Thread: Comerica parking & any other tips wanted

Comerica parking & any other tips wanted

I'm hoping to hit Comerica either Sept. 20 or 22. Just wondering where anyone's fairly close/cheap parking is located. Any other tips about bargains on seats or what seats to avoid would be appreciated, thanks! And how exactly does Kaline's Corner work? Also, it probably won't matter, but which side is the tarp on?
    Last edited by RuthMayBond; 09-02-2010 at 09:19 AM.
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Out in front of the stadium they have parking in lots, around some small buildings. Most of them are around 10 bucks. They dont look like the nicest places but they are perfectly fine. And the tarp is one the first base side.

This response is WAY too late. But it'll be good for others next season.

There is a lot at Elizabeth and Cass (3 long blocks from the stadium & across Woodward), that has parking for $5. Its less than a 10 minute walk to the park.

Its guarded and safe. If it wasn't, I wouldn't park my car there.

There isn't a bad place to sit in the park. I usually buy the cheapest ticket and move to more expensive seats every couple innings.

How did your trip to Comerica turn out for you?
    Last edited by doctor_gogol; 09-30-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_gogol View Post
    This response is WAY too late. But it'll be good for others next season.

There is a lot at Elizabeth and Cass (3 long blocks from the stadium & across Woodward), that has parking for $5. Its less than a 10 minute walk to the park.

Its guarded and safe. If it wasn't I wouldn't park my car there.
    I kind of wondered if there were any Tiger fans around
    I ended up at a place at Cass and something else. Also only $5, and my car was safe at least that night.
    Got some photos, a baseball in batting practice, a good night!
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    I kind of wondered if there were any Tiger fans around
    I ended up at a place at Cass and something else. Also only $5, and my car was safe at least that night.
    Got some photos, a baseball in batting practice, a good night!
    Sorry, RMB. I've been fortunate not to have to worry about parking when I have been fortunate enough to go to games at Comerica.

But you did get your baseball. Would you go back?
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin JEDI

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    Sorry, RMB. I've been fortunate not to have to worry about parking when I have been fortunate enough to go to games at Comerica.

But you did get your baseball. Would you go back?
    Sure. My $12 in right field was pretty nice.
    I guess I should ride the merry-go-round next time?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    Sure. My $12 in right field was pretty nice.
    I guess I should ride the merry-go-round next time?
    It's free on some games.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin JEDI