• Jan 2004

The run on relievers is official. I'll go with John

Fine
    Reliever,
    And
    Never
    Ceases.
    Old!
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

• RuthMayBond
      Out in LF (Bartman of BBF
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
      I'll take Robin Yount. Now we wait to see if my next choice makes it.
      You would have had a better chance if you didn't give Wade the chance to pick now.
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

• Wade8813
        The Dark Knight = Amazing
        • Jul 2006

Well, since Tyrus has been skipped, I'll take Hank Greenberg.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Chadwick
          Chasing Cooperstown
          • Sep 2002

Gaylord Perry
          Last edited by Chadwick; 06-10-2010, 09:56 AM.
          "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
          "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
          "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
          "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

• Tyrus4189Cobb
            Gator wrastler
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
            Well, since Tyrus has been skipped, I'll take Hank Greenberg.
            Interesting choice, considering Greenberg actually took part in the war this draft was designed to start after.

I'll take Juan Marichal
            "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

• Wade8813
              • Jul 2006

That's what I get for hastily going through my list of players to remove guys who didn't qualify. I sat here trying to decide between Greenberg and Mize, and neither qualifies... :facepalm:

Well, I need to shore up my defense, so I'll take Jim Edmonds.

Comment

• BigRon
                • Jan 2009

Okay, Round 9 pick. I'll take

Barry Larkin, the best (in my opinion) NL SS in the past 30+ years.

Round 10- should I get on the reliever bandwagon? Okay, I'll take

Rich (Goose) Gossage.

In his one season in Pittsburgh he was, without doubt, the best reliever I ever saw. He pitched often, he pitched multiple innings, and he was untouchable.

Comment

• Chadwick
                  Chasing Cooperstown
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BigRon View Post
                  Barry Larkin, the best (in my opinion) NL SS in the past 70+ years.
                  Fixed.

My next pick is Phil Niekro. Wade's turn.
                  "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                  "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

• BigRon
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Brad Harris View Post
                    Fixed.

My next pick is Phil Niekro. Wade's turn.
                    You may be right. I see him and Reese as very close, as I give Reese good credit for 3 prime years lost to WW2. But, Barry was excellent and I'm happy to have him.

BTW, I was just funnin' ya about your picks. Your strategy makes sense.

Comment

• Chadwick
                      Chasing Cooperstown
                      • Sep 2002

I have Reese close as well, but when I have a Player and a Player + Extra Credit roughly equal, then I have to give the nod to the guy who did it over the guy who I suspect might have done it. My two cents there.

Comment

• RuthMayBond
                        • Jan 2004

Not sure what happened to Wade, but his time is up. Tyrus pm-ed me and wants Pete Rose. And I gave Pete to him anyway

Comment

• RuthMayBond
                          • Jan 2004

I need Eddie

Moody,
                          Underrated
                          Regular
                          Rakes
                          Awesome
                          Yearly

Comment

• Wade8813
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                            Not sure what happened to Wade, but his time is up. Tyrus pm-ed me and wants Pete Rose. And I gave Pete to him anyway
                            Sorry, I had an Army mandated dentist appointment - it takes about an hour and a half to get there by bus, the appointment took a really long time, and on the way back, I missed a couple connections by a few minutes, so I had to wait an hour twice.

I'll take John Smoltz.

Comment

• Chadwick
                              Chasing Cooperstown
                              • Sep 2002

Johan Santana. (I needed a southpaw)
                              Last edited by Chadwick; 06-11-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• BigRon
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Brad Harris View Post
                                Johan Santana. (I needed a southpaw)
                                Hey Brad- do I have it wrong or did you pick out of turn? By what I can tell, it's the end of Round 10. RMB picked Eddie Murray, then Wade made up his pick with Smoltz. TSS comes after RMB in Round 10, then has the first pick in Round 11. Looks like TSS' turn for 2 picks now.

Anyhow, I think your pick of Santana is out of turn. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X