Page 564 of 811 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614664 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,280 of 16207

Thread: Yankee Stadium [II]

Is this area not open to all ticketholders? Is it another thing like the Jim Beam Lounge where you need to have tickets for a certain section in order to enter?
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Is this area not open to all ticketholders? Is it another thing like the Jim Beam Lounge where you need to have tickets for a certain section in order to enter?
    Nope, it's for everyone. The entrance is in the concourse around section 310/410

Quote Originally Posted by YanksRule View Post
    Nope, it's for everyone. The entrance is in the concourse around section 310/410
    Yes, everyone with a ticket to the game. I would like to see it open for non-ticket holders, like pedestrians.

Quote Originally Posted by locke40 View Post
    Yes, everyone with a ticket to the game. I would like to see it open for non-ticket holders, like pedestrians.
    How would that work logistically? The only entrance is on the concourse in the stadium... also, while it isn't a small space, it isn't very big either- once people in the stadium know about it (the Yankees haven't advertised it yet), it will probably be pretty busy. There won't be room for pedestrians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
    I can't see the yankees allowing for the field to be ripped to shreds with two football games being played there this year (ND v. Army)...did they say if field-turf would be layed over the infield/outfield? Also, is it me or are they cutting it very close with the corners of the endzones in relation to the home/visitor dugouts and bullpen areas
    It's close but so is Neyland Stadium in Knoxville where I went to school. Last year they had a player hit the brick wall just outside the endzone and he almost broke his neck. They put up padding after that but the walls are very, very close to the endzone.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksRule View Post
    How would that work logistically? The only entrance is on the concourse in the stadium... also, while it isn't a small space, it isn't very big either- once people in the stadium know about it (the Yankees haven't advertised it yet), it will probably be pretty busy. There won't be room for pedestrians.
    totally agree, in fact I will say that its impossible for people for nonticket holders to get to there. plus, i wouldnt want nonticket holders in there quite frankly because until you actually see it in person, its not a very large spot. the photos make it seem large but in reality it isnt. now dont get me wrong, its a nice spot for people who dont have suites attactched to their tickets and gives the common folk a place to hang out before or during the game ala the spot behind homeplate on the main level.

The new Malibu Terrace Deck..

This place is great!
    Too bad the weather was cloudy, as I could only imagine what it will look like on a clear evening sunset..

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    This place is great!
    Too bad the weather was cloudy, as I could only imagine what it will look like on a clear evening sunset..
    I was out there on Friday night... It's a decent place. It's nice that you can get mixed drinks in steerage locations. Once everyone 'discovers' it, I am sure it won't be as empty. It's a great use of space.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

The new Malibu Terrace Deck.. Part 2..

Here are a few more...

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    I was out there on Friday night... It's a decent place. It's nice that you can get mixed drinks in steerage locations. Once everyone 'discovers' it, I am sure it won't be as empty. It's a great use of space.

Cheers!
    -Doug

As a guy who likes to drink a "low carb" alcoholic beverage, this place will come in very handy for me, as the entrance is right by the section 410 stairway..
    Not too far from my section, in 420B..

Amazing!!! I will be in NY from the 18th to the 23rd and will see my first game at the new stadium. I'm so excited and the views from the Malibu Deck look incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by TnNYYfan View Post
    Amazing!!! I will be in NY from the 18th to the 23rd and will see my first game at the new stadium. I'm so excited and the views from the Malibu Deck look incredible!

Enjoy your time, the game, and everything that NYS has to offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I don't understand why they angled the ends the way they did. Makes for some obstructed views from section 405, row 14, seat 3 (the very last seat in the right field corner)...

(Photo taken July 4, 2009. Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

The view from almost the same location at the renovated Yankee Stadium was nowhere near as bad...

(Photo taken September 13, 2006. Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

Ok, I went up to section 405 yesterday, and went up to row 14 (the last row, seat 3, which is the aisle seat.
    I think this comparison is a little misleading, because the September 13, 2006 photo was taken "in the middle" of the section, and not in the aisle seat in the corner.
    I wish I took a picture in row 14, right smack in the middle of the section yesterday (like Gary's photo in RYS), but didn't think of doing that at the time, and I wanted to check out the new Malibu Terrace deck A.S.A.P..
    I will go back up there on my next home game that I attend...

I'm sure the last seat, in the last row, in the "corner seat", in section 35, in RYS, had these issues as well..

I checked out the Malibu Deck on Friday, and it was pretty easy to move around. It's a good idea. Good spot to grab a seat and have a drink before a game. The design is a little basic, but maybe they'll add to it as time goes on. As mentioned above, adding a bbq pit and more bbq food selections would make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Myankee4life View Post
    Loudest I have ever heard NYS.

WHAT A GAME!!!
    The place went NUTS last night, as it usually does in a walk off game..
    Yet, it still didn't top the hysteria, after Castillo dropped the ball, last June 12th. It was Mardi Gras, New Year's Eve, the 4th of July, all in one that night!
    But chalk last night's "thriller" into the YES Network's future programming schedule, as a "Yankee Classic"!

The energy in the Grandstand seats, matches the energy that the old Terrace Reserved seats had...
    It might even exceed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    I checked out the Malibu Deck on Friday, and it was pretty easy to move around. It's a good idea. Good spot to grab a seat and have a drink before a game. The design is a little basic, but maybe they'll add to it as time goes on. As mentioned above, adding a bbq pit and more bbq food selections would make it even better.

If they add anymore food selections in NYS, I'm going to blow up to 300 lbs!!... lol

Bronx's finest right there.

Also the logos on the jumbotron seem to be reversed, the Yankees have the Red Sox logo next to it. Perhaps a curse may ensue?
    Last edited by mets16; 05-18-2010 at 01:24 PM.

---------------

Quote Originally Posted by mets16 View Post
    Also the logos on the jumbotron seem to be reversed, the Yankees have the Red Sox logo next to it. Perhaps a curse may ensue?

Good catch.

Page 564 of 811 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614664 ... LastLast