Thread: Rays pick up Crawford's option; decline Shouse, Zaun

Rays pick up Crawford's option; decline Shouse, Zaun

The team picked up Crawford's option, but declined Zaun's and Shouse's... Zaun will received a $500K buyout, Shouse $200K.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
    Check out my stuff for sale on eBay! Jersey cards of Edinson Volquez, Craig Kimbrel and David Ortiz! Bat card of Troy Tulowitzki! Autographs of Drake Britton, Kyle Lotzkar, Casey Weathers, Michael Burgess, Bryan Anderson, Trevor Bauer, Adam Lind, John Ely and Lorenzo de la Cruz! Plus a guide on how to get autographs...for free!

My website...
    My other website...
    My other, other website...

Zaun may be re-signed, just at a lower salary. He likes it here and has a home here, and with Navarro as his competition, he has a good chance of playing more here than somewhere else.

And just picking up CC's option doesn't mean he will be here long term, unfortunately. It just keeps him off the market while management decides whether they can afford to sign him to another multiyear deal or trade him in the offseason or at the deadline. They have an alleged CC clone in AAA in Desmond Jennings, who would be a cheaper alternative, but does he project to do what CC has already done? CC is a Rays career leader in a lot of offensive categories, and also a potential Gold Glover on defense.

If you did let Crawford walk, I could see riots outside of The Trop.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

He wouldn't just "walk" and we get nothing in return. If they did trade him, I would hope it would be for major league ready prospects, or maybe a guy like Mike Napoli and a top prospect in return, as we need an upgrade at catching at the major league level. As far as "riots" outside the Trop, you need crowds for that

Ignore this post.
    Check out my stuff for sale on eBay! Jersey cards of Edinson Volquez, Craig Kimbrel and David Ortiz! Bat card of Troy Tulowitzki! Autographs of Drake Britton, Kyle Lotzkar, Casey Weathers, Michael Burgess, Bryan Anderson, Trevor Bauer, Adam Lind, John Ely and Lorenzo de la Cruz! Plus a guide on how to get autographs...for free!

My website...
    My other website...
    My other, other website...