Macombs Dam Park [II] / Heritage Park (former Yankee Stadium [I] site)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YankeeStadium1923
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by peterrod16 View Post
    Maybe we should organize a Baseball fever 7 inning game at Hertiage Field in 2012
    DN4L and Gary could be the photographers.
    Great Idea.

Fans of the Oriiginal Yankee Stadium vs New Yankee Stadium Enthusiasts

I know the side I will play on will carry the long sought after "Mystique and Aura."
    Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• YankeeStadium1923
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
      YStraw, I don't have time nor energy to search, but I think I recall you posting that tearing down RYS was some sort of tragedy,..... yet tearing down Shea was OK?
      Let's not get crazy here and compare Pre/Post Yankee Stadium with Shea Stadium. Yankee Stadium was a historic landmark that the City tore down and the Yankees fled for some Corporate replica.

I love seeing old photos of Shea Stadium when it first opened and the complimentary pastel color scheme, however Shea Stadium had one major flaw....

It was round...

Why the designers of the 1960's thought a round building worked for any American Sport outside of Marco Polo is beyond me. Shea Stadium should never be compared to Yankee Stadium in any form.
      Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• YankeeStadium1923
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
        The deal with the city to take public park land for a new billion dollar stadiumplex was to include public access to new parkland where the old, historic "House That Ruth Built" was destroyed. The park *looks* great. But it's basically a museum piece, a manicured walled garden right now. It should be open and available to the neighborhood (permits for games/leagues being a given), as was promised way back when Bloomberg and Levine stood before the microphones.
        The city hasn't lived up to its deal
        :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
        Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• YankeeStadium1923
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
          I was wondering about this...wouldn't the frieze be somewhat of a distraction to batters on the main field, seems like its location is right where the batters' eye would be and with it painted all white, the ball will be very hard to see coming out of the pitchers hand
          Good Point....

I guess you will need a permit to to step into the batters box and find out!
          Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• stadiumbuilder
            • Feb 2008

I would like to be on the mound starting game 1 for the OYS team. (Actually, I'd start for either team, I just love to throw!)
            Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
            Great Idea.

Fans of the Oriiginal Yankee Stadium vs New Yankee Stadium Enthusiasts

I know the side I will play on will carry the long sought after "Mystique and Aura."

Comment

• YankeeStadium1923
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by stadiumbuilder View Post
              I would like to be on the mound starting game 1 for the OYS team. (Actually, I'd start for either team, I just love to throw!)
              I'm a switch hitter and can play Centerfield ala Mickey Mantle or wear my 1939 Lou Gehrig jersey and play First base.

Either way "Mystique and Aura" will be on our side.

Sorry New Yankee Stadium Enthusiasts but "Mystique and Aura" was nowhere to be found on Thursday night.

Hows the progress going on the Yankee Stadium model?
              Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• stadiumbuilder
                • Feb 2008

I'm a switch hitter and can play Centerfield ala Mickey Mantle or wear my 1939 Lou Gehrig jersey and play First base.

Either way "Mystique and Aura" will be on our side.

Sorry New Yankee Stadium Enthusiasts but "Mystique and Aura" was nowhere to be found on Thursday night.

Hows the progress going on the Yankee Stadium model?
                I'm working on the ads the last 5 weeks or so. There were only twelve, but I still need to finish and place Avco, Hamilton Beach, Marlboro and Datsun. My oldest daughter is taking care of the website www.stadiumbuilder.com and my son is in charge of taking the pictures, so there should be more frequent updates now. Model is probably more than 80% along now. Scoreboard, outfield walls and distance markers waiting on deck. John
                Last edited by stadiumbuilder; 10-09-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• DN4L
                  27, and nobody has more..
                  • Dec 2009

So it was NYS's fault that the New York Yankees lost to the Detroit Tigers last Thursday night??
                  BTW, you don't exactly sound like a Yankee fan, when making that comment..
                  "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• YankeeStadium1923
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                    So it was NYS's fault that the New York Yankees lost to the Detroit Tigers last Thursday night??
                    BTW, you don't exactly sound like a Yankee fan, when making that comment..
                    I'm not the one who moved the Yankees from the historic site that hosted "Mystique and Aura" more times than not.

Your continuous bashing of the historic Pre/Post Yankee Stadium makes you more of a Yankee fan than me?

And you edited my post. It was clearly a joke in the context of the full statement I made but the New Yankee Stadium Enthusiasts obviously have no sense of humor.
                    Last edited by YankeeStadium1923; 10-09-2011, 08:23 AM.
                    Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• YankeeStadium1923
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by stadiumbuilder View Post
                      I'm working on the ads the last 5 weeks or so. There were only twelve, but I still need to finish and place Avco, Hamilton Beach, Marlboro and Datsun. My oldest daughter is taking care of the website www.stadiumbuilder.com and my son is in charge of taking the pictures, so there should be more frequent updates now. Model is probably more the 80% along now. Scoreboard, outfield walls and distance markers waiting on deck. John
                      Great. Look forward to seeing some updated images and completion of the model.
                      Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• baseballman1243
                        • Jan 2008

If someone says that there hasn't been Mystique and Aura in NYS, then they are just ignorant.
                        Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Cool Papa B.
                          Fastest Man in Baseball
                          • Aug 2008

I love it when people get over nostalgic about RYS. They make it sound like it never saw any quiet and disappointing moments. I remember when Tino Martinez complained after game 1 of the 2001 ALCS about how quiet the fans were. Or in Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS when fans started leaving after the 7th inning.
                          Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
                          Ernest Hemingway
                          “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

• Coach Bombay
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
                            If someone says that there hasn't been Mystique and Aura in NYS, then they are just ignorant.
                            Love the new stadium and the new park. But come on bro... "Mystique and Aura"? Where was it Thursday night? Were were the "ghosts". All that talk is utter nonsense. For the old stadium and new one. You play good you win. You don't.. you lose. Period.

Comment

• Blue387
                              Ya gotta believe
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by YankeeFanBx View Post
                              Really starting to dislike the Mets fans on this site.
                              What did I do?
                              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• DN4L
                                27, and nobody has more..
                                • Dec 2009

I'm not the one who moved the Yankees from the historic site that hosted "Mystique and Aura" more times than not.

Your continuous bashing of the historic Pre/Post Yankee Stadium makes you more of a Yankee fan than me?

And you edited my post. It was clearly a joke in the context of the full statement I made but the New Yankee Stadium Enthusiasts obviously have no sense of humor.

Oh.. I'm DEFINITELY a better Yankee fan than you!!!!!! Because I root for the players in the pinstripe uniforms, not the stadium!!!
                                Edit your post?? That accusation is a joke!!! I quoted your entire sentence word for word, from beginning to end! So don't accuse me of changing your words!!!
                                You did say, and I'll quote it again, "Sorry New Yankee Stadium Enthusiasts but "Mystique and Aura" was nowhere to be found on Thursday night." (There's no editing THAT!!!!)
                                You're "continuous bashing" of NYS makes you sound more like a Mets fan or Red Sux fan, than a Yankees fan!!!
                                "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X