Thread: Need Help With Hard-To-Find Pics!

Need Help With Hard-To-Find Pics!

Looking for pics of the following players in Pilot uniforms:

Chico Salmon
    Gorman Thomas
    Miguel Fuentes
    Roy McMillan
    Carlos Evans
    Roland Sheldon
    Bob Lasko
    Mike Ferraro

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bctrackboi11 View Post
    Looking for pics of the following players in Pilot uniforms:

Chico Salmon
    Gorman Thomas
    Miguel Fuentes
    Roy McMillan
    Carlos Evans
    Roland Sheldon
    Bob Lasko
    Mike Ferraro

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Can't help with pics, try Google Images. I clicked on to your dice baseball blog [it's a game I've played since I was eight [not eaten :-)]. I like your set-up. Duane Kuiper as likely to homer as The Babe.
    ---
    Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
    Visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Zig Tyko View Post
    I clicked on to your dice baseball blog [it's a game I've played since I was eight [not eaten :-)]. I like your set-up. Duane Kuiper as likely to homer as The Babe.
    Yea, game was passed down to me from my dad around 8ish and we moved past baseball cards after a basement flood wiped em out... We usually cut out pictures we print off... I will start another thread about that soon

Miguel Fuentes

1983 Renatta Galasso and Miguel in action
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bob Lasko

1969 Spring Training Photo of Bob Lasko

Mike Ferraro

1983 Renatta Galasso and Color Photo of Mike Ferraro

If you're talking about the Gorman Thomas who later played center field for the Brewers, his pro career didn't start until 1971. Maybe you have another Thomas in mind?

I had not known that Roy McMillan was affiliated with the Pilots! I see now that the announcement of his joining the organization was in December 1969. I wonder if he ever donned a Pilots uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by VIBaseball View Post
    If you're talking about the Gorman Thomas who later played center field for the Brewers, his pro career didn't start until 1971. Maybe you have another Thomas in mind?

I had not known that Roy McMillan was affiliated with the Pilots! I see now that the announcement of his joining the organization was in December 1969. I wonder if he ever donned a Pilots uniform.
    Apparently, McMillan was on the 1970 spring training roster...

As far as Thomas, he was the #1 draft pick by the Pilots in '69 and later made his debut with the Brewers a couple of years later...

Roland Sheldon

1969 Spring Training photo of Rollie Sheldon

Roy McMillan

I realize it's much after the fact--the original request having come three years ago--however, here's a B&W photo of Roy McMillan as Pilots coach in Spring Training 1970.

Roy McMillian Coach.jpg

Personally, I'm looking for photos of Ron Kotick and Nelson Gibson--can't find anything on them--and Pilots photos for Chico Salmon, Wayne Twitchell, Frank Coggins, Don Bryant and Pete Koegel. The last 5 I can find photos of, obviously, but I'm tired of makeshift photoshopping. The photos like the one of McMillan were club-taken photos for 5x7s distributed with press packets and SHOULD exist for most anyone who ever "officially" suited up for the Pilots except a few short timers like Jerry Stephenson and Garry Roggenburk; its just a matter of what turns up on the web and when.

I noticed davidsb had an awesome (I presume) photoshopped Chico Salmon in his custom set. I'd love to see a full sized non-card pic of it.

Here's a Pete Koegel

Topps had the negative of Pete Koegel as a Pilot on ebay a few months back. I made a custom card of Pete and wrote to him to have him sign it He liked the cards and asked for copies.

Quote Originally Posted by bobw357 View Post
    Here's a Pete Koegel

Topps had the negative of Pete Koegel as a Pilot on ebay a few months back. I made a custom card of Pete and wrote to him to have him sign it He liked the cards and asked for copies.

Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by bobw357 View Post
    Here's a Pete Koegel

that's a great looking card!