Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Macombs Dam Park [II] / Heritage Park (former Yankee Stadium [I] site)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
    #*@! Heritage Field, or whatever they decide to call it.
    Better not - there are laws prohibiting that kind of thing. At the very least you might get busted for indecent exposure.
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Found this on Flickr by Distar97:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by florida_yankee_fan; 03-18-2011 at 03:39 PM.
    "There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them."--Charles Dillon "Casey" Stengel

Last edited by florida_yankee_fan; 03-18-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    "There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them."--Charles Dillon "Casey" Stengel

If the timing is perfect, I bet you the Yankees and Giants build a dual-purpose stadium on the old Yankee Stadium site in 30 years. LOL

^ Bleah. Multipurpose stadia are a pimple on the face of sports.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

In Shadow of Yankee Stadium, 3 Unfinished Ball Fields

Heritage Field: March 31, 2011..

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Heritage Field: March 31, 2011.. (Part 2)

A few more...

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Wow DN4L, Nice work!

Thanks for sharing DN4L. I can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like it will be a nice place for the people in the area to go, relax and have a good time. Has anyone seen what the finish product for the park next to the Harlem River looks like?
    Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
    Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Thanks for sharing DN4L. I can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like it will be a nice place for the people in the area to go, relax and have a good time. Has anyone seen what the finish product for the park next to the Harlem River looks like?

I'm looking forward to the project being completed as well, CP..
    I think it's going to look great!

PS: My pleasure guys..

a photo i took from yesterday at the Metro North Station - 4/2/2011

and another

Dear Friends,

Great photos, as usual. Would it be possible to take close up photos of the signs and names on the trucks? These are important for historical purposes. This way we'll know who did what.

Thank you.

I wonder if that platform behind home plate of the little league field will be where they commerate home plate fo the old stadium. Judging by diagrams that looks to be the spot where it once stood.
    Last edited by Pedro's Compadre; 04-03-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wagner View Post
    Dear Friends,

Great photos, as usual. Would it be possible to take close up photos of the signs and names on the trucks? These are important for historical purposes. This way we'll know who did what.

Thank you.

Sorry Mike, I didn't pay much attention to the trucks after yesterday's brutal loss..
    The first photo was the closest I took of the construction and the trucks, (still no names).

Dear DN4L,

There's time. The photos you and other have taken are sensational, as always.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro's Compadre View Post
    I wonder if that platform behind home plate of the little league field will be where they commerate home plate fo the old stadium. Judging by diagrams that looks to be the spot where it once stood.
    YS home plate would be where 2nd base is on the LL field.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Quote Originally Posted by The Monument View Post
    YS home plate would be where 2nd base is on the LL field.
    Correct - there's almost no hint of the real Yankee Stadium in the new park design. Which, I have to say now that the dust has settled, is fine with me. Once they made the obscene decision to tear down the real thing and build a facsimile across the street in a park, who cares about whatever lame memorial to their disgusting decision our city fathers make. As long as it's a nice park for the community. And the baseball will be still be round on those fields.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

I noticed that the "exhust pipe" bat is still standing. Is the plan for it to remain in place, or has it just not been demolished yet?

My understanding is that "the bat" will stay.
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Mine as well, it's shown in all renderings of Heritage Park.

Quote Originally Posted by coasterbill View Post
    Mine as well, it's shown in all renderings of Heritage Park.
    What's up with the "coaster" nickname?
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

does anybody know if the reflection/shadows on the sidewalk from the windows of the Yankee Stadium are still there?

these

these are what i was talking about

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast