Page 51 of 283 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5642

Thread: Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce Moose View Post
    i am not sure if these pics of the luxury suite design were already posted on here. i think they built these at a building next to the construction zone.
    They did - the Twins have their Ballpark Sales Office, I believe, in the Multifoods building (the very plain block building you can see in this picture:

which is where the ballpark web-cam is located as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankies4life View Post
    i still think those guys are out of their mind. playing baseball out doors in april and may, when they know the weather is cold and crappy, just crazy
    You know, April here really sucked (I live 4 hours north of the TC's). We got about 4 feet of snow, and High School baseball really struggled to get going (it wasn't quite as bad in the TC's, but still, it brought out the requisit "why isn't there a roof?" articles). However, that is the extreme, and April 2007 we were in the 70's, and had no problems getting games in. I also remember Cleveland, Chicago and the like having opening day snowed out with-in the last few years. What are you gonna do?

Moose

new header over at Rick's site sorry i could not get the size smaller
    Attached Images Attached Images

We never see pics from that angle. Way to go Rick.

Okay, back to some more pics. I found these on Flickr.

Here is a nice shot at dusk. When you take out the Target Center and the boring Multifoods building, the skyline is pretty cool.

Another at dusk. Nothing new to see other than a taste of how the park will look at sunset. I have a feeling that the limestone will really 'pop' at dusk.

Agreed on how good the limestone will look. My wife and I checked out the ballpark last Friday around sunset, and even the small section of limestone that they have up so far was really striking. When it is all done it should be quite a site. Not a bad upgrade from the concrete and teflon of the dome.

What is cool to me is that while the ballpark won't open until 2010, a portion of it is already about 400 million years old (the limestone, which apparantly was formed that long ago)!

Quote Originally Posted by 87Twins91 View Post
    Agreed on how good the limestone will look. My wife and I checked out the ballpark last Friday around sunset, and even the small section of limestone that they have up so far was really striking. When it is all done it should be quite a site. Not a bad upgrade from the concrete and teflon of the dome.

What is cool to me is that while the ballpark won't open until 2010, a portion of it is already about 400 million years old (the limestone, which apparantly was formed that long ago)!
    So, umm, did ya take any pics of the legendary limestone?

I noticed today on the webcam that they put a tall flag pole where the pitchers mound will be. Does anyone know why they would do this? Is it to make sure that everthing gets angled toward the pitchers mound / homeplate area?

PETCO PARK sandstone...

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    I noticed today on the webcam that they put a tall flag pole where the pitchers mound will be. Does anyone know why they would do this? Is it to make sure that everthing gets angled toward the pitchers mound / homeplate area?
    Yeah I noticed that too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    For every person who comes into this thread acting like an idiot, I like the new Twins park a bit more out of sympathy. At this rate, by mid-october I'll have the design tattooed on my back.
    I like the Twins park. I think it is probably one of the most creative parks that have been built over the past ten years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcohn92 View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too.
    I just noticed in that screen grab that they are pouring concrete at the base of the building in left field.

Just heard from a poster at twinsballpark2010.com that the inside of the Twins dugout will also be coated with limestone.

I love love love the limestone of the New Twins Stadium. It is tearing me apart since I can't decide whether or not that limestone is better than the NYS limestone. It's really close...one side beauty..the other side overwhelming. Ugh.

Anyway, no NYS talk. One thing I'm really looking forward to is the evergreens in the outfield. Just a nice Minnesota touch; really can't wait.

However, I am worried about the upper deck. I think the stack luxury boxes can make it a little too high, and I just hope it doesn't suffer for the New Comiskey syndrome. Also, I'm loving the skyline view. Anytime you get a view of a city's above average skyline is a huge plus for the ballpark. Let's just hope they don't put a huge purple tent on a building in front of it.
    Last edited by Wall-E; 07-24-2008 at 09:19 PM.

i agree about the evergreens Wall E. do you guys think a small waterfall would be lame?

If it's done properly. If it's done like the Anaheim Spectacular crap, then I don't know.

See the problem with Anaheim is that adjacent to it is a big tarp. If they mix in a waterfall in the background of the evergreen setting, that might look more natural. Still, can't wait to see, definitely my favorite interior aspect of the park.

luckily there is not enough room for what they did at Anaheim.

I think this park is going to look beautiful, and will be a great place to watch a ballgame. But I'm worried about how "luxurious" this park is going to be. I mean, you have three stacks of luxury boxes, no real regular ballpark seats in between the first deck, and the much higher upper deck, and I can see this park being pricey.

I have to see how the grandstand starts rising before I can call this a top 5 park. But this is definitely one of the most beautiful designs I've seen in a while.

What is this that I circled in the LF corner? I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but from this rendering, it appears that to the left of it, a good chunk of the outfield, approx 1/3, is obstructed. If seated to the right, home plate and all of the third base line and foul area is obstructed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob R View Post
    What is this that I circled in the LF corner? I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but from this rendering, it appears that to the left of it, a good chunk of the outfield, approx 1/3, is obstructed. If seated to the right, home plate and all of the third base line and foul area is obstructed.

There might be some obstruction of some 3B foul ground, but all of the playing field between the lines should be visible.

To the left I would assume it's a similar setup to PETCO's warehouse.

Last edited by LetsGoMets687; 07-24-2008 at 10:44 PM.

That looks like a parking garage to me. I don't see any obstructions in the model.

Page 51 of 283 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast