X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJMetfan4life
    • Jun 2007

I can't believe nobody posted this yet. On April 29th, R.A. Dickey stepped up to the mound and gave up an 0-2 single, than retired the next 27 batters in a row. One mistake cost him a perfect game.
    The official website of the New York Mets with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
      Team Veteran
      • Feb 2009

AAA, Buffalo: Chris Carter (.336) continues to hit. Just 1-4 tonight but a 2B and 2 RBI...Ruben Tejada ( .309) is 16-37 (.432) over his last 11 games.

AA, Binghamton: Brad Holt came into the game with an 18.69 ERA. Tonight he went 4 innings allowed 4 hits, 0 earned runs with 1 BB and 5 Ks. Kirk Niewenhuis was 2-5 (.304) with 2 2Bs...

A, Savannah: 18-year old, Wilmer Flores (.333) was 2-4. Flores is 5th in the SAL in average, 2nd in hits, 5th in 2Bs, tied for 9th in HR, and 3rd in OPS...Armando Rodriguez got the win tonight with 4 shutout innings. Opponents are batting just .196 against him.

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
        Team Veteran
        • Feb 2009

Update on 18-year old Wilmer Flores at Savannah in the South Atlantic League...

League Leaders

.359 AVG - 1st
        51 Hits - 1st
        14 2Bs - 3rd
        5 HR - 13th tied
        30 RBI - 3rd tied
        84 TB - 1st
        .405 OBP - 6th
        .997 OPS - 1st

Comment

• milladrive
          • Sep 2006

Gotta give you props, ROH, for these updates. Not only are they helping many of us become familiar with their names, but seeing how well our boys "on the horizon" are doing is a genuinely welcome sight. Many thank-you's are in order, so I figured I'd offer you one.

Put it in the books.

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
            Team Veteran
            • Feb 2009

AAA, Buffalo: Bisons beat Norfolk 4-0. Pat Misch threw a complete game shut-out. Misch is 3-0 with a 3.30 ERA. Mike Hessman was 2-3 with his 12th HR - leads the league. Jesus Feliciano was 1-3, BB, SB and is batting .356 to lead the league as well. Feliciano might make a decent #2 hitter in the Majors, but he lacks the power teams often look for in a RFer...then again, the Mets did go with Timo Perez briefly. At this point, I'd take anyone over Francoeur.

AA, Binghamton: The Mets lost to the Trenton Thunder (Yankees), 6-2. The good news is that Reese Havens made his AA debut and went 3-5. Brad Holt was tagged for 6 runs in 4 innings. He has really regressed since advancing to AA, though injuries may have played a significant role.

A, St. Lucie: The Mets beat Jupiter 5-4. Ryoto Igarashi made his first rehab start and gave up 2 runs on 4 hits in 2/3 IP. Sean Ratliff (.300) was 3-4 with 3 2Bs.

A, Savannah: The Sand Gnats beat Rome 3-0. Anthony Whitenton went 6 shut out innings for the win. He's held the opposition to a .176 average this season. Wilmer Flores (.359) was 1-3. Jefry Marte (.230) was 2-4, HR. Caesar Puello (.230) was also 0-3.

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
              Team Veteran
              • Feb 2009

AAA, Buffalo: Buffalo beat Charlotte 7-1...Josh Thole hit his 1st HR of the year and has his average up to .230 after a terrible start...Ruben Tejada was 2-4 to raise his average to .305...If the Mets were to trade Luis Castillo, don't automatically believe Tejada would be recalled to take his place. The Mets might believe the 20-year old prospect still needs additional experience at AAA, especially since he got off to such a slow start. Instead the Mets might call up former BJ's #1 pick, Russ Adams who is hitting .306...Also, if the Mets could get a decent relief pitcher for Alex Cora, Adams is just as versatile and probably no worse with the bat...Jesus Feliciano had 2 hits to raise his average to .371. He may not have much power at all, but you have to be intrigued by his batting average. Feliciano has hit .315, .308, and .311 in three consecutive seasons at AAA with the Mets. He's tough to strike out, and may in fact be more consistent and productive than Jeff Francoeur who is now the Mets 8th place hitter.

AA, Binghamton: The Mets were smacked around by New Britain, 14-2. Brad Holt gave up 7 runs in 2.2 innings. Holt was once a top pitching prospect, but something has gone terribly wrong for him at AA. Nick Evans (.295) was 3-4 with a HR. Evans might replace Fernando Tatis on the 25-man roster if the Mets could get a half-way decent reliever for Tatis.

A, St. Lucie: The Mets lost 5-4...Daniel Murphy made his first rehab start of the year and went 2-3 with a HR...Prospect Jeury's Familia is starting to throw well after a rough beginning to the season. Familia went 5 innings and allowed just 1 run to lower his ERA to 6.08. It was his third consecutive effective start.

A, Savannah: The Sand Gnats lost to the Yankees' SAL affiliate 9-6...Pedro Zapata (.268) was 3-4. Zapata is huge at 6'4", but has yet to hit a HR in 2 professional seasons....he does however bat lead off and has 15 SBs. He batted .329 at Kingsport last year. Since he's 22 already, its hard to get excited about his future...Wilmer Flores (.341) was 1-4...2Bman, Alonzo Harris (.250) is a fringy prospect and was 2-4, 2B. He's just 20 years old and batted .273 with 10 HR at Kingsport in 2009.

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
                Team Veteran
                • Feb 2009

Daniel Murphy went 5-5 last night at St. Lucie...time to call him up to AAA?

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
                  Team Veteran
                  • Feb 2009

AAA, Buffalo: The Bisons beat Toledo behind Dillon Gee (6 IP, 3 runs, 1 BB, 9 Ks)...Jesus Feliciano (.380) went 4-5. It's time to reward him with an opportunity to play at the Major League level even if he's 30 years old...Daniel Murphy was 2-5, 2B...Josh Thole came into the game on a 10-19 (.526) hot streak, but went 0-1 with 2 BBs...Ruben Tejada (.300 ) was 1-3.

AA, Binghamton: The Mets won 2-1 behind 5 scoreless innings by Brad Holt who gave up just 1 hit...recently promoted 3Bman Eric Campbell (.393) was 2-4. Campbell was batting .336 at St. Lucie prior to his recall...Campbell was recalled to take the place of Zack Lutz who went on the DL with a broken foot.

A, St. Lucie:
                  The Mets won, but there are few players of interest on this team outside of a few pitchers.

A, Savannah: Brandon Moore threw well (7 IP, 1 run, 10 Ks) but the Gnats lost 2-1. Wilmer Flores (.312) was 1-3.

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
                    Team Veteran
                    • Feb 2009

Jesus Feliciano was 5-5 with two 2Bs tonight to raise his average to .403. Time to release Gary Matthews Jr, and give Feliciano the shot he's earned. He cannot possibly be any worse and he's put in his dues. Daniel Murphy was 2-5 with a HR tonight.

Comment

• Cowtipper
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2006

Hopefully Feliciano's time to get called up is almost here. I've been rooting for him since the early 2000s, and it looks like all his years of toiling in the minors will finally pay off.

(though he'll probably end up like Rick Short - the guy was a .320 career hitter in the minors and spent all of 11 games in the big leagues).

Comment

• NJMetfan4life
                        • Jun 2007

Does Feliciano play CF? Or just RF?

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
                          Team Veteran
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                          Does Feliciano play CF? Or just RF?
                          LF, CF, RF....all three. His average is up to .403 with a 5-5 effort today. He's 30 years old and has earned a shot. His splits against LHP and RHP are both excellent. GMJr. has earned his release. This guy deserves a chance to play at the MLB level, even if only as a 4th or 5th OFer. I'm rooting for him.

Comment

• NJMetfan4life
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ReyesOfHope View Post
                            LF, CF, RF....all three. His average is up to .403 with a 5-5 effort today. He's 30 years old and has earned a shot. His splits against LHP and RHP are both excellent. GMJr. has earned his release. This guy deserves a chance to play at the MLB level, even if only as a 4th or 5th OFer. I'm rooting for him.
                            From what I understand so far is he is only competent in LF, and will not get called up unless there are a few injuries. I guess for now he's trade bait, the 30 year old prospect.

Comment

• ReyesOfHope
                              Team Veteran
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                              From what I understand so far is he is only competent in LF, and will not get called up unless there are a few injuries. I guess for now he's trade bait, the 30 year old prospect.
                              Really? I don't have any knowledge of his fielding specifically other than he's not a "plus defender", but he played the entire 2008 season in CF at AAA, New Orleans for the Mets and made just 2 errors - though I don't know about his range or his arm. He also played CF for Puerto Rico in the 2005 Baseball World Cup. He played LF in the WBC for Puerto Rico - but Carlos beltran was the CFer. In 12 years he's only made 27 errors in the OF. I'd like to think he is competent at least at all 3 OF spots. We're talking about a 4th or 5th OFer here...a guy that has earned an opportunity to get a shot at a MLB paycheck...unlike GMJ.

Comment

• Frogshiem77
                                Is it 2012 yet.
                                • Dec 2006

Any thought on what direction the Mets go in tonight's draft?

I've heard either an advanced college pitcher like Matt Harvey or a hitter like Zack Cox assuming either is still around. Obviously the MLB draft is not as impactful as other drafts, but the Mets need to continue to stock the minor leagues with talent if we're ever going to be a perennial contender.
                                "Nobody ever won a World Series drinking milk"
                                -Doug Sisk, RP 1986 Mets

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X