Thread: Rays claim Ramon Ramirez off waivers

Rays claim Ramon Ramirez off waivers

The Tampa Bay Rays have claimed right-handed pitcher Ramon Ramirez off waivers from the Cincinnati Reds.

Ramirez, 27, compiled a 3.65 ERA (12.1-IP, 5-ER) in 11 relief appearances for the Reds last season during two stints in the major leagues. He spent the remainder of the season with Louisville (AAA), where he went
    ADVERTISEMENT
    6-7 with a 4.03 ERA in 20 starts and 11 relief appearances. In parts of two seasons in the majors (2008-09) he is 1-1 with a 2.97 ERA (39.1-IP, 13-ER) in 16 games (four starts) while holding opponents to a .184 (25-for-136) batting average.

A Venezuela native, Ramirez made three relief appearances in the 2009 World Baseball Classic. He spent the first three years of his career (2000-02) in the San Diego Padres organization before signing with Cincinnati as a minor league free agent on May 12, 2003.

http://mlntherawfeed.squarespace.com...f-waivers.html
    Check out my stuff for sale on eBay! Currently selling New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, San Francisco Giants, Tampa Bay Rays and Washington Nationals card lots! Player lots of Tony Gwynn, Felix Hernandez, Nolan Ryan and Giancarlo Stanton! Plus a guide on how to get autographs ... for free!

My website...
    My other website...
    My other, other website...

Red Sox claim Ramon Ramirez off waivers after the Rays let him go, and now have two Ramon Ramirez's on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by raysnbran View Post
    Red Sox claim Ramon Ramirez off waivers after the Rays let him go, and now have two Ramon Ramirez's on the roster
    Hey, we'll take as many Ramon Ramirez' as we can get
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!