Here's a comparison of the friezes, old and new. It's not even close.

old_frieze..JPG

new_frieze..JPG

(old frieze picture taken from a post by LPeters199 and new frieze picture credit to Flickr user wallyg)

old_frieze..JPG

new_frieze..JPG

(old frieze picture taken from a post by LPeters199 and new frieze picture credit to Flickr user wallyg)
    We established that a long time ago. The new stadium is NOT the old one. What it is is a tribute, a memorial of sorts, to the original Yankee Stadium.

World Championship baseball is playing there...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    That gave me the same whoooah!!!! feeling I got when I was first able to see the Citi Field sign through Shea Stadium.

I knew you of all people would appreciate a photo like that one, Gary..

old_frieze..JPG

new_frieze..JPG

The new frieze in NYS may not be as detailed as it was in OYS, but it's still a gorgeous sight to see now, in my eyes...

Page 514 of 812 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast