Thread: Power arms

Blog Entries

Power arms

Is there any excitement about the three power arms coming to Atlanta currently in the minors, Teheran, Delgao and Vizcaino?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Is there any excitement about the three power arms coming to Atlanta currently in the minors, Teheran, Delgao and Vizcaino?
    Inside the Braves informed fanbase I know there is a ton of excitement for those three not to mention other arms like Mike Minor, J.J. Hoover and Robinson Lopez. Teheran is the leader of that group with some saying he might have the highest upside in the minors of any pitcher not named Strasburg.

If you mean outside the Braves fanbase there is just as much excitement, some have said Teheran could easily be a top 20 or top 10 prospect by the end of the year while Delgado and Vizcaino should both be Top 50 prospects or just outside that (could be and maybe should be higher but I am trying not to let my bias influence such a statement).

Personally I am excited about all of them and am excited for the potential future of this Braves rotation.
    Extend Prado!!!

Blog Entries
    When is Dimaster Delgado coming back? Didn't he break his leg in Panama?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    When is Dimaster Delgado coming back? Didn't he break his leg in Panama?
    He was in a car accident during the offseason and from the last report I read about him he won't be pitching this year.

Also Edward Salcedo is playing in the DSL right now and once he gets his visa worked out he should be moved to one of the A-Ball teams.
    Extend Prado!!!

Blog Entries
    Teheran and Delgado were promoted to Double-A.

Blog Entries
    Teheran is dominating at Double-A.

Don't forget Carlos Perez
    Chop! Chop! Chop!

Blog Entries
    Regarding catchers, Frank Wren said Christian Bethancourt had the best arm on a young catcher since Pudge that he has seen.