Thread: VMart to BoSox

VMart to BoSox

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

VMart is gone now too. Hopefully our GM knows what he's doing and the tribe will be back in the hunt in a couple years. I kinda doubt it, but I am trying to be positive.

does it really make a difference? If these guys pan out, they'll be outta here in a few years. Best we can hope for is contend for a season or two, then dismantle and rebuild again.

Dolan knows what he is doing ... he is pocketing about $30 million a year whether we win or lose.

Dolan is the Calvin Griffith of modern owners.

Next window of opportunity: 2012 - 2016. After that, another five-year plan.

MASSIVE FRONT OFFICE CHANGES AT THE END OF THE SEASON. Unfortunately there may be layoffs of the innocent also.

VMart??

Another clever nickname?

VMart is Victor Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Real Tribe Fan View Post
    VMart is Victor Martinez
    A very clever nickname.

At least if there is ever a Kevin Martinez or a Walter Martinez, we know what RTF will call them
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Maybe I'm talking to the wrong people, but I've never heard of Martinez referred to as 'VMart' in Cleveland.

Brisbane, Australia/ Greencastle, Indiana
    http://www.outsidecorner.bravehost.com/indians.html

most recent two articles are abou tthe victor trade - let me know any thoughts or commetns - i am sure many, MANY indians fans are feeling the same!
    GOT GRADY??

The Outside Corner - A Modern Look at Professional Sports

www.outsidecorner.bravehost.com

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    At least if there is ever a Kevin Martinez or a Walter Martinez, we know what RTF will call them
    I heard "VMart" somewhere......honestly, I am not that creative. Maybe it was on STO.

And after a quick google search...... http://www.baseballdailydigest.com/b...off-to-boston/

See, it's not just me.
    Last edited by Real Tribe Fan; 08-03-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    This trade would also come back to haunt the Indians, in the form of a 4-game sweep at the hands of the BoSox to close the season.

It's even more fitting that Wedge concluded his tenure against the BoSox, since that was the team that sent it downhill to begin with.
    The playoffs should expand eventually, but only if MLB itself expands.

See my blog for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by PF#9 View Post
    This trade would also come back to haunt the Indians, in the form of a 4-game sweep at the hands of the BoSox to close the season.

It's even more fitting that Wedge concluded his tenure against the BoSox, since that was the team that sent it downhill to begin with.
    Ok, although
    1) They could have won 3 of the 4 games handily without VMart, and
    2) The Tribe had also been swept recently by Minnesota, Detroit, and of all teams, Oakland
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge