Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Need Help With Hard-To-Find Pics!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berea, Kentucky but from Cincinnati
    Posts
    7

    Need Help With Hard-To-Find Pics!

    Looking for pics of the following players in Pilot uniforms:

    Chico Salmon
    Gorman Thomas
    Miguel Fuentes
    Roy McMillan
    Carlos Evans
    Roland Sheldon
    Bob Lasko
    Mike Ferraro

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alameda, Ca.
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by bctrackboi11 View Post
    Looking for pics of the following players in Pilot uniforms:

    Chico Salmon
    Gorman Thomas
    Miguel Fuentes
    Roy McMillan
    Carlos Evans
    Roland Sheldon
    Bob Lasko
    Mike Ferraro

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Can't help with pics, try Google Images. I clicked on to your dice baseball blog [it's a game I've played since I was eight [not eaten :-)]. I like your set-up. Duane Kuiper as likely to homer as The Babe.
    ---
    Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
    Visit my blog

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berea, Kentucky but from Cincinnati
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Zig Tyko View Post
    I clicked on to your dice baseball blog [it's a game I've played since I was eight [not eaten :-)]. I like your set-up. Duane Kuiper as likely to homer as The Babe.
    Yea, game was passed down to me from my dad around 8ish and we moved past baseball cards after a basement flood wiped em out... We usually cut out pictures we print off... I will start another thread about that soon

  4. #4

    Miguel Fuentes

    1983 Renatta Galasso and Miguel in action
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5

    Bob Lasko

    1969 Spring Training Photo of Bob Lasko
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6

    Mike Ferraro

    1983 Renatta Galasso and Color Photo of Mike Ferraro
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,622
    If you're talking about the Gorman Thomas who later played center field for the Brewers, his pro career didn't start until 1971. Maybe you have another Thomas in mind?

    I had not known that Roy McMillan was affiliated with the Pilots! I see now that the announcement of his joining the organization was in December 1969. I wonder if he ever donned a Pilots uniform.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berea, Kentucky but from Cincinnati
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by VIBaseball View Post
    If you're talking about the Gorman Thomas who later played center field for the Brewers, his pro career didn't start until 1971. Maybe you have another Thomas in mind?

    I had not known that Roy McMillan was affiliated with the Pilots! I see now that the announcement of his joining the organization was in December 1969. I wonder if he ever donned a Pilots uniform.
    Apparently, McMillan was on the 1970 spring training roster...

    As far as Thomas, he was the #1 draft pick by the Pilots in '69 and later made his debut with the Brewers a couple of years later...

  9. #9

    Roland Sheldon

    1969 Spring Training photo of Rollie Sheldon
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10

    Roy McMillan

    I realize it's much after the fact--the original request having come three years ago--however, here's a B&W photo of Roy McMillan as Pilots coach in Spring Training 1970.

    Roy McMillian Coach.jpg

    Personally, I'm looking for photos of Ron Kotick and Nelson Gibson--can't find anything on them--and Pilots photos for Chico Salmon, Wayne Twitchell, Frank Coggins, Don Bryant and Pete Koegel. The last 5 I can find photos of, obviously, but I'm tired of makeshift photoshopping. The photos like the one of McMillan were club-taken photos for 5x7s distributed with press packets and SHOULD exist for most anyone who ever "officially" suited up for the Pilots except a few short timers like Jerry Stephenson and Garry Roggenburk; its just a matter of what turns up on the web and when.

    I noticed davidsb had an awesome (I presume) photoshopped Chico Salmon in his custom set. I'd love to see a full sized non-card pic of it.

  11. #11
    Here's a Pete Koegel

    Topps had the negative of Pete Koegel as a Pilot on ebay a few months back. I made a custom card of Pete and wrote to him to have him sign it He liked the cards and asked for copies.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bobw357 View Post
    Here's a Pete Koegel

    Topps had the negative of Pete Koegel as a Pilot on ebay a few months back. I made a custom card of Pete and wrote to him to have him sign it He liked the cards and asked for copies.

    Very cool!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bobw357 View Post
    Here's a Pete Koegel

    Topps had the negative of Pete Koegel as a Pilot on ebay a few months back. I made a custom card of Pete and wrote to him to have him sign it He liked the cards and asked for copies.

    that's a great looking card!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •