• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoweryBoys
    • Sep 2003

Comment

• Pete Rose Rounding Third
      • Mar 2007

It was never established? "The clear" is THG, a steroid. Are you saying that this wasn't shown in court at the time? Even if this is true, does this mean Barry Bonds never took steroids?

Comment

• Ubiquitous
        stats moderator
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Pete Rose Rounding Third View Post
        It was never established? "The clear" is THG, a steroid. Are you saying that this wasn't shown in court at the time? Even if this is true, does this mean Barry Bonds never took steroids?
        Yes and Bonds never said he took "The Clear".

In all probability Bonds took steroids but his court testimony does not have him admitting this.

Comment

• White Knight
          Join Zap!
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Pete Rose Rounding Third View Post
          Pardon my ignorance, but what effects does a cream have when compared to injections?
          Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

• ol' aches and pains
            A Gametime Decision
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
            As for evidence against Maris we have Max "Dr. Feelgood" Jacobson who was amphetamine doctor to NYC in that era. He was a presence in the Yankee clubhouse for years and it was Jacobson who gave Mantle the shot that led to him being sidelined at the end of 61. Is it a fact that Maris used? Nope. Is there some evidence that suggests that he might have used? Yes, but it isn't a lot.
            What? As evidence against Maris, you have the doctor who gave Mantle a shot? That's some hard evidence there. You already connected Tom Seaver to steroids on no evidence whatsoever, now it's Maris on amphetamine!

We know McGwire is guilty, deal with it. We're not here to talk about the past.
            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Bulldog19
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
              What? As evidence against Maris, you have the doctor who gave Mantle a shot? That's some hard evidence there. You already connected Tom Seaver to steroids on no evidence whatsoever, now it's Maris on amphetamine!
              Evidence is required? Is that why people like to keep bringing Pujols' name into saying he has done steriods too?
              Mike Hopper
              Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

• Ubiquitous
                stats moderator
                • Aug 2005

We know McGwire is guilty, deal with it. We're not here to talk about the past.
                What exactly am I supposed to deal with in terms of McGwire's guilt?

Comment

• ol' aches and pains
                  A Gametime Decision
                  • Apr 2008

What exactly am I supposed to deal with in terms of McGwire's guilt?
                  I don't know but you seem to be having trouble accepting it, trying to paint everybody who ever played the game with the same brush. Tom Seaver? Roger Maris?
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Ubiquitous
                    stats moderator
                    • Aug 2005

I don't know but you seem to be having trouble accepting it, trying to paint everybody who ever played the game with the same brush. Tom Seaver? Roger Maris?
                    Accepting what? That he took steroids? I don't care if he took steroids. I don't care if Tom Seaver used or did not use. I don't care if Maris was getting shots or not. It wouldn't change how I view any of these ballplayers.

And yes I do paint everybody who ever played the game with the same brush, the human brush.

Comment

• StanTheMan
                      Back after a decade or so
                      • Jan 2006

Bonds admitted to using liquids that were creamy and liquids that were clear. Bonds has stated he did not use steroids. It was never established that these creamy liquids and clear liquids were steroids.
                      $10 if you make this EXACT statement your sig for two weeks...
                      "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• SHOELESSJOE3
                        • Jan 2000

Accepting what? That he took steroids? I don't care if he took steroids. I don't care if Tom Seaver used or did not use. I don't care if Maris was getting shots or not. It wouldn't change how I view any of these ballplayers.

And yes I do paint everybody who ever played the game with the same brush, the human brush.
                        Beating around the bush again.The poster did not question whether you care or not, cut the smoke screen, that you continue to use.

He brought up the fact that your supposing Maris used benzedrine, deal with the issue, Maris and using a substance. You missed your calling in life, you should have been an attorney...... just throw something out there, maybe some on will buy.

Whats the nonsense about the human brush.
                        Because some moderns have got caught in the act, your supposing just about every player from the past used a substance............give us some evidence on Maris.

Comment

• StanTheMan
                          Back after a decade or so
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Ace Venom View Post
                          Bingo. I don't think La Russa really wanted to know.

Of course he didn't want to know.... Just like Selig, the other owners, and Fehr. He11 the first tests were "confidential" until the govt said, "excuse us.... paper cover rock on this one. BTW, we're not rocks."

The true justice of it all is that many who purposefully turned a blind eye now have egg on it... On the entire face actually.
                          "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• SHOELESSJOE3
                            • Jan 2000

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                            Of course he didn't want to know.... Just like Selig, the other owners, and Fehr. He11 the first tests were "confidential" until the govt said, "excuse us.... paper cover rock on this one. BTW, we're not rocks."

The true justice of it all is that many who purposefully turned a blind eye now have egg on it... On the entire face actually.

Still the bottom line STAN, those that chose to use shoulder the blame, no one else.

Comment

• Ace Venom
                              Retire #8
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post

Major League Baseball tried to handle it internally and they blew it miserably. A lot of these guys are going to get their own in baseball history from future generations. Even saying that, you can't really ignore the people who actually committed the crimes by using illegal substances. Just because a few people turned a blind eye or did not want to know what was going on shouldn't excuse that. It doesn't mean their credibility is going to be judged as very high.
                              RIP Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010).

Comment

• SHOELESSJOE3
                                • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Ace Venom View Post
                                Major League Baseball tried to handle it internally and they blew it miserably. A lot of these guys are going to get their own in baseball history from future generations. Even saying that, you can't really ignore the people who actually committed the crimes.
                                This is where the real truth is. Some are having difficulty laying the blame where it really belongs, no one but those that made the choice, their choice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X