Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Macombs Dam Park [II] / Heritage Park (former Yankee Stadium [I] site)

Quote Originally Posted by WEB View Post
    I contacted Richard Brodsky and asked that Babe Ruth Plaza name be taken down and replaced by Macombs Dam Park signage on the plaza and in the mallpark seat proceeds go from the yankee coffers directly to the city for permanent preservation of Macombs and John Mullaly Parks as historical landmarks.
    Yeah, good luck with that..

I would suggest everyone send Mr Brodsky a quick twitter note. That unused parking garage would make a great new public park and finally replace the lost parkland, I think the Yankees should pay to make that happen for the community as well and forfeit all future rights to that land as part of paying back their taxpayer bonds.
    https://twitter.com/#!/RichardBrodsky
    Let me guess.. You're either a Mets fan, or a Red Sox fan?

You can bet Richard Brodsky will love to publicly demand the Yankees pay back the community when the new Macombs Dam Park fields open.
    [url]http://youtu.be/2w-Uys2gXlQ[/
    Lol...
    Not everybody has an extreme hatred towards the New York Yankees..
    Like two other frequent poster(s) in this thread:
    "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

image.jpg

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...tadium-project
    City's field of schemes in Bronx?

A recently discovered photograph of a baseball diamond just west of the old Yankee Stadium has reignited questions about whether the city is actually replacing all of the recreational parkland taken.....

Locals and activists say the asphalt field remained in off-season use and should be counted as park space lost to the project.
    "There's no other way to say it but that they lied about it," said Geoff Croft of NYC Park Advocates, who said he played ball at the site as a child. "They have ignored these facilities."
    Last edited by WEB; 03-11-2012 at 04:59 AM.

image.jpg

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...tadium-project
    City's field of schemes in Bronx?

A recently discovered photograph of a baseball diamond just west of the old Yankee Stadium has reignited questions about whether the city is actually replacing all of the recreational parkland taken.....

Locals and activists say the asphalt field remained in off-season use and should be counted as park space lost to the project.
    "There's no other way to say it but that they lied about it," said Geoff Croft of NYC Park Advocates, who said he played ball at the site as a child. "They have ignored these facilities."

Yes, millions of Yankees fans all over New York are asking this very question! lol...

Aaaaaaaaaah, look at the beauty of "OLD" YS from afar in this picture..
    Makes me despise the renovations from the 1970's even more!!
    "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

You know what I find most interesting, is that most of these people demanding about the parks would be the same people blasting the Yankees if they had moved to Jersey or the West Side. The loss of parkland is sad and unfortunate and a travesty that it's taking so long, but they're getting a real nice park that hopefully will be maintained. It's bigger than the local park in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, which is relatively close in size to that area. Demanding that the Yankees give all the ticket proceeds to the parks is ridiculous and renaming Babe Ruth Plaza to Macombs Dam Park is just as ludicrous. I don't blame the Yankees, they asked and it was given. This situation is shoddy politics and corruption within the city as well as Bloomberg's penchant for money first, people second way of running this city. The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.
    The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
    The loss of parkland is sad and unfortunate and a travesty that it's taking so long, but they're getting a real nice park that hopefully will be maintained. It's bigger than the local park in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, which is relatively close in size to that area.
    The land returned to the community is smaller vs what was there or promised, it's taken over six years and is a permit field looking like a members-only club.

Demanding that the Yankees give all the ticket proceeds to the parks is ridiculous and renaming Babe Ruth Plaza to Macombs Dam Park is just as ludicrous. I don't blame the Yankees, they asked and it was given.
    They threatened for decades and it was taken.

Who wrote all the ticket proceeds? A portion of the seat proceeds earmarked for preservation. Macombs Dam Park is the century old tradition on the land the mallpark sits on and deserves the same recognition just like the baseball markers all over the new Macombs Dam Park.

The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.
    That's not correct considering all the jobs have been taken from the neighborhood and placed inside the mallpark.

The new Yankee stadium got up to $850 million in taxpayer investments but will create just 15 permanent jobs, a scathing new report charges.

It slams the city Industrial Development Agency, saying it “may have violated existing law in its creation of massive amounts of public debt and its failure to assure public benefits from the massive taxpayer investment.”

http://sportsbybrooks.com/new-yankee...new-jobs-19945

http://yonkerstribune.typepad.com/yo...nent-jobs.html
    New Jobs Created As A Result Of The New, Taxpayer Financed Yankee Stadium
    FULL TIME EMPLOYEES

The Yankees now assert that there will be a total of 22 new permanent full time jobs created as a result of the new Yankee Stadium project.This is an increase of their original statement that 15 new permanent full time jobs would be created. The Yankees now assert that there will be no increase in non-permanent full time jobs. These are the players, coaches and scouts. The total amount of full time jobs at the Stadium is now estimated to be 174.
    Last edited by WEB; 03-11-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    Yes, millions of Yankees fans all over New York are asking this very question! lol...
    The citizenry of New York does not consist of Yankees fans, or even baseball fans, I might point out. And Bloomberg's administration has two years to run. After that, expect change in the city's relationship to the Tampa corporation with the big tax breaks on city land in the Bronx.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

You know what I find most interesting, is that most of these people demanding about the parks would be the same people blasting the Yankees if they had moved to Jersey or the West Side. The loss of parkland is sad and unfortunate and a travesty that it's taking so long, but they're getting a real nice park that hopefully will be maintained. It's bigger than the local park in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, which is relatively close in size to that area. Demanding that the Yankees give all the ticket proceeds to the parks is ridiculous and renaming Babe Ruth Plaza to Macombs Dam Park is just as ludicrous. I don't blame the Yankees, they asked and it was given. This situation is shoddy politics and corruption within the city as well as Bloomberg's penchant for money first, people second way of running this city. The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.

What you're
    saying makes good common sense, unlike some of the things I've read in this thread. Having it dissected by our astute contributor WEB, seems to make what you're saying have even MORE good sense. I thank you for your very sensible input on these pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Alrighty then. (I didn't know they re-used the name from the old park.)
    Very simple: Because NOTHING HAPPENED on the current site of "Macombs Dam Park"! All Yankee History took place at the Mall across 161st Street.

lmao...
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Yankeefan90;1988637]You know what I find most interesting, is that most of these people demanding about the parks would be the same people blasting the Yankees if they had moved to Jersey or the West Side. The loss of parkland is sad and unfortunate and a travesty that it's taking so long, but they're getting a real nice park that hopefully will be maintained. It's bigger than the local park in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, which is relatively close in size to that area. Demanding that the Yankees give all the ticket proceeds to the parks is ridiculous and renaming Babe Ruth Plaza to Macombs Dam Park is just as ludicrous. I don't blame the Yankees, they asked and it was given. This situation is shoddy politics and corruption within the city as well as Bloomberg's penchant for money first, people second way of running this city. The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jim Vaz;1988982]
    The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.[/QUOTE]

I can't even fathom what the South Bronx would be like, if it wasn't for the New York Yankees..
    Thank God for NYS, and thank God for the New York Yankees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    [B]The South Bronx is the poorest congressional district in the US, take the Yankees out of the equation and that area loses hundreds of jobs both seasonal and full time, and businesses.
    I bet the poorest congressional district in the US could have used 1.5 billion dollars of taxpayer bonded money going directly to the Bronx for business improvement. That would have created more than 15-22 new full time jobs filled by baseball staff or Steinbrenner, Levine, flunkies and relatives for what they claim was only 175 already.

That's not to mention the jobs/revenue lost all over the neighborhood for every business now inside the mallpark neighborhood with lower seating capacity.

Oh the new Macombs Dam Park supposedly will have someone in a cart providing security, that's one job vs all the people who lost their jobs the last six years with all the parks closed.
    Last edited by WEB; 03-12-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Hear ye!!! Hear ye!!!

Macombs Dam Park, John Mullaly Park, The Bronx Greatest Dynasty.

Contact Richard Brodsky and ask that Babe Ruth Plaza name be taken down and replaced by Macombs Dam Park signage on the plaza and the convicted felon's taxpayer mallpark seat proceeds go directly for permanent preservation of Macombs and John Mullaly Parks as historical landmarks.

https://twitter.com/#!/RichardBrodsky

Make sure YS1923 gets this info..
    I'm sure he'd love to "waste his time", writing to Richard Brodsky on this "ridiculous issue", while eating some of Sparky Lyle's NYS cake!

I bet the poorest congressional district in the US could have used 1.5 billion dollars of taxpayer bonded money going directly to the Bronx for business improvement. That would have created more than 15-22 new full time jobs filled by baseball staff or Steinbrenner, Levine, flunkies and relatives for what they claim was only 175 already.

That's not to mention the jobs/revenue lost all over the neighborhood for every business now inside the mallpark neighborhood with lower seating capacity.

Oh the new Macombs Dam Park supposedly will have someone in a cart providing security, that's one job vs all the people who lost their jobs the last six years with all the parks closed.
    I'm going to say it once again, this is NOT the Yankees fault. They're like any other business who may have connections within the city government, the real villain in all of this is city hall.
    If Bloomberg was a good mayor able to balance the needs of both the team and the neighborhood, we don't even discuss this. There's no way I don't take the package that the city gives me if I was Steinbrenner. Most of this chatter is about the loss of the old Stadium, it's gone, now you're turning it into a moral/class warfare argument.
    The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

I'm going to say it once again, this is NOT the Yankees fault. They're like any other business who may have connections within the city government, the real villain in all of this is city hall.
    If Bloomberg was a good mayor able to balance the needs of both the team and the neighborhood, we don't even discuss this. There's no way I don't take the package that the city gives me if I was Steinbrenner. Most of this chatter is about the loss of the old Stadium, it's gone, now you're turning it into a moral/class warfare argument.
    this has been my point as well

You are entitled to your viewpoint, however it's simply incorrect on all fronts. The promises on Macombs Dam Park is a Yankee issue created by them, along with the delays, they bullied the city and threatened by the mid 80's to leave and played this game for a generation. They were so scared of not finishing construction of the mallpark on time Yankee Stadium had to remain standing which is why Macombs is still not open.

Then the same week they spent 500m dollars on more baseball players, Levine went before the city council and demanded 370m more in taxpayer money for the mallpark to subsidize the construction.

Not moral or class warfare issue.

You are entitled to your viewpoint, however it's simply incorrect on all fronts.

Ok, you win..
    You're "RIGHT" on all fronts, and we're all "WRONG" on all fronts..
    NOW JUST END IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your "viewpoint" has been "WELL DOCUMENTED" over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Your "viewpoint" has been "WELL DOCUMENTED" over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
    My viewponts are well documented, different and bring in many angles all related to Macombs Dam Park which is the topic.

Unlike you, I have not added ten pages to a thread over two years simply to tell everyone how much we should all suffer (your words) if they don't agree with you and create countless spam posts full of only emoticons when not insulting other members.

Even the folks who I don't agree with have made their points with courtesy and respect.

I'm going to continue to post relevant information to this topic. You are not required or obligated to read or respond to it.

I believe there is a mallpark thread for you to praise it as many times a day as you care to over and over and over again, by all means do so.

My viewponts are well documented, different and bring in many angles all related to Macombs Dam Park which is the topic.

Unlike you, I have not added ten pages to a thread over two years simply to tell everyone how much we should all suffer (your words) if they don't agree with you and create countless spam posts full of only emoticons when not insulting other members.

Even the folks who I don't agree with have made their points with courtesy and respect.

I'm going to continue to post relevant information to this topic. You are not required or obligated to read or respond to it.

I believe there is a mallpark thread for you to praise it as many times a day as you care to over and over and over again, by all means do so.

I would respect others and their opinions, and I do for the most part... When they respect "MINE"...
    Some other "frequent poster(s) on this thread", don't..

Go ahead and knock yourself out with your "ridiculous campaign" in trying to rename Babe Ruth Plaza, with MDF Plaza, and your "negative fake take" on NYS, Heritage Field, and everything else that you "CLEARLY HATE" about the New York Yankees..
    You, and the rest of the "negative guys" here are all the same..

I would respect others and their opinions, and I do for the most part... When they respect "MINE"...
    Respect goes both ways, DN4L.

Or have you forgotten the "Don't Be Stupid" exchange from a couple of years ago?

From the "Yankee Stadium [I] (1923 - 1973)" thread:

Post #4539 by DN4L:
    "I would say more here, but I don't want to look "stupid" as Gary has accused me of doing here on BBF..."

Post #4541 by me:
    "DN4L is referring to a post in the "Alternate Timeline!" thread where he told me to "Go live in Bizarro World" in response to a comment I made pointing out that someone who had created a "fantasy Yankee Stadium" intentionally chose not to replicate the real-life area beyond the outside wall.

"In response to DN4L's post telling me to "Go live in Bizarro World" I said that even though I had been respectful of his point of view in the past, his comments to myself and to others caused me to feel that he no longer deserved the courtesy I had been giving him of referring to Fake Yankee Stadium Fail by other, more respectful euphemisms.

"I then said "I'm not going to be stupid and tell you to shut up or anything like that" (as other posters have done). Again: "I'm not going to be stupid and tell you to shut up or anything like that . . . " Not the same as accusing someone else of looking stupid.

"DN4L, you owe me an apology."

Post #4544 by DN4L:
    "If you tell me "Don't Be Stupid", with a photo of RYS's scoreboard, with that same exact message GLARING on it. Then how can you POSSIBLY say that you weren't suggesting that I was being "stupid"???

"Since you are a certified and proud member of the "Fake Failure's Club", you're not getting an apology from me.."

I have no idea how you could have read "I'm not going to be stupid" and taken that to mean "you are stupid." But you apparently did, and you were called out on it - not only by me, but by others. And your response was to refuse to own up to your mistake not because of any factual reasoning, but because you don't like my opinion of the present (fake) Yankee Stadium.

Since you are a certified and proud member of the "Fake Failure's Club", you're not getting an apology from me..
    Respect goes both ways.

Here's my original post in the "Alternate Timeline!" thread where DN4L incorrectly thought I was calling him stupid... again, in response to his telling me to "go live in Bizarro World":

"DN4L, I've tried to be respectful to your point of view in the past. I've even publicly apologized to you when you took offense at a way I worded a description of your approval of Fake Yankee Stadium Fail that you saw as condescending, because I didn't mean for my description to be seen in that manner.

"But I have to say that in my opinion, it's getting to a point where any criticism of Fake Yankee Stadium Fail seems to result in a disapproving response from you. While you're certainly entitled to your viewpoint, it seems to me that you're starting to come across as too fanatical.

"You say Fake Yankee Stadium Fail deserves your defense. How does telling me to "Go live in Bizarro World" defend it? "Go live in Bizarro World" does nothing to advance the discussion, nor does it support your case or prompt me to reconsider my opinion. In fact, quite the opposite.

"DN4L, I've been respectful to your point of view in the past, and that included referring to Fake Yankee Stadium Fail as "1 East 161st Street" (its official address) and "the present home of the Yankees" (which it is). However, as you may have guessed by now, I've decided you no longer deserve the courtesy of my referring to Fake Yankee Stadium Fail with those more respectful euphemisms.

"I'm not going to be stupid...

(Photo of Yankee Stadium message board reading "so, don't be stupid!" inserted in this spot)

"...like I said, I'm not going to be stupid and tell you to shut up or anything like that.

"But I will say that in my opinion your time would have been more productively spent pointing out the offending comments from Marc Gilbert's website and explaining how, in your opinion, Marc Gilbert was taking shots at Fake Yankee Stadium Fail."

(Link to see my post in its original context: here)

How anyone can see "I'm not going to be stupid" and think that means "you are stupid," is something I can't fathom.

WEB, keep fighting the good fight, and don't waste your time responding to people who... actually, I think the best way to end this post is with an appropriate letter-to-the-editor from Time Magazine, February 28, 1938:

Sirs:
    ... I would not even consider knowing any friends who did not subscribe to TIME.
    BRANSON DE COU, Hollywood, Calif.

TIME does not encourage intolerance.—ED.
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Blog Entries
    Oh my...

Oh my...

...when is enough , enough?

Blog Entries
    It appears enough of enough is just not enough around here.

I'm not going to take personal shots on anyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Without question though some come in here
    looking for a fight knowing they will get one. I've tried very hard to not get baited into one of these long drawn out debates that most times
    never ends well.

It appears enough of enough is just not enough around here.

I'm not going to take personal shots on anyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Without question though some come in here
    looking for a fight knowing they will get one. I've tried very hard to not get baited into one of these long drawn out debates that most times
    never ends well.

The reason why I "fight the fight" is because of the thousands of baseball fans here on BBF who don't live in New York State, and may never be able to see a New York Yankees game in "The Bronx", in person.
    Their opinion on NYS shouldn't be tainted from all the unjustified negative poison that is smeared here from the fake fail club, almost on a daily basis.

NYS is a gorgeous, state of the art, one of a kind facility, that any normal, positive baseball fan would enjoy seeing a game in.
    That has to be stated here, to retort the nonsense..

Blog Entries
    The reason why I "fight the fight" is because of the thousands of baseball fans here on BBF who don't live in New York State, and may never be able to see a New York Yankees game in "The Bronx", in person.
    Their opinion on NYS shouldn't be tainted from all the unjustified negative poison that is smeared here from the fake fail club, almost on a daily basis.

NYS is a gorgeous, state of the art, one of a kind facility, that any normal, positive baseball fan would enjoy seeing a game in.
    That has to be stated here, to retort the nonsense..
    Hey DNL, I was actually not even referring to you, you're just defending the turf. Those "others" know who they are.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast