Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 158

Thread: Cowtipper's trivial trivia

  1. #1

    Cowtipper's trivial trivia

    These questions are really trivial. I've posted them on another site I frequent as well, but please don't use that site to cheat if you know what site I'm talking about. Some of these are really easy, some of them are tougher. Try not to look them up! Have fun

    Who was the only post-1950 player born in Russia to reach the major leagues?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,684
    Kevin Kouzmanoff? <guess>

  3. #3
    Nope, it isn't Kevin Kouzmanoff.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    10,153
    Victor Cole.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

  5. #5
    Yes, that is correct.

    Another easy one (the first few are going to be easy, because the early questions I asked on the other site were all simple, not-hard-to-find on Baseball Reference types)

    Which manager had a career 45-60 record, and managed the Mariners?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Yes, that is correct.

    Another easy one (the first few are going to be easy, because the early questions I asked on the other site were all simple, not-hard-to-find on Baseball Reference types)

    Which manager had a career 45-60 record, and managed the Mariners?
    Jim Snyder.

  7. #7
    That is correct.

    Babe Ruth's wife, Claire, was the cousin of what former slugger?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Babe Ruth's wife, Claire, was the cousin of what former slugger?
    Johnny Mize.

  9. #9
    That is correct.

    Who was the first player to smear mud under his eyes to reduce the Sun's glare?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Who was the first player to smear mud under his eyes to reduce the Sun's glare?
    Isn't that Johnny Mize as well?
    A narcissist is someone better looking than you are.

  11. #11
    Yes, that was Mize as well.

    Who was David Cheadle's first career strikeout?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Who was David Cheadle's first career strikeout?
    Good ol' Charlie Hustle.
    A narcissist is someone better looking than you are.

  13. #13
    Yes sir.

    Who was the 1973 College World Series MVP?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Yes sir.

    Who was the 1973 College World Series MVP?
    Dave Winfield, Minnesota.

  15. #15
    Dave Winfield it is.

    Who was the third Nicaraguan to play in the big leagues?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Dave Winfield it is.

    Who was the third Nicaraguan to play in the big leagues?
    Albert Williams

  17. #17
    That's correct.

    On what date did the 1980s Ken Williams hit his first home run?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    On what date did the 1980s Ken Williams hit his first home run?
    September 27, 1986, 1st game

  19. #19
    That is correct.

    In 1998, Kevin Young became the first Pirate since who to hit 40 doubles and 25 home runs in a season?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    In 1998, Kevin Young became the first Pirate since who to hit 40 doubles and 25 home runs in a season?
    Dave Parker in 1979.

  21. #21
    What is minor league pitcher Kenny Nelson's commonly used nickname?

  22. #22
    I'm sorry, but the correct answer is "Bubba." Bubba. Next question:

    John Hoover's 19 complete games in 1984 broke the former NCAA record of 18, set by who?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,458
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    John Hoover's 19 complete games in 1984 broke the former NCAA record of 18, set by who?
    Bobby J. Jones?
    Put it in the books.

  24. #24
    That is incorrect. The correct answer is Floyd Bannister.

    Who was the 10th pitcher to hit a home run in his first major league at bat?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,458
    Blog Entries
    4
    The 10th? Interesting number.

    I'd have to say either John Montefusco or Josť Sosa, but I'm leaning toward the latter.
    Put it in the books.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •