Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Ballpark Designs

Your Dream Ballpark Designs

Just more drawings here.

This first series I did about 10-12 years ago...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stadium drawings

------------------

Stadium drawings

-------------------

Stadium drawings

This one is one of my favorites. I don't know why I never finished it. Inspired of course by the Polo Grounds.

This is another one of my favorites. I actually made a scale model of this design, although the model had a curved grandstand behind home plate, instead of this design's angular grandstand.

Maybe I'll post a photo or two of the model later...

I like the 3rd one with no bleachers behind the right field wall somewhat how Fenway park use to be with the Green Monster

Scale Model

This is the model I did based on the design above, again, with the rounded grandstand. I built my models using "real" construction technology. Not rocket sceince, just cardboard cantilever sections to support the decks. As you can see, the entire upper deck and press level are supended over the lower bowl using cantilevers.

Here's another model stadium - this one a triple-deck design, again, using cantilever construction.

Another shot of the tri-deck design.

Elvis im not joking.If you can build memorial Stadium out of Wood like this 1 foot by 1 foot Ill Pay you $25 plus shipping.Again im not joking its an oppitunity to make what you earned.
    Last edited by steveox; 12-25-2005 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steveox
    Elvis im not joking.If you can build memorial Stadium out of Wood like this 1 foot by 1 foot Ill Pay you $25 plus shipping.Again im not joking its an oppitunity to make what you earned.
    Hmmm...30-40 hours of painstaking, detailed labor...$25...

That works out to... 68 cents an hour...how could I refuse.

$25 wouldn't even pay for half of the materials needed, never mind a weeks labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis9045
    Hmmm...30-40 hours of painstaking, detailed labor...$25...

That works out to... 68 cents an hour...how could I refuse.

$25 wouldn't even pay for half of the materials needed, never mind a weeks labor.

Cut him a break, He is a little slow

Slow? Hes not slow.The models i have saw are great work.But hes not a pro yet i bet someday he could really become an architect.

Elvis my man you are one hell of an architecht! Hope you design a MLB park one day!
    Cristobal

Blog Entries
    Nice designs, Elvis! You have great ideas, and I should say that I'd pick you over HOK to build a baseball stadium, because HOK has a huge grudge against double decked stadiums like Tiger Stadium, and HOK makes ballparks look too bland, stale, and too similar to other ballparks made by them. Your ideas are more refreshing. (Go Elvis!)

I seem to like the six-corner ballpark and the Polo Grounds inspiration ballpark, they look nice. Again, way more original than what HOK would think up of.
    Last edited by Knick9; 12-25-2005 at 09:50 AM.

I like the first one.

Lots of foul territory.
    Of course I'll introduce you to Warren.

I'm sorry, but I can't resist!

Elvis has left the building he designed!

Eddie Cunningham

P.S. Seriously, keep up the good work! I wonder
    if there is a way to design a modern ballpark with
    the uneven grandstand of old Griffith Stadium?
    20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Elvis can you design a Small minor league stadium? A minor league stadium holds 15,000? With a overhang roof protecting rain from fans without poles that obstruct a fans view? And its got to have foul territory like in oakland.

Elvis can you design a Small minor league stadium? A minor league stadium holds 15,000? With a overhang roof protecting rain from fans without poles that obstruct a fans view? And its got to have foul territory like in oakland.
    No problem. but Oakland's Coliseum's design is awfull really. I understand liking parks with lots of foul ground to help the pitcher, but the seats, especially in Oakland, are waaaaaaaaay too far away from the diamond. It's just a poor design for baseball... unless you actuallyenjoy being very far away from the game.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments by the way!

More models and drawings to come later

Minor League teams make a lot of mistakes and errors.Even good minor league teams play poor fielding errors.Thats why you need lots of foul territory cause they have to learn to earn the outs Batters hit balls in the stands to escape the strikeouts but if you hit a pop up and he catches it it helps out the fielding and pitching.Theres no excuse why you cant catch a pop up.No excuse for it at all.

A decent minor league park to design is the Epicenter where the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes play
    Angels 2002 World Champions 1979 1982 1986 2004 2005 AL West Champs

Southern California is covered in Red now

5 Straight Series Win

The saviors
    Jered Weaver 3-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a Sub 1 WHIP with 17K to 3Walk ratio
    Kendry Morales 279 AVG 3 HR'S 11 RBI
    Mike Napoli 323 AVG 4HR'S 11 RBI

Slow? Hes not slow.The models i have saw are great work.But hes not a pro yet i bet someday he could really become an architect.
    Dude, he was calling YOU slow. From this response, I fear he is right.
    Anyway, that is awesome stuff Elvis. You truly have a talent.
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

I like the tri-deck design. It creates an extremely cosy atmosphere at the game. What would you estimate the capacity to be for such a stadium.

Well these are the coolest things I've ever seen! Got any more scans of models that you built? The second one is interesting. And the 3rd one is my fav...

Are you working on anything new?

Hey, Just out of curiosity how much would you charge for a small model of Wrigley? i probably won't be able to afford it (downside of being 15) but who knows maybe something would happen. I'd reckon a few hundred.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast