X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigRon
    • Jan 2009

My team will be the Lighthouse Point Bums. Lew will get it.

I don't have any computer graphics skills so I probably won't have a team logo, though it would be nice.

Comment

• rmadachik
      • Mar 2010

I will set you up with a logo ... along with any other teams who don't provide one
      Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• buppers
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BigRon View Post

I don't have any computer graphics skills so I probably won't have a team logo, though it would be nice.
        Just do what I do. Search for what you want through Google Image Search. Save it and use it
        There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• rmadachik
          • Mar 2010

urban_camo.jpg

How's this
          Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• catcher24
            The Tools of Ignorance
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by rmadachik View Post
            Draft Positions for 1901 Re-Draft (using a snake format)

1. Jamestown Express
            2. Assylum Inmates
            3. Detroit Tigers
            4. Richmond Rams
            5. Laquey Sharks
            6. Anaheim Angels
            7. Seattle Dragons
            8. Tennessee Pioneers
            9. Cleveland Spiders
            10. Kalamazoo Kumquats
            11. Big Ron's Team
            12. New Orleans Barons
            Absolutely incredible! Had this happened when the CKL formed, I can absolutely guarantee that Willie Mays would have been a Legend, not a Knight (well, he was a legend anyway, but not with a capital L). Now the tough decision - who to take? In my mind it comes down to three players: Honus Wagner, Nap Lajoie and Christy Mathewson. Comments, anyone?
            You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• buppers
              • Jan 2007

Hey Lew, They are my top 3 too Since pitchers only go every 4th or 5th game, I will go with Wagner or Lajoie. So basically, you are making my pick for me.( Unless you make the unlikely pick of Mathewson)

Ed

Comment

• catcher24
                The Tools of Ignorance
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BigRon View Post

Yup, I get it.

Here's another logo option:

bumslogo.jpg
                You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• dust bunnies
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by buppers View Post
                  Hey Lew, They are my top 3 too Since pitchers only go every 4th or 5th game, I will go with Wagner or Lajoie. So basically, you are making my pick for me.( Unless you make the unlikely pick of Mathewson)

Ed

Sure glad you all have player ratings figured out already. Anyone got some for sale?

Jack
                  Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• catcher24
                    The Tools of Ignorance
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by buppers View Post

Ed
                    Discussed this with Dan (Erik) as well, a couple of days ago. It will be either Wagner or Lajoie; just can't justify taking a pitcher, no matter how good, with the top pick. Leaning towards Wagner, but will have to take another look at their stats. Either way, Ed, I figure we both win this one. And the Tigers ain't in too bad shape, either, huh Dan (Scuba)?

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                      all of the time
                      • Feb 2006

Wagner is clearly the fourth-best player in this draft. There are three other guys I would absolutely take ahead of him without a moment's hesitation.

Comment

• catcher24
                        The Tools of Ignorance
                        • Feb 2004

Another possible logo for your consideration, Ron. I could also adjust the colors/font of the lettering, etc. if that interests you.

bumslogo2.jpg

Comment

• catcher24
                          The Tools of Ignorance
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
                          Wagner is clearly the fourth-best player in this draft. There are three other guys I would absolutely take ahead of him without a moment's hesitation.
                          Would that view have anything to do with the fact you're drafting FOURTH Dan?

Nice try though!!

Comment

• Wade8813
                            The Dark Knight = Amazing
                            • Jul 2006

I love how we can decide that a pitcher might be the best option available then simultaneously decide there's no way we want to take them because they only pitch every few days. I mean, by that logic, everyone should select their starting 9 before the first SP gets taken - and we all know that doesn't make any sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                              all of the time
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
                              Would that view have anything to do with the fact you're drafting FOURTH Dan?

Nice try though!!
                              Shhhhh. They'll figure it out.

Comment

• buppers
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                                I love how we can decide that a pitcher might be the best option available then simultaneously decide there's no way we want to take them because they only pitch every few days. I mean, by that logic, everyone should select their starting 9 before the first SP gets taken - and we all know that doesn't make any sense.

What we are saying is when several players are equally ranked then we will almost always take the position player. If you look over some CKL drafts you will see pitchers taken above position players early in the draft. The coming CKL draft should see Fernando go fast - probably before I pick at #4.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X