• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GordonGecko
    On the Inside
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by peterrod16 View Post
    Gordon is there a chance the yankees will sell out every home game this year?
    We know over 39,000 tickets are sold for Full STH& partial plans leaving 12,000 tickets left.
    I think the question fans really want to know is if "affordable" seats are going to be sold out, and I'm pretty sure they will be. You should be able to walk up any time and buy $400-$1250 seats to any non-premium game (opener, red sox, mets, old timers). But that doesn't mean you won't be able to get tickets, since I think all the people that bought season tickets on impulse will have a lot of extra tickets to sell and there's going to be a lot of supply on the secondary market. You'll be able to get tickets, just not from the Yankees or ticketmaster office (thank god)

Comment

• SparkyL
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
      I think the question fans really want to know is if "affordable" seats are going to be sold out, and I'm pretty sure they will be. You should be able to walk up any time and buy $400-$1250 seats to any non-premium game (opener, red sox, mets, old timers). But that doesn't mean you won't be able to get tickets, since I think all the people that bought season tickets on impulse will have a lot of extra tickets to sell and there's going to be a lot of supply on the secondary market. You'll be able to get tickets, just not from the Yankees or ticketmaster office (thank god)
      I would imagine they will have a stub hub booth like they added outside of RYS . . at some point it may be hard to tell who you are actually buying from - it will become like a commodities market. (Imagine buying futures on Yankees tickets?)

Comment

• SparkyL
        • Apr 2007

Supposedly the 41-game assignments are starting this upcoming week
        At some point is would be nice to know if 15 games partials are even going to get any tickets - I had a D-plan in 97 . . .

. . . but if we don't, how can they ever have the 15 game plans?

Comment

• hitman23
          Team Veteran
          • Oct 2008

Supposedly the 41-game assignments are starting this upcoming week

I feel bad for the partial season ticket holders....
          It seems not much will be available for them to pick from.

Comment

• monkeypants
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dragonyankee View Post
            . The majority of the 54K plus seats in stadium are being sold are reasonable prices for the average fan.

Personally I can't wait until opening day to enjoy the benefits of a beautiful New Yankee Stadium!
            By 54,000+ you mean of course 52,300 seats.

Comment

• Mattingly85MVP
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hitman23 View Post
              I feel bad for the partial season ticket holders....
              It seems not much will be available for them to pick from.
              It really stinks, I was banking on getting 2-15 game packages, sat and sun...doesn't look promising
              sigpic

Comment

• hitman23
                Team Veteran
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
                It really stinks, I was banking on getting 2-15 game packages, sat and sun...doesn't look promising

I don't think you'll have a problem getting your two 15 game packages.
                It's just the location might be a problem...

Instead of two 15 games plans, would you consider purchasing one 41 game plan?
                It might help your seat location, and you'll be purchasing only 11 more games.
                Just a thought...:twocents:

Comment

• argenys
                  • Mar 2008

If you have never had season tickets and are willing to purchase 5 41 game tickets is that even possible. Or is there a 50000000 person waiting line.

Comment

• SparkyL
                    • Apr 2007

One thing is for sure. They knew the seat configurations quite a while ago and could have started this process much earlier than they did. They could be done with this process already.

BTW - for those with Mets tickets as well . . did they try to push Full ST (including upgrades) as much as the Yankees seem to be doing?

Comment

• GordonGecko
                      On the Inside
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by argenys View Post
                      If you have never had season tickets and are willing to purchase 5 41 game tickets is that even possible. Or is there a 50000000 person waiting line.
                      If you're an existing licensee, my guess is you can get as many 41-game seats as you want when your turn comes up in the 41-game relocation pool (in order of seniority)
                      Last edited by GordonGecko; 01-24-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• hitman23
                        Team Veteran
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SparkyL View Post

BTW - for those with Mets tickets as well . . did they try to push Full ST (including upgrades) as much as the Yankees seem to be doing?

Not really...

I was able to get a Mets Saturday plan in section 517, on the computer, at 10:01am, on December 12, 2008. It seemed like it was first come first serve, through the internet only.

For my full season Yankee tickets, they called me on December 16th, and I chose between certain locations.

So the teams did things a little differently.

Comment

• Mattingly85MVP
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hitman23 View Post
                          I don't think you'll have a problem getting your two 15 game packages.
                          It's just the location might be a problem...

Instead of two 15 games plans, would you consider purchasing one 41 game plan?
                          It might help your seat location, and you'll be purchasing only 11 more games.
                          Just a thought...:twocents:
                          I was thinking about it, but for the most part, its really difficult for me to make the weekday games because of work (when I do, I have make up an excuse to leave work at 3-4pm so I can beat the traffic and make batting practice) and the 41 game plan only has 14 sat/sun games compared to 26 in the two 15 game packages.
                          sigpic

Comment

• hitman23
                            Team Veteran
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
                            I was thinking about it, but for the most part, its really difficult for me to make the weekday games because of work (when I do, I have make up an excuse to leave work at 3-4pm so I can beat the traffic and make batting practice) and the 41 game plan only has 14 sat/sun games compared to 26 in the two 15 game packages.

I hear ya....

It's all about priorities...
                            Mine was seat location, and guaranteed playoff tickets, in the same seats...

If you're into the weekend games, and the weekday games are a hassle with work, then you're better off buying the two weekend plans..

Comment

• argenys
                              • Mar 2008

If you're an existing licensee, my guess is you can get as many 41-game seats as you want when your turn comes up in the 41-game relocation pool (in order of seniority)
                              But what if I never had a license... Does that mean there is no way of me getting them?

Comment

• GordonGecko
                                On the Inside
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by argenys View Post
                                But what if I never had a license... Does that mean there is no way of me getting them?
                                Nobody knows yet what will be left for new business. I'd guess the pickings will be slim but who knows

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X