Macombs Dam Park [II] / Heritage Park (former Yankee Stadium [I] site)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DN4L
    27, and nobody has more..
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
    Heres the latest--The project is very close to finished.The seats-up-on-the-poles idea is NOT going to happen. Viewfinders around the perimeter will show images of the old Stadium. Unknown if they will show OYS or RYS, but it will be "pretty cool." The old frieze will be installed in about a month, and the wall that it will hang on is being "poured" tomorrow. More info as I get it.

I sent you an e-mail, regarding the Yankees vs Red Sux series, in the second week of June..
    Maybe they'll install the frieze during one of those dates..
    "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• nevman923
      • Jan 2008

hey guys, I was at the game last night, 5-11, and was able to snap several nice shots of Heritage Field quick observations, the grass looks like it's all done, not sure if they are planting grass around the newly planted trees. Also on the far diamond nearest the Subway platform there is a concrete wall being erected. And there is now a small scoreboard down the former right field line, as you can see in the pictures. They also are laying down Uni-lock sidewalk bricks for the walkway, too. Enjoy!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Cool Papa B.
        Fastest Man in Baseball
        • Aug 2008

Nice pictures nevman. The park is looking good. I wonder what they are doing with that concrete wall where gate 2 use to be. Hopefully it's something that pays tribute to the Old stadium. Can't wait to see the finished product.
        Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
        Ernest Hemingway
        “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

• Yankeefan3783
          • Oct 2008

The fields look good enough for major leaguers to play on.

Comment

• DN4L
            • Dec 2009

May 13, 2011: Part 1

Before yesterday's night game..

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• DN4L
              • Dec 2009

May 13, 2011: Part 2

Comment

• DN4L
                • Dec 2009

May 13, 2011: Part 3

Comment

• DN4L
                  • Dec 2009

May 13, 2011: Part 4 (Last one)

Comment

• quagmire
                    • Jan 2010

Are they going to keep some of the old stone area shown where Gate 6 used to be? Or will that be gone by completion?

Comment

• Cool Papa B.
                      Fastest Man in Baseball
                      • Aug 2008

Awesome job DN4L! Once again you went above and beyond the call of duty.

Question: That stone paver describing the 2008 All Star game. Are there others describing other memorable moments in Yankee Stadium history?

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
                      Ernest Hemingway

sigpic

Comment

• JohnCropp
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                        Question: That stone paver describing the 2008 All Star game. Are there others describing other memorable moments in Yankee Stadium history?
                        Nope.

Just the most important one.

The 2008 All-Star Game taking forever.

Comment

• DN4L
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                          Awesome job DN4L! Once again you went above and beyond the call of duty.

Thanks, Cool Papa..
                          In regards to other pavers being there, besides the 2008 All-Star one. I didn't see any, but I wasn't exactly looking for others while taking my photos.
                          I was rushing a bit, as I couldn't wait to hit the Hard Rock before the game..

Comment

• Cool Papa B.
                            Fastest Man in Baseball
                            • Aug 2008

I found this aerial shot of the stadium and Heritage field. Very nice!
                            Attached Files

Ernest Hemingway

sigpic

Comment

• quagmire
                              • Jan 2010

Another thing, what happened to the darker grass that was going to outline the field from Yankee Stadium?

Comment

• doctor_gogol
                                • Jul 2008

I'm wondering why they didn't use real YS grass at the park. From what I've read, Steiner has enough of the real stuff left because nobody is buying it.
                                Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46267068@N04/sets/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X