Spring Training Injuries
It has been a pretty bad spring for the team many are prognosticating are on the cusp of competing. The Orioles are well below .500, and have finished getting trounced by the Toronto Blue Jays... the one team in the AL East they are supposed to be better than. But all that is irrelevant -- what is relevant is this:
- Brian Roberts has a herniated disk in his back.
- Nolan Reimold is still recovering from foot surgery, and he's laboring.
- Mike Gonzalez has a sore back.
- Felix Pie has been in and out of the lineup with nags.
- Craig Tatum hurt his left index finger (undetermined severity) off a foul tip.
- Koji Uehara strained his hamstring again.
I may be missing a few more. Add to that Brad Bergesen's prolonged recovery from his leg injury and one wonders what team the Orioles are really going to have for opening day.
September 16, 2012: The Losing Streak Ends