X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chip&smoltz95
    chipper aka met-killer
    • Aug 2007

i am watching the game via the soxs feed on mlb.tv and man, these guys are awwful! nothing compared to scully or even the dbacks commentary (grace and ???). There is silence about half the time and the just ended the half inning saying "it's 3-0 bad guys". Really bad guys? what are you five?

edit: and one of these guys reminds me of dibble.... yelling stay fair, stay fair.. on the almost homer and then yelling "yes, yes" on the two-rbi hit.
    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 06-22-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
      chipper aka met-killer
      • Aug 2007

where is hanson's offspeed stuff?

Comment

• SamtheBravesFan
        Braves Fan For Life
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
        where is hanson's offspeed stuff?
        Obviously, it was nowhere to be found or he's struggling with it, so he's not throwing it. Whatever the case. he got shelled.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• SamtheBravesFan
          Braves Fan For Life
          • Nov 2005

i am watching the game via the soxs feed on mlb.tv and man, these guys are awwful! nothing compared to scully or even the dbacks commentary (grace and ???). There is silence about half the time and the just ended the half inning saying "it's 3-0 bad guys". Really bad guys? what are you five?

edit: and one of these guys reminds me of dibble.... yelling stay fair, stay fair.. on the almost homer and then yelling "yes, yes" on the two-rbi hit.
          Sounds like Hawk Harrelson. I bet you got a full round of "You can put it on the booooooooooard, YES!" on Quentin's homer.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
            chipper aka met-killer
            • Aug 2007

man, the braves have to be leading the league in rain delays/ppd.... maybe even the last two seasons.

Comment

• PureBaseballFan
              I Believe Do You?
              • Jan 2005

HE GONE!!

My tribute to the White Sox play-by-play guys.

Edit :: At least we got Hudson and Buerhrle because at this pace we should be done before Midnight.
              Last edited by PureBaseballFan; 06-23-2010, 07:37 PM.
              Extend Prado!!!

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
                chipper aka met-killer
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
                HE GONE!!

My tribute to the White Sox play-by-play guys.
                those guys have given me a new found hatred for the white soxs... that and the fireworks after every HR.. compensate much?

edit: heyward has been doing a lot more "frenchy swinging" lately. lots of balls in the dirt and low.... hope he gets on another hot streak soon.
                Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
                  chipper aka met-killer
                  • Aug 2007

the more and more i watch prado make great plays at 2B, is there any chance he could win a gold glove?

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
                    chipper aka met-killer
                    • Aug 2007

i hope this good start today by KK doesn't get ol' stubborn and faithful cox to keep KK in the rotation. i am a huge KK supporter.. but the odds from the start of the braves winning a game are just so much better for everyone except KK.

and as i type that KK had missed a bunt chance that would have scored blanco and then a fielded bunt error by KK could lead to some runs.

edit: passed ball.. it's like he's cursed or something...
                    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 06-26-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
                      chipper aka met-killer
                      • Aug 2007

explain to me why you are "resting" wags.. when he has pitched once since sunday? is it better to tire 3 pen arms trying to get a save or just to use wagner on back to back days.. which he has done before?

edit: cox's "good move" almost made him look like an idiot... huge bailout by the umpire. (i wonder why wags was unavailable?)
                      Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 06-26-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• PureBaseballFan
                        I Believe Do You?
                        • Jan 2005

explain to me why you are "resting" wags.. when he has pitched once since sunday? is it better to tire 3 pen arms trying to get a save or just to use wagner on back to back days.. which he has done before?
                        Well we got lucky and thank god because it seems that this team is just trying to invent ways to screw over Kawakami's starts.

Could be Wags told Bobby his arm wasn't feeling great or it could be he was sick with the flu or stomach virus, I think if he was fine he would have been in the game.

It feels strange for such a bad call to go the Braves way because it almost always seems like those kinds of calls go against the Braves more often then for them.
                        Extend Prado!!!

Comment

• PureBaseballFan
                          I Believe Do You?
                          • Jan 2005

Doesn't look like the Braves will win this one but taking a series after a sweep was good to see.
                          Extend Prado!!!

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
                            chipper aka met-killer
                            • Aug 2007

Doesn't look like the Braves will win this one but taking a series after a sweep was good to see.
                            yea.. after two bad outings would there be any benefit in keeping both KK and medlen (especially the way their last starts went) and maybe skipping hanson's next start. Then he would have one more i believe before the all-star break. Kind of a mental break.. i don't think fatigue or anything is a problem.

you could pitch JJ on monday at AAA (assuming they are home). Then hudson, lowe, medlen, off day, KK (friday), JJ (saturday), then start the rotation over. Hanson would start july 7 with 9 days off between starts. Then the all-star break for another rest. Then maybe use KK again to give medlen a long rest (skip his start right before the all-star break), since he was a converted starter mid-season.

Comment

• PureBaseballFan
                              I Believe Do You?
                              • Jan 2005

yea.. after two bad outings would there be any benefit in keeping both KK and medlen (especially the way their last starts went) and maybe skipping hanson's next start. Then he would have one more i believe before the all-star break. Kind of a mental break.. i don't think fatigue or anything is a problem.

you could pitch JJ on monday at AAA (assuming they are home). Then hudson, lowe, medlen, off day, KK (friday), JJ (saturday), then start the rotation over. Hanson would start july 7 with 9 days off between starts. Then the all-star break for another rest. Then maybe use KK again to give medlen a long rest (skip his start right before the all-star break), since he was a converted starter mid-season.
                              I wouldn't do that, Hanson got dinked and dunked today for the most part. He didn't give up an XBH today and a few hits were seeing eye singles.
                              Extend Prado!!!

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
                                chipper aka met-killer
                                • Aug 2007

I wouldn't do that, Hanson got dinked and dunked today for the most part. He didn't give up an XBH today and a few hits were seeing eye singles.
                                true; i was just thinking about the extra long rest he got during the all-star break last year.... it also seemed to add a couple extra mph on his fastball.. don't remember him hitting 95 or 96 in his last two starts, as he has done before.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X