Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday thread

can some explain to me why they don't let KK throw anywhere close to 100 pitches? bc of his blister?

Quote Originally Posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
    can some explain to me why they don't let KK throw anywhere close to 100 pitches? bc of his blister?
    Might be that or they could just want him to build some confidence and not lose the game by letting him go one inning to many.
    Extend Prado!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
    Might be that or they could just want him to build some confidence and not lose the game by letting him go one inning to many.
    Kawakami had a blister on his right heel and strained his back after 2nd inning. That's why he came out after 79 pitches in six innings. Found the reason. Heck of an effort with that.

holy crap!!! i think the world might end today... what are the odds on a comeback like that? one where you don't have chipper batting there? (conrad showing some power lately) and one where heyward does NOT come through in the clutch? here's to a sweep of pittsburgh..

Pure and simple they were given a gift but I am sure they won't give it back.
    Extend Prado!!!

Pure and simple they were given a gift but I am sure they won't give it back.
    have you noticed anything off with hanson's delievery? that's two starts in a row where he's gotten hit pretty hard right?

have you noticed anything off with hanson's delievery? that's two starts in a row where he's gotten hit pretty hard right?
    Not really just seemed like two games where he failed to locate his pitches. I think he will be fine, just two bad starts.
    Extend Prado!!!

From the clips I saw, his delivery looks the same.

so do you dare PH infante for chipper?

edit: nope, instead he leaves 9 runners on base... is that enough base runners for you, chipper?
    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 05-25-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Chipper is the goat of this game, he looks terrible at the plate. Slow bat which leads to nice easy grounders to the left side.
    Extend Prado!!!

Chipper is the goat of this game, he looks terrible at the plate. Slow bat which leads to nice easy grounders to the left side.
    He has absolutely no business batting third. He's expressed willingness to drop in the order but Cox is still operating under the delusion that it's 2002.

You were skeptical of the signing and it's starting to look like you were far more on the money than those of us who applauded it.
    "It's like watching a Western. It's slow, so you can watch the chess moves. Nothing seems to happen, but when it goes down, it goes down big." - Howard Bryant

3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Quote Originally Posted by Los Bravos View Post
    He has absolutely no business batting third. He's expressed willingness to drop in the order but Cox is still operating under the delusion that it's 2002.

You were skeptical of the signing and it's starting to look like you were far more on the money than those of us who applauded it.
    yea, if this continues much longer i think even cox will have to consider flipping heyward and chipper AND ALSO mccann and glaus. i mean our number 3 hitter has 2 HRS, conrad has twice that and infante might even have that many (i know he has 1)

i wonder if prado will get a day off soon.. the only one that has played everyday right? 3-19 (all hits on game 1 of this series). maybe he will get a rest against the pirates.. we are gonna need him against the phils.

what goes through our pitchers heads once they get a lead? cause it sure doesn't seem to be "let's go out and make this stick".. KK, hanson and possibly hudson three nights in a row, giving up leads the braves got in the previous half inning

edit: didn't realize it was pouring... i am gonna be made if we don't get an offical game out of this.. of course I guess this delay gives the marlins an edge.. cause chavez or martinez is gonna have to pitch a couple innings.
    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 05-27-2010 at 05:55 PM.

edit: didn't realize it was pouring... i am gonna be made if we don't get an offical game out of this.. of course I guess this delay gives the marlins an edge.. cause chavez or martinez is gonna have to pitch a couple innings.
    Huh? Chavez isn't going to pitch; he has pitched two days in a row and pitched in parts of two innings yesterday. Jonny Venters will undoubtedly go if Hudson can't.

Also, you seem to forget that the Marlins have a shaky middle relief corps and Gonzalez has to make a decision with Nolasco.

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Huh? Chavez isn't going to pitch; he has pitched two days in a row and pitched in parts of two innings yesterday. Jonny Venters will undoubtedly go if Hudson can't.

Also, you seem to forget that the Marlins have a shaky middle relief corps and Gonzalez has to make a decision with Nolasco.
    i am starting to wonder with medlen starting for a while, how there aren't "innings for kimbrel" or was that just a cover because of the walks.....
    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 05-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.

i am starting to wonder with medlen starting for a while, how there aren't "innings for kimbrel" or was that just a cover because of the walks.....
    Perhaps but I am also sure they were worried about his control and thought the best way to help develop that is repetition in the minors, while he could have gotten a few innings in blowout games he wasn't likely to be used in close games which could really hurt his development by sitting for days. Him being in the minors just gives them a chance to get consistent work and with the likely promotion of Chris Resop innings might have been even harder to come by.

Edit :: Some good news from this series is the Yunel and Melky might finally be starting to hit and if both of those guys could start getting it going it could really help this club should anyone start struggling.
    Last edited by PureBaseballFan; 05-27-2010 at 08:28 PM.
    Extend Prado!!!

I expected Kimbrel to be wild, and he was. He was sent back down just to work on that: Cox knew (or stumbled upon the fact, depending on who you ask) that Kimbrel wasn't working buried in the back of the pen. So he was sent back down to Class AAA and Cristhian Martinez was called up to be filler.

i get all that... my point (probably not obvious) was that with all the innings that chavez has been getting that some of those could have gone to kimbrel (only if it was more about him not getting innings than the walks). If it was just the walks than its a moot point. Also, PBF i agree about yunel and melky. I was comparing career avg vs. where some of the braves are hitting right now (yunel, nate, mccann, chipper) and if they all compare close to their norms than this offense could get even better this summer! Note: yes I know chipper isn't gonna probably hit .300 and for nate i was only comparing to his atl career numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Bravos View Post
    Yea, this is almost as bad as his decision to keep Smoltz on the roster in 1991 after his terrible start or to keep Chipper in the three spot after his horrible slump from May 10 to June 30 in 1998.
    That .750 winning percentage with Heyward second and Chipper third is just not good enough. Poor Bobby can't even silence his critics by winning anymore.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast