Macombs Dam Park [II] / Heritage Park (former Yankee Stadium [I] site)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quagmire
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
    kids will be happy playing on the site of the old stadium.
    you want a museum, not realistic.
    Only kids who know what used to stand there knows the significance of that land. As the generations go by, it will become another park.

How is a museum not realistic? I am not saying they should have kept the whole structure as is up. That part was unrealistic( as much as I would have wanted the whole thing left standing). But, they could have just demolished the upper deck and loge section and leave the field seating. And trim the structure back to the 1928 dimensions( saving Gate 2). That would leave enough room for two fields I believe( judging from that picture posted above, there would need to be some tweaking done, but it looks like they could still get three fields to work) and the concourses turned into a museum/shops/restaurant to help fund the upkeep of the park and structure. How was that unrealistic?
    Last edited by quagmire; 01-01-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by quagmire View Post
      Only kids who know what used to stand there knows the significance of that land. As the generations go by, it will become another park.

How is a museum not realistic? I am not saying they should have kept the whole structure as is up. That part was unrealistic( as much as I would have wanted the whole thing left standing). But, they could have just demolished the upper deck and loge section and leave the field seating. And trim the structure back to the 1928 dimensions( saving Gate 2). That would leave enough room for two fields I believe( judging from that picture posted above, there would need to be some tweaking done, but it looks like they could still get three fields to work) and the concourses turned into a museum/shops/restaurant to help fund the upkeep of the park and structure. How was that unrealistic?
      Never mind quags - I think we know where this is going. Remember, we're NEW YORK fans first and foremost.
      RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Paul W
        • May 2008

...How is a museum not realistic?...
        i wrote at length about this during the gate 2 debate.

as ol' casey used to say "you can look it up..."
        the turd in the punchbowl
        reality really sucks.
        enjoy the game more...

Comment

• YankeeDean
          • Jan 2008

I vote for Babe Ruth Field. It was the site of the the House that Ruth Built, now its his field. And there should be a statue of him, with some kind of interactive museum attached to whatever buildings will be created to serve the park, showing clips of the Babe in his youth, when he was built like A-rod, so kids don't refer to him (as I've heard them say) as "that fat baseball player".

Comment

• Paul W
            • May 2008

again, who's gonna pay for this and maintain it (statues etc.)?
            obviously it's not important to the nyy.
            'ya gotta pay to see theie displays...
            the turd in the punchbowl
            reality really sucks.
            enjoy the game more...

Comment

• mackenzie
              • Dec 2008

Here are a couple of shots of the snowy Old Yankee Stadium grounds taken on 1/29/2011.

Regards,
              Mark
              Attached Files

Comment

• Yankee1965
                • Mar 2009

How about we call these hallowed grounds "The Yankee Stadium Site" and the current venue the "New Yankee Stadium". I'm just sayin'

Originally posted by mackenzie View Post
                Here are a couple of shots of the snowy Old Yankee Stadium grounds taken on 1/29/2011.

Regards,
                Mark

Comment

• YankeeStadium1923
                  • Feb 2008

Heritage Field February 2011

Lots of activity on the former site of Old Yankee Stadium. Enclosed are some photos from Friday, February 18, 2011.
                  Attached Files
                  Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• YankeeStadium1923
                    • Feb 2008

I did a quick merge of these two photos to show a wide angle view of the site.

February 18, 2011
                    Attached Files
                    Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Mr. Laser Beam
                      • Sep 2010

What is the latest projected completion date?
                      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by YankeeDean View Post
                        I vote for Babe Ruth Field. It was the site of the the House that Ruth Built, now its his field. And there should be a statue of him, with some kind of interactive museum attached to whatever buildings will be created to serve the park, showing clips of the Babe in his youth, when he was built like A-rod, so kids don't refer to him (as I've heard them say) as "that fat baseball player".
                        You're talking to walls here, Dean. And that is not limited to just the Yankees or the City, if you catch my drift!
                        RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• quagmire
                          • Jan 2010

I can't wait until the day comes when we see a stadium on that site again........

Comment

• DN4L
                            27, and nobody has more..
                            • Dec 2009

I can't wait until the day comes when we see a stadium on that site again........

Unless you're less than 5 years old, I wouldn't hold my breath..
                            This will be the last Yankee Stadium to be built in "our" lifetimes..
                            "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• YankeeDean
                              • Jan 2008

Nice photos Yankee Stadium 1923. Starting to get excited. I have 11 nephews and 2 god sons. I plan a family intra-squad game by October.

Comment

• voodoochile
                                • Mar 2005

#*@! Heritage Field, or whatever they decide to call it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X