Thread: Nick Adenhart killed in car crash

Nick Adenhart killed in car crash

TMZ has learned Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a felony hit-and-run car accident in Fullerton, California early this morning -- hours after he pitched in a game last night.
    http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/09/angels...ter-ball-game/
    oh man. my thoughts go out to the family.

Blog Entries
    That's horrific. Things like this leave you at a loss for words.

A damn shame. Very sorry to hear this.

Horrible... I thought I was suffering from too much coffee when I heard this news on the WFAN. My condolences to his family and to the Angels organization.
    Fan of The NY Mets!

When a member of your favorite team dies you feel like you've lost a member of your family.

Angels' Adenhart killed in accident
    Rookie right-hander reportedly dies in three-car crash

By Bobbie Dittmeier / MLB.com

04/09/09 11:50 AM ET
    Angels rookie right-hander Nick Adenhart died early Thursday morning after a car accident in Fullerton, Calif., according to multiple reports.

University of California-Irvine Medical Center spokesman John Murray said Adenhart died after undergoing surgery.

Two others were killed and another was seriously injured in the accident, which involved three vehicles. Authorities were blaming the accident on a motorist who ran a red light with his van and then fled the scene on foot. He was later captured and charged with felony hit-and-run.

An Angels employee, reached by telephone, said that the team was preparing a news release and that its media relations department was not taking any calls at that time.

The news of Adenhart's death was first reported by Maryland television station WHAG, which cited a family member as its source. The Los Angeles Times cited an associate of the pitcher in its report.

A gray Mistubishi, hit by the van, slammed into a light pole. Two of the occupants in the Mitsubishi were declared dead at the scene. Adenhart died just after 6 a.m. PT on Thursday.

A fourth occupant is at University of California Irvine Medical Center in Orange in critical condition, said WHAG.

The third vehicle was stopped in the intersection at the time of the accident. The driver was not seriously hurt.

Adenhart, 22, made his season debut against Oakland on Wednesday night, shutting out the A's for six innings in a game the Angels eventually lost, 6-3.

A 14th-round Draft choice in 2004, Adenhart made his Major League debut on May 1 last season and made three starts, winning one of them.

Bobbie Dittmeier is an editor/producer for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Blog Entries
    Just heard this on the radio and it literally rendered me speechless. Such a horrible loss.

Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Such a pity. So young.

My prayer go to the family. Tremendous loss.
    New York Yankees

2009 World Series Champions

This truly is sad. Such a young talented person. =( My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the whole Angels organization.

DiggerODell Guest
    What a terrible loss! 22 years old . . . way too young. Being a long time A's fan, I actually watched the first 6 innings of last nights game and with the Angels up 4-0 . . . I promptly fell asleep. I was happy today when I first learned the A's had come back to win, but within moments that meant absolutely nothing hearing of young Nick's passing.

My condolences to his family, friends and teammates. Being a father of 3, I cannot even begin to imagine the heartbreak.

Blog Entries
    Awful. Shocking. Sad. Prayers and thoughts
    Quest for 27
    Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Blog Entries
    So sad... senseless and tragic.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Horrible news, my deepest condolences to his family.
    "Sandy into his windup. Here's the pitch! Swung on and missed! A perfect game!"- Vin Scully, September 9, 1965

161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Blog Entries
    May his soul forever rest very peacefully.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

I thought it was a late, bad April Fools joke when I heard. My thoughts go out to his family.
    Trusted traders list-
    Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

A terrible loss for all of baseball.

Drunk driving is for the very lowest of humanity. Nick and his family will be in my prayers.

Condolences

Condolences to Adenhart's and the 2 other victims families. Individuals who drive impaired are the scum of the earth.