Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday thread

maybe hinske can be the braves LF next year?

why am i not surprised that with the lefty going that hinske is out! but why not ross in for mac? or infante playing in LF? sometimes i just don't get where bobby is coming from.....

here's how tonight will go in big game spots.. pitch around heyward to get to jones (instead of heyward and then glaus) and then if glaus is up pitch around him to get to mccann (instead of hinske).

Kenshin better be watching closely because if he doesn't start picking it up I think most would agree KK will be going to the pen.

Also I am so glad the Medlen is doing well as a starter, one of the reasons I thought/think trading Jair is okay, because while he won't be a star I really think he could be a good 3 or 4 in a rotation.

Edit :: Of course I say that and he gives up a pair of HRs.
    Last edited by PureBaseballFan; 05-18-2010 at 05:27 PM.
    Extend Prado!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
    Kenshin better be watching closely because if he doesn't start picking it up I think most would agree KK will be going to the pen.

Also I am so glad the Medlen is doing well as a starter, one of the reasons I thought/think trading Jair is okay, because while he won't be a star I really think he could be a good 3 or 4 in a rotation.

Edit :: Of course I say that and he gives up a pair of HRs.
    is their a good young SS we could get if we packaged jair and escobar and another low-level pitching prospect?

come on wags, get that big K right here!

well, that was an unexpected ending.. but after last night.. i'll take it. now we just need to find a way to beat the suddenly surging reds? at least we have hanson going for one. come on let's get to .500 braves!

alright KK has a good 3-0 lead, let's see what he can do with it....

lots of deep fly balls so far... i wonder how many of those would be homers at cincin...

i think mclouth is finally stringing it together, so that gives us 6 MLB hitters in the everyday lineup (only chipper and escobar left to get going), this team could be pretty dangerous this summer. Also, KK looking good against an offense that has put up alot of runs lately.

can some explain to me why they don't let KK throw anywhere close to 100 pitches? bc of his blister?

Quote Originally Posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
    can some explain to me why they don't let KK throw anywhere close to 100 pitches? bc of his blister?
    Might be that or they could just want him to build some confidence and not lose the game by letting him go one inning to many.
    Extend Prado!!!

Might be that or they could just want him to build some confidence and not lose the game by letting him go one inning to many.
    Kawakami had a blister on his right heel and strained his back after 2nd inning. That's why he came out after 79 pitches in six innings. Found the reason. Heck of an effort with that.

holy crap!!! i think the world might end today... what are the odds on a comeback like that? one where you don't have chipper batting there? (conrad showing some power lately) and one where heyward does NOT come through in the clutch? here's to a sweep of pittsburgh..

Pure and simple they were given a gift but I am sure they won't give it back.
    Extend Prado!!!

Pure and simple they were given a gift but I am sure they won't give it back.
    have you noticed anything off with hanson's delievery? that's two starts in a row where he's gotten hit pretty hard right?

have you noticed anything off with hanson's delievery? that's two starts in a row where he's gotten hit pretty hard right?
    Not really just seemed like two games where he failed to locate his pitches. I think he will be fine, just two bad starts.
    Extend Prado!!!

From the clips I saw, his delivery looks the same.

so do you dare PH infante for chipper?

edit: nope, instead he leaves 9 runners on base... is that enough base runners for you, chipper?
    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 05-25-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Chipper is the goat of this game, he looks terrible at the plate. Slow bat which leads to nice easy grounders to the left side.
    Extend Prado!!!

Chipper is the goat of this game, he looks terrible at the plate. Slow bat which leads to nice easy grounders to the left side.
    He has absolutely no business batting third. He's expressed willingness to drop in the order but Cox is still operating under the delusion that it's 2002.

You were skeptical of the signing and it's starting to look like you were far more on the money than those of us who applauded it.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Im honored to go into the Baseball Hall of Fame with such a great group of men. - Tom Glavine.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Bravos View Post
    He has absolutely no business batting third. He's expressed willingness to drop in the order but Cox is still operating under the delusion that it's 2002.

You were skeptical of the signing and it's starting to look like you were far more on the money than those of us who applauded it.
    yea, if this continues much longer i think even cox will have to consider flipping heyward and chipper AND ALSO mccann and glaus. i mean our number 3 hitter has 2 HRS, conrad has twice that and infante might even have that many (i know he has 1)

i wonder if prado will get a day off soon.. the only one that has played everyday right? 3-19 (all hits on game 1 of this series). maybe he will get a rest against the pirates.. we are gonna need him against the phils.

what goes through our pitchers heads once they get a lead? cause it sure doesn't seem to be "let's go out and make this stick".. KK, hanson and possibly hudson three nights in a row, giving up leads the braves got in the previous half inning

edit: didn't realize it was pouring... i am gonna be made if we don't get an offical game out of this.. of course I guess this delay gives the marlins an edge.. cause chavez or martinez is gonna have to pitch a couple innings.
    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 05-27-2010 at 05:55 PM.

edit: didn't realize it was pouring... i am gonna be made if we don't get an offical game out of this.. of course I guess this delay gives the marlins an edge.. cause chavez or martinez is gonna have to pitch a couple innings.
    Huh? Chavez isn't going to pitch; he has pitched two days in a row and pitched in parts of two innings yesterday. Jonny Venters will undoubtedly go if Hudson can't.

Also, you seem to forget that the Marlins have a shaky middle relief corps and Gonzalez has to make a decision with Nolasco.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast