Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PJ-34
    • Oct 2006

I haven't gone to school this week because I've pretended to be sick. i don't think my parents will believe me then.

Comment

• Chris from NY
      • Apr 2005

I think you need to get your priorities straight, Scout. Watching baseball > Going to school. dropping out would be worth to never miss a game.

Please don't take that literally. The last thing I need is having the guilt of contributing another uneducated schmuck into the depths of menial manual labour jobs.

Seriously though. I'm not sure what the official reason for this is. Like Big Mac said, you can;t argue with afternoon baseball.
      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

• PJ-34
        • Oct 2006

Uhhh...ok that's odd. We sign Rios to a ONE year contract? can someone tell me why because I'm sure I'm missing something here because the Jays wouldn't get rid of someone like Rios...right?

Comment

• Chris from NY
          • Apr 2005

So they could avoid going to arbitration. This gives them time to work on a new deal without using the arbitration process.

Comment

• Big_Mac
            • Apr 2005

it's a smart move. arbitration is a bad process for both sides and no one wants to go through it unless they have too.

Comment

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
              Many Registered Uses
              • Jun 2005

BTW:

Some interesting discussion involving key people in the Blue Jays culture over in CE: http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=73445.
              WAMCO!

Comment

• PJ-34
                • Oct 2006

Quick thing, wasn't Ryan due back like after the all-star break? it seems he is healthy and ready to go that's an awesome sign I loved his dominance in 06, everytime he came on I knew the best part of the game was about to begin.

Comment

• Chris from NY
                  • Apr 2005

I just hope we see the same B.J. Ryan we did before the surgery. It would be such a waste of a talented arm if he were unable to regain his old form.

Comment

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
                    Many Registered Uses
                    • Jun 2005

I really don't think they should be bringing him back this early. We've all seen what can happen when a guy says he's healthy, and comes back too soon. Then before you know it he's out for the rest of this year too. They have Accardo, who did a great job last year. League might be able to step in too this season, so I see no reason to rush BJ back. A TJ surgery generally takes a full year to heal, and if he's pitching in ST then that's barely 10 months. I just don't see the reason to rush him back like this.

Here's hoping that he knows what he's doing, and that we have a healthy BJ this season

PS: Incidentally, I was at his last game before the surgery last season, when he blew a huge lead against the Tigers. Here's a shot of him. Maybe this is the one that did the final damage ....

IMG_5096 - resize.jpg
                    Last edited by Richmond Hill Phoenix; 02-15-2008, 08:58 AM.
                    WAMCO!

Comment

• Chris from NY
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
                      I really don't think they should be bringing him back this early. We've all seen what can happen when a guy says he's healthy, and comes back too soon.
                      And the thing about B.J. is that he's such a competitor. You know he's itching to get back asap. I hope he's not rushing along in hopes of being ready.

Comment

• PJ-34
                        • Oct 2006

Great article on bluejays.com about Travis Snider and him dealing with the loss of his mother, best friend, grandparents and coach all in two years. I liked reading it.

The official website of the Toronto Blue Jays with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Comment

• Big_Mac
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Chris from NY View Post
                          And the thing about B.J. is that he's such a competitor. You know he's itching to get back asap. I hope he's not rushing along in hopes of being ready.
                          bj is more important to us in july-august then he is april-may, accardo can hold the back of the fort down in the first few months. lets hope gibbons or management steps up and eases ryan into the season because rushing him back can cause a repeat of last year, maybe even worse.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X