Thread: Reverse Negative cards??

Reverse Negative cards??

I was wondering if everyone could chip in and make a list of reverse negative cards. I am going to attempt to collect as many as I can within the next year as a project. I got interested in this after reading Septembers Beckett and then I found the 99 Topps AJ Hinch reverse negative in a stack of cards. All help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

To me one of the more familiar reverse negative cards is the '89 Upper Deck #357 Dale Murphy Rev/Neg.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

There is a Juan Gonzalez reverse negative card as well. I believe it is the 1990 Donruss, if memory serves me correctly. I actually believe that I have it and would be willing to trade it if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by smraines View Post
    I was wondering if everyone could chip in and make a list of reverse negative cards. I am going to attempt to collect as many as I can within the next year as a project. I got interested in this after reading Septembers Beckett and then I found the 99 Topps AJ Hinch reverse negative in a stack of cards. All help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
    Juan Gonzalez has a 1990 Donruss REV NEG.

There's another out there from I think 1979 or 1980 (TOPPS) that is scarce and used to fetch a premium. The player escapes me as the corrected version is a common.

Jim Ganter's 1987 Topps is a REV NEG as well, it was never corrected.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

One more I just remembered: 2002 UD Authentics Mark Kotsay. It looks like he's throwing with the wrong hand.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Hank Aaron - 1957 Topps
    John Littlefield - 1982 Fleer

Thanks everyone. I have a few of these guys like the Gonzalez, Littlefield. I had absolutely no clue about the 87 Ganter. I have about 10 of those.

Here's a bunch of them, with pictures.
    http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=746903

Quote Originally Posted by smraines View Post
    Thanks everyone. I have a few of these guys like the Gonzalez, Littlefield. I had absolutely no clue about the 87 Ganter. I have about 10 of those.
    Yeah I found the Ganter by mistake. I was going through a monster box of 87 Topps a few years back and noticed the logo looked funny. Apparently nobody at Topps cared since it was never corrected. I remember back in the late 80's and early 90's error cards were all the rage - seemingly started by the Bill Ripken. I do however think that these REV NEG errors are kinda cool looking.
    WAR? Prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by ipitch View Post
    Here's a bunch of them, with pictures.
    http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=746903
    Thats a great bunch of reverse negative cards. While the best to me is the 1957 Aaron which I knew about, I did not know about the 1995 Fleer reversed Mattingly, and I just jumped on Ebay and bought one for my Yankees collection. Thanks for posting that!!!
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS