Page 564 of 643 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614 ... LastLast
Results 14,076 to 14,100 of 16058

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

Not a college football fan, but it is so cool seeing college football at Yankee Stadium.
    Just call me a sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
    it is so cool seeing college football at Yankee Stadium.
    Yep

One thing is for certain the field looks not just better but more authentic, real and impressive than that fake garbage that they are using in the New Meadowlands Stadium.

I am a Giants fan and I gotta say that aside from the 4 corner video screens the NMS is one of the worst sporting venues ever designed. The overpriced cost adds another level of outrage and beffudlement.

The Yanks spent 1.6 B and you can see where it went, it is for the most part a beautiful stucture. The Jets and Giants paid 1.8 B for a garbage structure, and they didnt ever bother to use real grass. .
    Last edited by trepye; 12-30-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
    Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    That's nice, but I wanted to know exactly WHEN they will begin returning the stadium to baseball use. Will it be as soon as the Pinstripe Bowl is over?

Like I said before, I am more than a bit upset about this practice of playing football in a baseball stadium, especially one as nice as this. I would prefer it if the baseball configuration could be restored ASAP. Hopefully this football business will not ruin the stadium's usefulness for baseball...Ideally it will be impossible to tell that football was ever there. If that is possible, I can live with that.
    sheehhz..You'd think this was St. Patricks Cathedral and Ozzy was holding a Black Sabbath reunion concert in there. Get a grip people!
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by trepye View Post
    Yep

One thing is for certain the field looks not just better but more authentic, real and impressive than that fake garbage that they are using in the New Meadowlands Stadium.

I am a Giants fan and I gotta say that aside from the 4 corner video screens the NMS is one of the worst sporting venues ever designed. The overpriced cost adds another level of outrage and beffudlement.

The Yanks spent 1.6 B and you can see where it went, it is for the most part a beautiful stucture. The Jets and Giants paid 1.8 B for a garbage structure, and they didnt ever bother to use real grass. .
    They did use real grass for a season in Giants Stadium with both teams playing and in pretty short order the field was a mess. So they DID give it a try. Plus you make it sound like NMS is the only football stadium using Turf. And finally, watching the Pinstripe Bowl it looks like the field is really slick . . . . not to mention that they not playing 16 football games there.

has been a good game, pretty even game so far.... too bad it looks like a missed extra point is the difference right now....

anyone see the halftime show? I love the Rock of Ages show and was kind of mad I didn't get to see it (well, love the music from it anyways, had some family see it and I haven't been lucky enough yet and now that they're switching theaters and not starting again until March I won't get to)

Quote Originally Posted by The House That Ruth Built View Post
    In the offseason, crews have plenty of time to convert NYS back to a baseball facility before Opening Day
    And the particularly brutal winter that is hitting New York right about now? That's not going to be a problem? This thing could last awhile, you know.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
    Not a college football fan, but it is so cool seeing college football at Yankee Stadium.
    Same here, first college game i watched on tv in years. Didnt the piles of snow on the sidelines look great!!!!! Glad Syracuse won too, good to see a New York team in Yankee Stadium.
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

^ LIke I said, 'Yankee Stadium' is as much a concept as a physical location. Regardless of the actual building & location used, YS is YS.
    Then it wouldnt matter if Yankee Stadium was in New Jersey?
    Yankee Stadium was / is a BUILDING in the Bronx.
    That is reality.

And the particularly brutal winter that is hitting New York right about now? That's not going to be a problem? This thing could last awhile, you know.
    The old stadium didn't have much a problem going between football and baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    The old stadium didn't have much a problem going between football and baseball.
    That's because OYS wasn't a high school field.

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

I thought this was stadium related. This is what the trophy looked like from the Pinstripe bowl

Quote Originally Posted by VAPYankees4 View Post
    I thought this was stadium related. This is what the trophy looked like from the Pinstripe bowl

Nice trophy, isn't it?

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Pinstripe Bowl Part 1..

Here are a few that I took tonight from the Pinstripe Bowl @ NYS..
    Enjoy, BBF...

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Pinstripe Bowl Part 2..

Pinstripe Bowl Part 3.. (The Yankees Museum)

I just happened to take a quick peek inside, just to see if there were any additions or changes..
    I didn't think there were any, until I went to the other side of the great wall of signatures..
    You can look to the outside now from the museum itself.

Pinstripe Bowl Part 4..

Even though I had great seats to this game, in section 314, row 1, seats 1 through 6...
    I couldn't resist watching a little action of this football game, from my Yankees season ticket seats, in section 420..
    God, I love this place!!!

Pinstripe Bowl Part 5..

A few more from section 420..

Pinstripe Bowl Part 6..

Post game...
    At least I got my temporary fill, before Opening Day, on March 31st..
    I think I'll need to do this every winter...

So since they modified the museum, did that have any impact on how the building looks from the outside? or were those windows already there, just tinted or covered up?

GREAT photos, DN4L! You have, by far, the best eye of any photographer on this forum. You're like an artist, with your angles, background, foreground, etc., and I mean that sincerely. NYS looks great, but your photos give it that extra oomph.

Thanks for sharing.

This stadium is absolutely gorgeous. Even things I didn't like at first, like the inward angle of the grandstand in the OF, I've gotten used to, and now I truly believe that it's more attractive than the old joint's OF angle. Those who designed this park new exactly what they were doing, providing a balance and flow that's pleasing to the eye, sexy even. Most attractive ballpark in the game, hands down.

I think that the only problem I now have with NYS is that awful, spooky, cavernous Monument Park. Otherwise, aesthetically, NYS is near flawless. The designers and engineers got this right.
    Last edited by Rob R; 12-31-2010 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    Even though I had great seats to this game, in section 314, row 1, seats 1 through 6...
    I couldn't resist watching a little action of this football game, from my Yankees season ticket seats, in section 420..
    God, I love this place!!!

I must say, despite our differences in view on Yankee Stadia past & present, I cannot argue with your PHOTOGRAPHY!

You and Gary light up this board with your combined shutter talents. If I may ask what your weapon of choice as far as cameras go, is, I'd love to know. Your white balance and exposure are spot on,(my PC monitor is calibrated - no out of box settings here!) and I feel as though I could reach through the screen and feel the cold air from that grandstand. If anyone here wants to know what a calibrated TV looks like, continue to browse DN4L's photos and of course anything Gary Dunaier has taken. HINT: Your set will NEVER look like this out of a box. Anything but, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
    I must say, despite our differences in view on Yankee Stadia past & present, I cannot argue with your PHOTOGRAPHY!

You and Gary light up this board with your combined shutter talents. If I may ask what your weapon of choice as far as cameras go, is, I'd love to know. Your white balance and exposure are spot on,(my PC monitor is calibrated - no out of box settings here!) and I feel as though I could reach through the screen and feel the cold air from that grandstand. If anyone here wants to know what a calibrated TV looks like, continue to browse DN4L's photos and of course anything Gary Dunaier has taken. HINT: Your set will NEVER look like this out of a box. Anything but, sadly.
    I agree we are very lucky to have BOTH photographers on this forum !!! Great job.

Some random thoughts on the football game at YS:
    That celebration call was an absolute disgrace. Compared to some of the antics allowed yesterday in other bowls, that salute was 100% harmless. I was rooting for Syracuse, but that call has horsebleep.

I hope both teams enjoyed coming to NYC, even during a blizzard. If NYC turns out to be a good host, then the Bowl game will survive. Teams will not travel to a destination if they are not treated well.

Were the various clubs open to warm up? Some of the seats , like the legends seats, did not appear to have great locations for football so I wonder if the clubs were open to justify their prices.

OK, I am not a Yankee fan, but i don't understand why people dislike the Monument Park in NYS. OYS did not even have one; RYS had to keep shortening the wall in order to have one. IMHO, the new one is perfect in size. I brought along long time Mets fan and long time BF member, Mister B, who gave it his seal of approval this September. And Mister B is the least controversial, and one of the most knowledgeable members on BF. Monument Park need not be the size of Arlington Cemetery in order to get the message across (but the Steinbrenner tribute is way too big !)

Good job,DN.Our friends were wondering where you went at halftime, but I knew.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Thanks for those fantastic stadium photos of the Pinstripe Bowl, those were great!!!!!! Fantastic trophy shot too.
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Page 564 of 643 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614 ... LastLast