Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 2,926 to 2,936 of 2936

Thread: The Mets Ownership / Management Thread

  1. #2926
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Shea Stadium
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulypal View Post
    Listen - your preaching to the choir here. I think the media, print, TV news, internet, etc etc is the most Evil Empire that we deal with on a daily basis. Most of my feelings on this is for on offline discussion, but I have deep disdain for the media as they control the opinion of public. They don't report news they create opinions and their job is to sway the public in certain directions. Most of the public are the mice that followed the pied piper and not smart enough to formulate their own opinion. The ARod situation is just a minor example of this.

    With that said, and taking this the subject:

    Yes its a slow time and Niese was name that was maybe going to get traded so its news. Also - this obviously was talked about when it happened because the whole thing was on video.

    Personally - if the deal is good and its an upgrade - they can trade Niese. If they trade him I don't view it as salary dump depending on the deal.
    As noted, though, the barrage of negative stories about specific Mets players is a pattern. Stuff nobody knew about or made a big deal about is dredged up or invented when the Wilpons don't feel like paying a guy. The transgressions are often trivial but the goal is always the demonization of players who are close to gone.

    http://gothamist.com/2010/09/09/mets...visit_team.php

    Interesting the above link quotes Lupica. The Wilpons are chummy with Mort Zuckerman. Lupica has become chummy with the Wilpons. More than even the rest of the local papers the Daily News is a Wilpon propaganda organ.


    "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

  2. #2927
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    As noted, though, the barrage of negative stories about specific Mets players is a pattern. Stuff nobody knew about or made a big deal about is dredged up or invented when the Wilpons don't feel like paying a guy. The transgressions are often trivial but the goal is always the demonization of players who are close to gone.

    http://gothamist.com/2010/09/09/mets...visit_team.php

    Interesting the above link quotes Lupica. The Wilpons are chummy with Mort Zuckerman. Lupica has become chummy with the Wilpons. More than even the rest of the local papers the Daily News is a Wilpon propaganda organ.
    Mike Lupica - Nuff said. Another minion in the media that is just nothing but a disgusting excuse for a human being.

  3. #2928
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    5,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulypal View Post
    Mike Lupica - Nuff said. Another minion in the media that is just nothing but a disgusting excuse for a human being.
    The Daily news, led by Lupica, has become a Yankee bashing , Wilpon defending rag. The Post has become an anti-Met, promote the Yankees rag.

    I enjoy reading the Wall Street Journal in regards to NY baseball. Limited coverage, but usually very fair and rational to both teams.

  4. #2929
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, USA
    Posts
    4,250
    Fred Wilpon turned 78 on Saturday.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

  5. #2930
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, USA
    Posts
    4,250
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    The Daily news, led by Lupica, has become a Yankee bashing , Wilpon defending rag. The Post has become an anti-Met, promote the Yankees rag.

    I enjoy reading the Wall Street Journal in regards to NY baseball. Limited coverage, but usually very fair and rational to both teams.
    I like the WSJ's coverage but I strangely like the coverage by the Newark Star-Ledger myself.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

  6. #2931
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,038
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Fred Wilpon turned 78 on Saturday.
    Happy Birthday Fred and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

  7. #2932
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, USA
    Posts
    4,250
    Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    Happy Birthday Fred and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
    Thank you, Mr. Wilpon.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

  8. #2933
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,683
    Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    Happy Birthday Fred and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
    Yes I hope he has a great birthday!!!

  9. #2934
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,038
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulypal View Post
    Yes I hope he has a great birthday!!!
    I hope his team has a great year.

  10. #2935
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,683
    Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    I hope his team has a great year.
    You and me both. I am expecting a good one.

  11. #2936
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Shea Stadium
    Posts
    3,023
    Here's a list from Rolling Stone magazine of the 15 worst owners in professional sports:

    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...nders-20141125

    Fred is #14. Of course he should be #1, but politics that clash with Rolling Stone's ideological bent seem to be weighed more heavily than actual suckitude. (Dan Snyder is the "worst" owner in professional sports because he won't bow to pressure to change the name of his team. The Ricketts family is "worse" than Fred because they support the "wrong" politics.)

    Then again Fred did make the list despite pandering to prevailing "politically correct" orthodoxy, which indicates just how bad he is.

    Speaking of which, I've always found it disgusting that Fred used a noble figure like Jackie Robinson as a moral fig leaf for a stadium purpose built for socio-economic discrimination. The stadium was also the beachhead for his war of conquest to relieve his neighbors of their land.

    Some guy named Jeb Lund wrote the list. His research seems lacking. He should check out this forum and educate himself about all Fred's slimy dealings.


    "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •