• CandlestickBum
    2010, Year of the Giant
    • Aug 2006

Welcome to the show Buster Posey

Giants call up Posey, Runzler
  • Honus Wagner Rules
    xFIP?! I laugh at you!
    • Nov 2004

You beat me to it! Welcome to the show Gerald!
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Greg Maddux's Biggest Fan
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
      You beat me to it! Welcome to the show Gerald!
      I guess Sabean lied about not calling up Posey this season.

Comment

• Honus Wagner Rules
        xFIP?! I laugh at you!
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Greg Maddux's Biggest Fan View Post
        I guess Sabean lied about not calling up Posey this season.
        Or his hand was forced with not knowing the extend of Molina's injury. The idea of having to go with Whiteside for a good potion of September sounds a bit scary especially with this big time catching prospect raking at AAA. And of course Posey doesn't start tonight.
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• hallzee
          Stay thirsty my friends!
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
          Or his hand was forced with not knowing the extend of Molina's injury. The idea of having to go with Whiteside for a good potion of September sounds a bit scary especially with this big time catching prospect raking at AAA. And of course Posey doesn't start tonight.
          Exactly... Would be pretty scary to have Garko behind the plate if Whiteside gets nicked. Plus, we might see Buster sooner rather than later after Eli's 3 K's tonight put his BA at just about .200.

I don't think Sabean was lying - he really had no choice.
          "There's no crying in Baseball!"
          -...unless your son throws a no-no for the Giants!

Comment

• CandlestickBum
            2010, Year of the Giant
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by hallzee View Post
            Exactly... Would be pretty scary to have Garko behind the plate if Whiteside gets nicked. Plus, we might see Buster sooner rather than later after Eli's 3 K's tonight put his BA at just about .200.

I don't think Sabean was lying - he really had no choice.
            Shoot, look at Eli's August.

42 PA, 9H, 8 SO, BA .240

That, and what exactly has Bengie shown us since June anyway?

Man, is he young, but shoot, give him a shot.

Comment

• Richard
              • Aug 2007

The Giants are good now, but next I would not want to play them. Posey is a difference maker.

Comment

• Rich the Giants fan
                Stretch 44
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                The Giants are good now, but next I would not want to play them. Posey is a difference maker.
                Don't get me wrong here, because I'm a huge believer in Buster Posey, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Not only has his defense behind the dish (arm excluded) been questioned at times, he still hasn't even played in a ML game.

Please don't make me bring up Matt Wieters.
                San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

• hallzee
                  Stay thirsty my friends!
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
                  Don't get me wrong here, because I'm a huge believer in Buster Posey, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Not only has his defense behind the dish (arm excluded) been questioned at times, he still hasn't even played in a ML game.

Please don't make me bring up Matt Wieters.
                  For the sake of all that is good, DO NOT bring up Matt Wieters.
                  "There's no crying in Baseball!"
                  -...unless your son throws a no-no for the Giants!

Comment

• Honus Wagner Rules
                    xFIP?! I laugh at you!
                    • Nov 2004

In today's game Boche could have pinch hit Posey for Eli Ehiteside in the 9th inning. But Boche didn't. :o

Comment

• Honus Wagner Rules
                      xFIP?! I laugh at you!
                      • Nov 2004

west coast,

What do your "inside sources" say what the real reason is for Bochy refusing to play Posey at all?

Comment

• rkoch
                        • Dec 2006

The idea of Garko behind the plate is ridiculous. He should be sent to a lower classification along with Ishikawa.Eli Whiteside is a journeyman catcher who knows how to handle pitchers and the pitchers have confidence in him. His offense might be a little light but he is a good game caller and gets on with the pitchers and is a valueble man with the club.
                        Last edited by rkoch; 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• west coast orange and black
                          • Aug 2004

wags: west coast, What do your "inside sources" say what the real reason is for Bochy refusing to play Posey at all?

it's not that bochy does not wanna play posey. rather, he just wants to give the kid a chance to succeed.
                          i figured that posey would get his feet wet in a blow-out game and lo and behold, it was tonight in the 10-3 romp.
                          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

• KHenry14
                            Gigantes Moderator
                            • Feb 2004

Funny thing, Vin Scully completely misunderstood the crowd reaction when Buster came to bat. He stated the the crowd was sort of razzing Rohlinger for his RBI, when you could clearly see that the crowd was welcoming Buster on his MLB debut. There was even chants of "Buster, Buster" that Vin missed. But a Giants fan could tell what was going on..

Who here was hoping he'd pull a Will Clark and go yard in his first AB??
                            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• CandlestickBum
                              2010, Year of the Giant
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                              Funny thing, Vin Scully completely misunderstood the crowd reaction when Buster came to bat. He stated the the crowd was sort of razzing Rohlinger for his RBI, when you could clearly see that the crowd was welcoming Buster on his MLB debut. There was even chants of "Buster, Buster" that Vin missed. But a Giants fan could tell what was going on..

Who here was hoping he'd pull a Will Clark and go yard in his first AB??
                              You KNOW Will was on a lot of our minds. "wouldn't it be cool if......"

Ahhhh, strike three, not what we envisioned was it? At least he showed a catcher's eye and took a couple of balls.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X