Top Prospects

Matt Lipka :: 9 for 26 :: 7 R :: 1 2B :: 1 3B :: 1 HR :: 6 RBI :: 2 BB :: 1 SO :: 6 SB

Matt has really turned it on after a slow start in June. Lipka shows some good habits already showing good line drive power with good speed, while he doesn't walk a ton he isn't striking out either.

Edward Salcedo :: 4 for 19 :: 3 R :: 1 2B :: 2 3B :: 1 RBI :: 1 BB :: 4 SO :: 1 SB :: 1 CS

Edward has really struggled since moving to the states not only offensively but in the field as well with 11 Errors so far. I am giving him a pass though as this is his first season and his transition to the US.

New Additions

Yasser Gomez :: 2 for 6 :: 1 R :: 2 BB

Yasser is the Cuban defector that the Braves signed a month or so ago.

Gwinnett Braves Top 5

1. Scott Diamond :: 1 GS :: 7.0 IP :: 8 H :: 1 R :: 2 SO

Scott got his butt kicked in his first start in Triple-A but rebuonded nicely, Scott gets by with pretty average stuff but usually keeps the ball down limiting the damage done to him. In the longrun walks will be what makes or breaks him as he doesn't keep the ball on the ground enough to walk a lot of hitters (like Hudson or Lowe).

2. Mike Minor :: 1 GS :: 1 W :: 6.0 IP :: 5 H :: 2 ER :: 1 HR :: 1 BB :: 5 SO

Mike has been nothing short of spectatcular since moving to Triple-A, he would be a major piece to trade but he keeps making it harder and harder for Braves fans to let go of.

3. Freddie Freeman :: 9 for 28 :: 5 R :: 1 2B :: 2 HR :: 5 RBI :: 1 BB :: 6 SO :: 1 SB :: 1 CS

Freddie just keeps on hitting and everything just keeps going up, his power numbers the past two months have been great while his walk numbers have gotten better. Freddie is starting to show that he might be ready for the big leagues next year.

4. Cristhian Martinez :: 2 GS :: 1 W :: 11.2 IP :: 7 H :: 4 R :: 1 ER :: 1 BB :: 9 SO

5. Wes Timmons :: 8 for 16 :: 5 R :: 1 2B :: 1 HR :: 2 RBI :: 2 BB :: 2 SO :: 2 SB

Mississippi Braves Top 5

1. Jacob Thompson :: 1 GS :: 1 W :: 6.0 IP :: 4 H :: 1 ER :: 2 BB :: 5 SO

Good start for Jacob Thompson but there really is no reason to believe this will continue (though one can hope).

2. Tyler Pastornicky :: 6 for 21 :: 3 R :: 2 RBI :: 4 BB :: 4 SO :: 3 SB

Tyler has been impressive during his first week with the Braves still showing good plate discipline and speed.

3. Willie Cabrera :: 6 for 21 :: 3 R :: 3 2B :: 1 HR :: 5 RBI :: 2 BB :: 3 SO :: 1 SB

Willie deserves a move to Gwinnett but with AAAA guys up in Gwinnett there doesn't appear to be room. Willie really has nothing worth to prove in Double-A so quality production from him week after week isn't really a surprise.

4. Donell Linares :: 6 for 19 :: 1 R :: 2 2B :: 2 RBI :: 3 SO

5. Tim Collins :: 2 G :: 1 SV :: 2.0 IP :: 2 BB :: 2 SO

Collins makes it thanks to down weeks from pretty much everyone else. Some video of Collins was posted on Talking Chop, watching it you can see that he appears to hide the ball very well which I am sure makes it very hard on batters with his reported stuff.

Myrtle Beach Pelicans Top 5

1. Julio Teheran :: 1 GS :: 1 W :: 7.0 IP :: 3 H :: 1 ER :: 9 SO

Julio knows how to leave on a high note, Julio didn't dominate the Carolina League but he was still one of the elite pitchers in the league. Julio is now 20 Innings over his career high so it will be interesting to see how the Braves handle his innings.

2. Randall Delgado :: 1 GS :: 1 L :: 7.0 IP :: 4 H :: 1 ER :: 1 BB :: 9 SO

Julio isn't the only one who knows how to leave on a high note, Randall has likely deserved a move to Double-A for a while now and it will be fun to see him testing himself against Double-A competition.

3. Mycal Jones :: 8 for 27 :: 6 R :: 2 2B :: 1 HR :: 3 RBI :: 1 BB :: 7 SO :: 3 SB

I have said this everytime Mycal has appeared here, I want to see more walks and I will keep saying that till it happen.

4. Cory Harrilchak :: 9 for 27 :: 2 R :: 2 2B :: 3 RBI :: 2 BB :: 3 SO :: 2 SB

Cory has comeback to the Carolina League with avengence, he is showing everything that attract me to him as a prospect showing good plate discipline and gap power. I truly believe that if Cory can play an acceptable CF he is the future there for the Braves.

5. J.J. Hoover :: 1 GS :: 6.0 IP :: 5 H :: 3 R :: 2 ER :: 1 HR :: 1 BB :: 5 SO

Rome Braves Top 3

1. Philip Gosselin :: 7 for 23 :: 4 R :: 2 2B :: 1 3B :: 2 RBI :: 3 BB :: 3 SO

Gosselin showed decent plate discipline along with gap power.

2. Joe Leonard :: 6 for 22 :: 2 R :: 1 2B :: 1 3B :: 1 RBI :: 2 BB :: 5 SO

Joe has been compared with Troy Glaus and his power has been pretty close though his plate discipline still needs some work to be the next Glaus.

3. Christian Bethancourt :: 5 for 15 :: 1 2B :: 1 3B :: 1 BB :: 4 SO

Danville Braves Top 10

I would normally never do a Top 10 but this week there are a lot of people who deserve mention.

1. Aaron Northcraft :: 1 GS :: 1 W :: 2 H :: 10 SO

Northcraft has appeared to have corrected his control problems of last year as he has only walked 2 batters so far in Danville. Aaron is another guy that could quickly become a favorite with the type of numbers he is producing.

2. Willie Kempf :: 1 GS :: 8.0 IP :: 3 H :: 1 ER :: 8 SO

Kempf is old for the league coming out of Baylor so his numbers must be taken with a grain of salt, still his combination of a high-80s sinker with a slider could get him a ways as a starter though his longterm place might be the bullpen.

3. Barrett Kleinknecht :: 11 for 33 :: 6 R :: 4 2B :: 1 HR :: 6 RBI :: 2 SO :: 2 SB :: 1 CS

Kleinknecht is a very interesting prospect the more you read up on him, from the reports I have read he flashes 5 tools with some power and speed but concerns over his level of competition raised some questions. His biggest tool appears to be his defense though showing good hand, a nice arm and very good instincts. He hasn't walked yet which is something to watch but the sample size is to small right now to draw any real conclusions. He is someone to keep in the back of your mind.

4. Jakob Dalfonso :: 7 for 14 :: 7 R :: 2 2B :: 1 HR :: 3 RBI :: 2 BB :: 1 SB

Dalfonso has been a personal favorite because of his body type and his potential power (though he has never really shown great power) and so far this year he has shown some increase in his power, now he just needs to keep going.

5. Evan Gattis :: 14 for 27 :: 4 R :: 2 HR :: 11 RBI :: 1 BB :: 7 SO

Gattis is old for the league which should be taken into consideration when looking at these numbers, still I can't ignore this type of week.

6. Andrelton Simmons :: 8 for 25 :: 5 R :: 4 2B :: 4 RBI :: 2 SO

Andrelton was suppose to be a pitcher but he might have forced the Braves to give him a chance at SS, he still has a long ways to go with his bat before most will consider him a prospect to watch.

7. Bobby Rauh :: 7 for 18 :: 5 R :: 1 2B :: 1 HR :: 5 RBI :: 5 BB :: 7 SO :: 3 SB :: 1 CS

Bobby is another guy that is old for the league with this being his 2nd time around in Danville, at the very least he is showing improved plate discipline and is making contact more consistently.

8. David Rohm :: 6 for 26 :: 3 R :: 3 2B :: 1 RBI :: 1 BB :: 2 SO :: 1 SB

9. Edigson Mora :: 2 G :: 4.1 IP :: 4 H :: 1 BB :: 2 SO

10. Dalton Acord :: 1 G :: 1 L :: 2.2 IP :: 2 H :: 1 ER :: 1 BB :: 6 SO