Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington / Ameriquest Field / The Ballpark in Arlington

Rangers Ballpark in Arlington / Ameriquest Field / The Ballpark in Arlington

I took my two boys on a Ballpark tour today while the Rangers are on the road, and here are some of the pictures from that. These first two are from the main concourse and illustrate what I think is the Ballpark's biggest fault: the field is not visible from the main concourse.

The third shot is a view of the Cowboys Stadium from the club level of the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. This was especially significant the day we took the tour since the new stadium was having its grand opening later that night -- a George Strait concert.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rockies fan living in Texas

Here's a few from the Pressbox and the media room under the Ballpark where the Rangers hold press conferences. (Don't ask what my younger son is doing with his sunglasses; I couldn't tell you.)

Here's a few from the Rangers' dugout. I happen to be wearing the shirt I bought at the first game in Colorado Rockies history...

Here's a couple from the Rangers' clubhouse. The third picture is of my older son, Seth, and me with the jersey Ian Kinsler wore when he went 6 for 6 and hit for the cycle on Jackie Robinson day. Seth and I both went to that game...

Here's one of the items on display in the Legends of the Game Museum in the Ballpark...

Another item in the museum...

Yet another trophy in the Ballpark museum; this one was given to Ty Cobb.

Jerseys worn by Babe Ruth, Satchel Paige, and Nolan Ryan...

Views from the homerun porch and from a luxury suite belonging to the City of Arlington.

Great pictures, great family.

I don't like the new ballparks but this is one of my favorites.

Here's a few shots of an exhibit in the museum depicting the history of ballpark design...

Nice pictures but I do not like that ballpark. The CF background thingy is hideous. I also do not like Minute Maid Park. Looks like a cave.

Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    Nice pictures but I do not like that ballpark. The CF background thingy is hideous. I also do not like Minute Maid Park. Looks like a cave.
    I always wondered, is that an actual area in which you can walk around OR is it just a backdrop? I really hope for the former.
    14 Ballparks Visited Total, 7 visits slated for 2010.

[Shea] - [Yankee] - [Chase] - [Angel] - [Citizens Bank] - [US Cellular] - [Miller] - [Wrigley]

[Citi] - [Fenway] - [Progressive] - [PNC] - [Oriole Park At Camden Yards] - [Oakland Coliseum]

Quote Originally Posted by VekterNYM View Post
    I always wondered, is that an actual area in which you can walk around OR is it just a backdrop? I really hope for the former.
    It's an office building that houses the Rangers offices and they also lease it out to outside companies. The lower level has retail shops.

I saw a game at the Ballpark right after Texas hosted the All-Star game.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielh41 View Post
    Here's one of the items on display in the Legends of the Game Museum in the Ballpark...
    wait....why isn't this in the Yankee Stadium museum....?

Quote Originally Posted by donut726 View Post
    wait....why isn't this in the Yankee Stadium museum....?
    That's a good question. I was surprised to see it the first time I toured the museum (years ago) since that crown trophy is pretty well known after being featured in the opening to "This Week in Baseball."

DiggerODell Guest
    Here's a few from the Pressbox and the media room under the Ballpark where the Rangers hold press conferences. (Don't ask what my younger son is doing with his sunglasses; I couldn't tell you.)
    I agree with Scooter, Daniel . . . fabulous family . . . and a classic photo of your boy and his shades (show that to his future bride someday . . ha!). Hand wash that tee-shirt forever! It's a classic . . . I envy you for having attended that intro in NYC. Great photos of RangerWorld too! Now you got me operating and thinking my ballpark trip tour of like 2012 . . . ha! I could see a Arlington, Houston, Hotlanta (again), TB & hopefully the new Miami by then? Dang, so many ballparks yet to see and seemingly, not enough years to do this? Just remembered Walt (my son) and I talked of an east coast tour in '11 (after a west coast tour in '10) and the (I can't remember what we called it) tour of Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, Cinncy, Pittsburg & Philly in '12. Oh . .. we'll figure it out . . . ha! Might be '13 though before the Rangers can be fit it . . . Beg pardon . . . i'm thinking way too out loud now . . . smilin. Great pics though of yourself and kids . . . I really enjoyed them.
    Last edited by DiggerODell; 06-07-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Is there a hotel in that stadium? Cause I heard there was.

Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    I agree those are cool pictures. Looks like a fun tour. I thank the OP for posting those pictures, very interesting. Hope your kids had a good time.

I agree about the ballpark too. I think being out in the middle of nowhere the field's dimensions could have easily been symetrical like Kaufman or Dodger Stadium. Also, they tried to throw in too many contrived elements like Cincinatti also mistakenly did.

That is only my

DiggerODell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle1 View Post
    I agree those are cool pictures.
    I agree about the ballpark too.

That is only my
    I disagree. Looks like baseball, I like baseball. Old baseball, New baseball, 3rd base, 4th base, but baseball, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
    Is there a hotel in that stadium? Cause I heard there was.
    No, there's no hotel, just offices. I believe there is a hotel in Toronto's Skydome (or whatever they're calling it these days).

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerODell View Post
    I agree with Scooter, Daniel . . . fabulous family . . . and a classic photo of your boy and his shades (show that to his future bride someday . . ha!). Hand wash that tee-shirt forever! It's a classic . . . I envy you for having attended that intro in NYC. Great photos of RangerWorld too! Now you got me operating and thinking my ballpark trip tour of like 2012 . . . ha! I could see a Arlington, Houston, Hotlanta (again), TB & hopefully the new Miami by then? Dang, so many ballparks yet to see and seemingly, not enough years to do this? Just remembered Walt (my son) and I talked of an east coast tour in '11 (after a west coast tour in '10) and the (I can't remember what we called it) tour of Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, Cinncy, Pittsburg & Philly in '12. Oh . .. we'll figure it out . . . ha! Might be '13 though before the Rangers can be fit it . . . Beg pardon . . . i'm thinking way too out loud now . . . smilin. Great pics though of yourself and kids . . . I really enjoyed them.
    Thanks Digger. Maybe when the kids get older, we'll take a ballpark trip tour. I am planning on taking them on a weekend trip to Kansas City in July. We did that in 2006, and I'd like to go again and see the renovations to Kaufman Stadium.
    Last edited by Danielh41; 06-10-2009 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle1 View Post
    I agree those are cool pictures. Looks like a fun tour. I thank the OP for posting those pictures, very interesting. Hope your kids had a good time.

I agree about the ballpark too. I think being out in the middle of nowhere the field's dimensions could have easily been symetrical like Kaufman or Dodger Stadium. Also, they tried to throw in too many contrived elements like Cincinatti also mistakenly did.

That is only my
    The Rangers moved from the very symetrical Arlington Stadium into the asymetrical Ballpark in Arlington, and I remember being very much in favor of throwing some angles and corners into the outfield wall. The shape and height of the outfield walls are what give each ballpark its little quirks, something you don't have in other sports like football or basketball. The only real contrivances (I feel) are the hill and in-play flagpole in Minute Maid Park.

DiggerODell Guest
    Thanks Digger. Maybe when the kids get older, we'll take a ballpark trip tour. I am planning on taking them on a weekend trip to Kansas City in July. We did that in 2006, and I'd like to go again and see the renovations to Kaufman Stadium.
    Hey Daniel . . . do like I did . . . let your kids grow up so they can do all the driving! My son & daughter did all the driving during this last roadtrip. I offered a couple times, but Walt just mumbled something back like "we were thinking of getting to the next town today" . . .not sure what that was all about? . . . ha!

You are absolutely going to love KC! One recommendation, if it's a warm day game, sit out in left field in an area called "the dry duck" or something like that (seats only cost $7 per) . . . the kids will love it . . . those fountains going off every half inning and if your sitting nearest to the water . . . you'll get wet! We did. I used to think I wouldn't like something like that at a ballgame . . . but that was no doubt the funnest game we had that entire trip. One downfall to it though, you can't see the main scoreboard hardly at all from there. But, if your going to make it a weekend, see a couple games so you can enjoy both sides of the park, both wet and dry ;-)
    Last edited by DiggerODell; 06-10-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast