Thread: Twins throwback uniform

Twins throwback uniform

Im watching the Twins/Indians right now and they are wearing the retros. Well the Twins have "STPG" on their hats and jersey, and I have no idea what it means. Do any of you?
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
    Im watching the Twins/Indians right now and they are wearing the retros. Well the Twins have "STPG" on their hats and jersey, and I have no idea what it means. Do any of you?
    It's a Negro League Tribute game. The Twins were wearing the uniforms from the 1909 St. Paul Gophers.

yeah i saw that they had those on too the other day i was wondering the same thing-- thanks m wiggins - i knew they used to be the washington nationals/senators whatever name i guess you would want to call them back then. you know i didnt know that there official name was actually the washington nationals from like 1904-1954 somethign like that but everyone still called em the senators.

All I know is the throwbacks they wore yesterday, which were evidently from the Killebrew era, were really nice. They out to wear those more often.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    All I know is the throwbacks they wore yesterday, which were evidently from the Killebrew era, were really nice. They out to wear those more often.
    I believe those were their '61 Throwbacks that they've been wearing every Saturday at home this year. I love those. Much nicer than their current uniforms.