Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 319

Thread: Gameday thread

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
    Here is what Arizona should learn from tonights game, Never Walk Melky Cabrera No Matter How Many Outs There Are. Wow, the second I saw Arizona walking Melky I was shocked, sure there is only one out and you setup a forceout at every base but Melky is likely to strikeout or popout the way he has been going this is the only thing I can think of to describe that choice. (Just to be clear I realize that choice is almost always the right one but still I can't help but laugh at the fact they walked Melky to get to Prado no matter what the situation)
    Question is: is Melky likely to make bad contact, strike out and hit shallow flies? None of those things advance the runners.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
    Here is what Arizona should learn from tonights game, Never Walk Melky Cabrera No Matter How Many Outs There Are. Wow, the second I saw Arizona walking Melky I was shocked, sure there is only one out and you setup a forceout at every base but Melky is likely to strikeout or popout the way he has been going this is the only thing I can think of to describe that choice. (Just to be clear I realize that choice is almost always the right one but still I can't help but laugh at the fact they walked Melky to get to Prado no matter what the situation)
    i was pretty surprised to. you are basically giving the braves two chances (assuming there is no DP) with their best two hitters by far versus one awful hitter and one good hitter.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,681
    Chipper = Terrible Right Now

    I haven't seen him make any good contact or any really good swing this series so far.

    Edit :: Of course next AB he lines one in the Gap.
    Last edited by PureBaseballFan; 05-15-2010 at 05:02 PM.
    Extend Prado!!!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    the braves sure like to score in bunches.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,681
    Good day offensively and Glaus really seems to be hitting his stride. Heyward might have had the worst day, it looked like he was trying to pull everything.
    Extend Prado!!!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
    Good day offensively and Glaus really seems to be hitting his stride. Heyward might have had the worst day, it looked like he was trying to pull everything.
    despite mclouth only having one hit, i think he might be starting to turn the corner as well. Still a little worried about escobar. Maybe infante can play 2 or 3 times a week by subbing for mclouth and escobar until they really get going (especially with infante pretty hot right now)

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,681
    Since the Mets helped the Braves 9 game losing streak, I think it is only right to return the favor.

    Also I think anything that makes it to the outfield the Braves should try to stretch it into extra bases because the Mets OF defense tonight is a joke.
    Extend Prado!!!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
    Since the Mets helped the Braves 9 game losing streak, I think it is only right to return the favor.

    Also I think anything that makes it to the outfield the Braves should try to stretch it into extra bases because the Mets OF defense tonight is a joke.
    where is the golden boy???

    edit: and is there a reason that cox keeps batting mccann clean-up? when glaus and hinske are tearing the covers of the ball? oh wait, it's the same reason chipper is batting third and heyward is batting second... stubborn. (i still respect cox and will enjoy his last season, but also when he's gone)
    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 05-17-2010 at 04:15 PM.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
    where is the golden boy???
    On the bench not listening to any advice from more experienced and successful coaches or players because he knows the right way to hit?
    Extend Prado!!!

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    what are the odds lowe doesn't gives up 0 or 1 more run tonight against the lineup? i am saying 25%.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    maybe hinske can be the braves LF next year?

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    why am i not surprised that with the lefty going that hinske is out! but why not ross in for mac? or infante playing in LF? sometimes i just don't get where bobby is coming from.....

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    here's how tonight will go in big game spots.. pitch around heyward to get to jones (instead of heyward and then glaus) and then if glaus is up pitch around him to get to mccann (instead of hinske).

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,681
    Kenshin better be watching closely because if he doesn't start picking it up I think most would agree KK will be going to the pen.

    Also I am so glad the Medlen is doing well as a starter, one of the reasons I thought/think trading Jair is okay, because while he won't be a star I really think he could be a good 3 or 4 in a rotation.

    Edit :: Of course I say that and he gives up a pair of HRs.
    Last edited by PureBaseballFan; 05-18-2010 at 05:27 PM.
    Extend Prado!!!

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
    Kenshin better be watching closely because if he doesn't start picking it up I think most would agree KK will be going to the pen.

    Also I am so glad the Medlen is doing well as a starter, one of the reasons I thought/think trading Jair is okay, because while he won't be a star I really think he could be a good 3 or 4 in a rotation.

    Edit :: Of course I say that and he gives up a pair of HRs.
    is their a good young SS we could get if we packaged jair and escobar and another low-level pitching prospect?

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    come on wags, get that big K right here!

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    well, that was an unexpected ending.. but after last night.. i'll take it. now we just need to find a way to beat the suddenly surging reds? at least we have hanson going for one. come on let's get to .500 braves!

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    alright KK has a good 3-0 lead, let's see what he can do with it....

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    lots of deep fly balls so far... i wonder how many of those would be homers at cincin...

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    1,812
    i think mclouth is finally stringing it together, so that gives us 6 MLB hitters in the everyday lineup (only chipper and escobar left to get going), this team could be pretty dangerous this summer. Also, KK looking good against an offense that has put up alot of runs lately.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •