Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Macombs Dam Park [II] / Heritage Park (former Yankee Stadium [I] site)

Quote Originally Posted by WEB View Post
    Looking at this 30 page thread (10 of them you doing your Randy Levine impersonation) seems you are the one bothered and suffering.

Funny how back on page one you complained how long it was taking for the Macombs Dam Park to open, praising Mr Dunaier's outstanding photos, to lecturing him and everyone on how we should be lucky to have anything, to even slamming anyone who blamed the mallpark on losing playoff series.

Then it got very ugly for you.

Relax. The bill for the mallpark is coming due, the payroll is coming down, the luxury tax going up. Bloomberg will be leaving and everyone connected with this white elephant will be headed for the lifeboats.

Macombs Dam Park will win out, the neighborhood will win out.

Isn't there an everything mallpark is golden thread for you to praise everything?
    NYS is here to stay. Macombs Dam Park is still here, not as it was, and thank goodness for that.
    It still comes down to some peoples hatred of anything the Yankees do since the loss of the old ballpark, and before?, I would imagine.
    Stop being so argumentative, come back to reality and realize that most of the things you want, are not going to happen.
    The Bronx has Yankee Stadium, the Botanical Gardens and the Bronx Zoo, people don't come here to see much else. The Zoo gets new animals and different new enclosures, the Gardens get new plants and keeps the old trees and flowers for years and years. Old stadiums can't last forever, and renovations change them into something other than what you may remember.
    Thanks for the new Yankee Stadium and the redone Macombs Dam Park.
    Accept or reject them, but both the Park and Stadium are here to stay...for awhile anyway.
    Last edited by YankeeFanBx; 03-09-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanBx View Post
    NYS is here to stay. Macombs Dam Park is still here, not as it was, and thank goodness for that.
    It still comes down to some peoples hatred of anything the Yankees do since the loss of the old ballpark, and before?, I would imagine.
    Stop being so argumentative, come back to reality and realize that most of the things you want, are not going to happen.
    The Bronx has Yankee Stadium, the Botanical Gardens and the Bronx Zoo, people don't come here to see much else. The Zoo gets new animals and different new enclosures, the Gardens get new plants and keeps the old trees and flowers for years and years. Old stadiums can't last forever, and renovations change them into something other than what you may remember.
    Accept or reject them, but both the Park and Stadium are here to stay...for awhile anyway.
    Well said.

Looking at this 30 page thread (10 of them you doing your Randy Levine impersonation) seems you are the one bothered and suffering.

Funny how back on page one you complained how long it was taking for the Macombs Dam Park to open, praising Mr Dunaier's outstanding photos, to lecturing him and everyone on how we should be lucky to have anything, to even slamming anyone who blamed the mallpark on losing playoff series.

Then it got very ugly for you.

Relax. The bill for the mallpark is coming due, the payroll is coming down, the luxury tax going up. Bloomberg will be leaving and everyone connected with this white elephant will be headed for the lifeboats.

Macombs Dam Park will win out, the neighborhood will win out.

Isn't there an everything mallpark is golden thread for you to praise everything?
    In the words of another frequent poster in this thread:
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Quote Originally Posted by ncyankeefan View Post
    Well said.

Ditto..
    Very well said, and oh so true.
    "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

This is the Macombs Dam Park thread, not the praise the mallpark thread because you are a Yankee fan defending all things laundry, that's a reality that cannot be argued.

I have never seen anyone advertise the South Bronx as a tourist attraction.

Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Dodgers Stadium have not been changed to a degree they are not what people remember.

Reality is Macombs Dam Park is the tradition on all of that land and will be recognized, the delays by years caused my poor Yankee management with taxpayer money and the calls for the Yankees to start paying to maintain the parkland have begun and are not going away.

Macombs Dam Park has been around since 1899, it will last forever.
    Last edited by WEB; 03-09-2012 at 07:56 PM.

This is the Macombs Dam Park thread
    Uh, no, it's the Heritage Field thread.

Macombs Dam Park is where NYS now stands. Heritage Field was created to replace it. They are not the same location.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

In the words of another frequent poster in this thread:

X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Alrighty then. (I didn't know they re-used the name from the old park.)
    Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 03-10-2012 at 03:13 AM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

No problem.

I contacted Richard Brodsky and asked that Babe Ruth Plaza name be taken down and replaced by Macombs Dam Park signage on the plaza and in the mallpark seat proceeds go from the yankee coffers directly to the city for permanent preservation of Macombs and John Mullaly Parks as historical landmarks.

I would suggest everyone send Mr Brodsky a quick twitter note. That unused parking garage would make a great new public park and finally replace the lost parkland, I think the Yankees should pay to make that happen for the community as well and forfeit all future rights to that land as part of paying back their taxpayer bonds.

https://twitter.com/#!/RichardBrodsky

You can bet Richard Brodsky will love to publicly demand the Yankees pay back the community when the new Macombs Dam Park fields open.
    http://youtu.be/2w-Uys2gXlQ
    Last edited by WEB; 03-10-2012 at 11:20 AM.

I contacted Richard Brodsky and asked that Babe Ruth Plaza name be taken down and replaced by Macombs Dam Park signage on the plaza and in the mallpark seat proceeds go from the yankee coffers directly to the city for permanent preservation of Macombs and John Mullaly Parks as historical landmarks.
    Yeah, good luck with that..

I would suggest everyone send Mr Brodsky a quick twitter note. That unused parking garage would make a great new public park and finally replace the lost parkland, I think the Yankees should pay to make that happen for the community as well and forfeit all future rights to that land as part of paying back their taxpayer bonds.
    https://twitter.com/#!/RichardBrodsky
    Let me guess.. You're either a Mets fan, or a Red Sox fan?

You can bet Richard Brodsky will love to publicly demand the Yankees pay back the community when the new Macombs Dam Park fields open.
    [url]http://youtu.be/2w-Uys2gXlQ[/
    Lol...
    Not everybody has an extreme hatred towards the New York Yankees..
    Like two other frequent poster(s) in this thread:
    "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

image.jpg

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...tadium-project
    City's field of schemes in Bronx?

A recently discovered photograph of a baseball diamond just west of the old Yankee Stadium has reignited questions about whether the city is actually replacing all of the recreational parkland taken.....

Locals and activists say the asphalt field remained in off-season use and should be counted as park space lost to the project.
    "There's no other way to say it but that they lied about it," said Geoff Croft of NYC Park Advocates, who said he played ball at the site as a child. "They have ignored these facilities."
    Last edited by WEB; 03-11-2012 at 04:59 AM.

image.jpg

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...tadium-project
    City's field of schemes in Bronx?

A recently discovered photograph of a baseball diamond just west of the old Yankee Stadium has reignited questions about whether the city is actually replacing all of the recreational parkland taken.....

Locals and activists say the asphalt field remained in off-season use and should be counted as park space lost to the project.
    "There's no other way to say it but that they lied about it," said Geoff Croft of NYC Park Advocates, who said he played ball at the site as a child. "They have ignored these facilities."

Yes, millions of Yankees fans all over New York are asking this very question! lol...

Aaaaaaaaaah, look at the beauty of "OLD" YS from afar in this picture..
    Makes me despise the renovations from the 1970's even more!!

You know what I find most interesting, is that most of these people demanding about the parks would be the same people blasting the Yankees if they had moved to Jersey or the West Side. The loss of parkland is sad and unfortunate and a travesty that it's taking so long, but they're getting a real nice park that hopefully will be maintained. It's bigger than the local park in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, which is relatively close in size to that area. Demanding that the Yankees give all the ticket proceeds to the parks is ridiculous and renaming Babe Ruth Plaza to Macombs Dam Park is just as ludicrous. I don't blame the Yankees, they asked and it was given. This situation is shoddy politics and corruption within the city as well as Bloomberg's penchant for money first, people second way of running this city. The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.
    The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
    The loss of parkland is sad and unfortunate and a travesty that it's taking so long, but they're getting a real nice park that hopefully will be maintained. It's bigger than the local park in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, which is relatively close in size to that area.
    The land returned to the community is smaller vs what was there or promised, it's taken over six years and is a permit field looking like a members-only club.

Demanding that the Yankees give all the ticket proceeds to the parks is ridiculous and renaming Babe Ruth Plaza to Macombs Dam Park is just as ludicrous. I don't blame the Yankees, they asked and it was given.
    They threatened for decades and it was taken.

Who wrote all the ticket proceeds? A portion of the seat proceeds earmarked for preservation. Macombs Dam Park is the century old tradition on the land the mallpark sits on and deserves the same recognition just like the baseball markers all over the new Macombs Dam Park.

The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.
    That's not correct considering all the jobs have been taken from the neighborhood and placed inside the mallpark.

The new Yankee stadium got up to $850 million in taxpayer investments but will create just 15 permanent jobs, a scathing new report charges.

It slams the city Industrial Development Agency, saying it “may have violated existing law in its creation of massive amounts of public debt and its failure to assure public benefits from the massive taxpayer investment.”

http://sportsbybrooks.com/new-yankee...new-jobs-19945

http://yonkerstribune.typepad.com/yo...nent-jobs.html
    New Jobs Created As A Result Of The New, Taxpayer Financed Yankee Stadium
    FULL TIME EMPLOYEES

The Yankees now assert that there will be a total of 22 new permanent full time jobs created as a result of the new Yankee Stadium project.This is an increase of their original statement that 15 new permanent full time jobs would be created. The Yankees now assert that there will be no increase in non-permanent full time jobs. These are the players, coaches and scouts. The total amount of full time jobs at the Stadium is now estimated to be 174.
    Last edited by WEB; 03-11-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    Yes, millions of Yankees fans all over New York are asking this very question! lol...
    The citizenry of New York does not consist of Yankees fans, or even baseball fans, I might point out. And Bloomberg's administration has two years to run. After that, expect change in the city's relationship to the Tampa corporation with the big tax breaks on city land in the Bronx.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

You know what I find most interesting, is that most of these people demanding about the parks would be the same people blasting the Yankees if they had moved to Jersey or the West Side. The loss of parkland is sad and unfortunate and a travesty that it's taking so long, but they're getting a real nice park that hopefully will be maintained. It's bigger than the local park in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, which is relatively close in size to that area. Demanding that the Yankees give all the ticket proceeds to the parks is ridiculous and renaming Babe Ruth Plaza to Macombs Dam Park is just as ludicrous. I don't blame the Yankees, they asked and it was given. This situation is shoddy politics and corruption within the city as well as Bloomberg's penchant for money first, people second way of running this city. The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.

What you're
    saying makes good common sense, unlike some of the things I've read in this thread. Having it dissected by our astute contributor WEB, seems to make what you're saying have even MORE good sense. I thank you for your very sensible input on these pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Alrighty then. (I didn't know they re-used the name from the old park.)
    Very simple: Because NOTHING HAPPENED on the current site of "Macombs Dam Park"! All Yankee History took place at the Mall across 161st Street.

lmao...
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Yankeefan90;1988637]You know what I find most interesting, is that most of these people demanding about the parks would be the same people blasting the Yankees if they had moved to Jersey or the West Side. The loss of parkland is sad and unfortunate and a travesty that it's taking so long, but they're getting a real nice park that hopefully will be maintained. It's bigger than the local park in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, which is relatively close in size to that area. Demanding that the Yankees give all the ticket proceeds to the parks is ridiculous and renaming Babe Ruth Plaza to Macombs Dam Park is just as ludicrous. I don't blame the Yankees, they asked and it was given. This situation is shoddy politics and corruption within the city as well as Bloomberg's penchant for money first, people second way of running this city. The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.[/QUOTE]

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast