X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SouthernBelle
    Irritated with MLB
    • Jun 2007

I just took a look at tonight's score against San Diego--he's homered again!

The man clearly is going to go out on a high note. Good for him!

But boy, will he be missed for the next, oh, 20 years or so. :bowdown:
    "We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present." --Crash Davis

Comment

• tadlock11
      • Dec 2005

He's gonna catch

Anyone going to Saturdays game? He is supposed to catch the first inning or two for Backe. This should be a treat.

Comment

• James A
        • Jan 2006

I think Biggio also holds the career team record for being instrumental in the most Astros managerial careers being torpedoed.

Comment

• nolanryan5714
          Former Astros Mod
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tadlock11 View Post
          Anyone going to Saturdays game? He is supposed to catch the first inning or two for Backe. This should be a treat.
          Yeah, I was there, watching from Champion's Pavillion. WOW, was it great!!!

I'll never forget that game, for so many reasons. Maybe I'll list 'em sometime.
          -David
          Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and FAQ Section before posting.
          "Some mistakes I guess we never stop paying for." -Roy Hobbs, The Natural

Ever wonder about the fastest pitch ever thrown? Click this link.

Comment

• SamtheBravesFan
            Braves Fan For Life
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by James A View Post
            I think Biggio also holds the career team record for being instrumental in the most Astros managerial careers being torpedoed.
            I... think they did a good enough job killing their own careers without Biggio's help. Where do these people come from?
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• Long Island Mike
              • Sep 2009

Craig Biggio #7 - A native Long Islander...

Everyone: I am new here and from looking over this vast site I noticed this topic on Craig Biggio. He grew up in an adjacent town here on LI-Smithtown. He was a graduate of Smithtown West HS I believe in 1984. I recall he grew up a Mets fan as many back then on LI did but not only did he make it all the way to MLB he played for one team-the Astros-his entire career as we all know here. He definitely is one of the most stand-out players to come from LI in recent years.

One thing I later found out about him was that during a HS baseball game back in 1983 or 1984 he was on the field when a teammate was struck and killed by lightning during a game. I even remember the storms vaguely-they were particularly nasty- and that tragedy stood out in my mind being a weather fan also. I remember that he was very observant and apprehensive concerning lightning storms-rightfully so in my opinion after what happened.

Playing in Houston in the Astrodome and then Minute Maid Park was a good fit for him and being a one-team career player just makes me respect him all that much more. He should be a prime nominee for the Baseball Hall of Fame when he becomes eligible.

In closing: Thanks,Craig to a great baseball career! Long Island Mike

Comment

• SamtheBravesFan
                Braves Fan For Life
                • Nov 2005

It's pretty interesting to see what I wrote two years ago.
                46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X