Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could someone recommend a good "T" or "Tee" that doesn't tip over?

Question Could someone recommend a good "T" or "Tee" that doesn't tip over?

I know there is a thread in this forum that discusses Ts/Tees but I can't find it using the search function. There was one T/Tee in particular that most seemed to think was pretty solidly built and doesn't tip over as much as other Ts/Tees. If someone could provide me a link to the product or the thread that discusses this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    ?

Tanner Tee.... Thank me later.

http://www.tannertees.com/

The Infini-Tee looks like the only one. Would like to try one.

I'll thank you right now. The Tanner Tee was the one I was looking for.

Thanks.
    ?

The tanner tee colapses if you miss the ball low and hit the ball holder portion of the tee. You would really have to miss the ball bad to knock this tee over. You could always place a 20lb weight on the base of the tee if you are having trouble with stability....

The real problem with any normal tee is you can't hit the ball in the optimal spot - one inch below the center line - without hitting the holder and/or knocking over the tee.

Quote Originally Posted by MyDogSparty View Post
    I'll thank you right now. The Tanner Tee was the one I was looking for.

Thanks.

Glad to help....

Quote Originally Posted by hitnpeas View Post
    Tanner Tee.... Thank me later.

http://www.tannertees.com/
    Tanner Tees do tip over.

The fix is to get a 10 pound weightlifting weight with an olympic size opening (the old big opening, not the small opening you see more today).

If you thread the tee part into the base through the center opening in the weight, the tipping over problem is solved.
    Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

CO ... just an opinion mind you ... but I consider the fix to be with the use of improved swing mechanics.

IMO the Tanner Tee is hands down the best tee on the market. Of all the tees in our HS program, this is the only tee that has lasted 3yrs and is still going strong. Unlike tees made of heavy duty rubber, the Tanner Tee does not provide "false feedback" ... and for that reason alone I prefer it. Couple that with durability and it's an awesome tee.

It will tip over with a bad swing ... but I consider that a plus. That is the negative feedback I want the kids to receive. Most of the kids I work with will seldom knock the tee down ... and when they do, it is a reminder that they have done something wrong ... which again, is a positive IMO.

When hitters come to my hitting sessions they hustle to grab the Tanner Tee. This is the tee they prefer ... and I do absolutely nothing to prevent it from not tipping. One of my hitters recently bought their own Tanner Tee and brings it with them ... they got annoyed when they had to use a different tee. At least the kids I work with give the Tanner Tee the thumbs up ... even though I don't use a supporting base to prevent a bad swing from knocking it over.
    Last edited by FiveFrameSwing; 07-06-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing View Post
    It will tip over with a bad swing
    Actually, it tips over with a perfect swing. Tees force you to hit the ball with a swing that's level to the ground - not the pitched ball, then you must hit the ball in the middle, which knuckles the ball instead of imparting spin.

Quote Originally Posted by songtitle View Post
    Actually, it tips over with a perfect swing.
    Song ... not trying to be argumentative ... but that isn't my experience or the experience of many of hitters I work with. We use a Tanner Tee almost daily throughout the year.

Tees force you to hit the ball with a swing that's level to the ground.
    That is the case for many tees, including those made of heavy duty rubber ... but that is not the case for the Tanner Tee, which has a cone that retracts with virtually zero resistance upon impact. This is my number one reason for liking the Tanner Tee ... because it does not provide "false negative feedback" ... when you make a good swing with a "diagonal barrel" the Tanner Tee does not give the hitter "false negative feedback".

My experience is that good swings do not knock the Tanner Tee over, that it is the most durable tee I've used, and that it does not encourage a swing that is level to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris O'Leary View Post
    Tanner Tees do tip over.

The fix is to get a 10 pound weightlifting weight with an olympic size opening (the old big opening, not the small opening you see more today).

If you thread the tee part into the base through the center opening in the weight, the tipping over problem is solved.

Isn't that pretty much what I recommended?

FFS, I stand corrected then. I will have to try one.

Tanner Tees do tip over.

Uh, isn't that pretty much what I recommended?

The tanner tee colapses if you miss the ball low and hit the ball holder portion of the tee. You would really have to miss the ball bad to knock this tee over. You could always place a 20lb weight on the base of the tee if you are having trouble with stability....

Song ... not trying to be argumentative ... but that isn't my experience or the experience of many of hitters I work with. We use a Tanner Tee almost daily throughout the year.

That is the case for many tees, including those made of heavy duty rubber ... but that is not the case for the Tanner Tee, which has a cone that retracts with virtually zero resistance upon impact. This is my number one reason for liking the Tanner Tee ... because it does not provide "false negative feedback" ... when you make a good swing with a "diagonal barrel" the Tanner Tee does not give the hitter "false negative feedback".

My experience is that good swings do not knock the Tanner Tee over, that it is the most durable tee I've used, and that it does not encourage a swing that is level to the ground.

X2..... FFS hits the mark fo sho!! Couple this tee with an insider bat and you should be good to go....

FFS, I stand corrected then. I will have to try one.
    Song ... I think you'll fall in love with them. They are excellent.

You'll often see pros working with Tanner Tees ... and for a good reason.

Here's Albert Pujols using a Tanner Tee during this year's Spring Training.

Very interesting way Pujols is working his front foot here.

Very interesting way Pujols is working his front foot here.
    Yes it is.

Also interesting is that after Albert warmed up that he repositioned himself relative to the Tanner Tee ... so that it was basically even with his belly button ... he stated he was doing this to force himself to hit with his backside and avoid drifting forward to much ... see the GIF below.

Last edited by FiveFrameSwing; 07-06-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Uh, isn't that pretty much what I recommended?
    Yes, but you have to get an olympic sized barbell and not a small sized one because only Olympic barbells have a hole that is big enough to pass the tee pipe.

I don't want him to waste his money buying weights that are too small (like I did).
    Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

Yes, but you have to get an olympic sized barbell and not a small sized one because only Olympic barbells have a hole that is big enough to pass the tee pipe.

I don't want him to waste his money buying weights that are too small (like I did).
    Ah, gotcha.... Sometimes assuming common sense gets you in trouble. Good point....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast