• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cubsfan97
    Im for the Cubs!
    • Aug 2005

Twins throwback uniform

Im watching the Twins/Indians right now and they are wearing the retros. Well the Twins have "STPG" on their hats and jersey, and I have no idea what it means. Do any of you?
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!
  • mwiggins
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
    Im watching the Twins/Indians right now and they are wearing the retros. Well the Twins have "STPG" on their hats and jersey, and I have no idea what it means. Do any of you?
    It's a Negro League Tribute game. The Twins were wearing the uniforms from the 1909 St. Paul Gophers.

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
      2005 World Series Champs
      • Jun 2010

yeah i saw that they had those on too the other day i was wondering the same thing-- thanks m wiggins - i knew they used to be the washington nationals/senators whatever name i guess you would want to call them back then. you know i didnt know that there official name was actually the washington nationals from like 1904-1954 somethign like that but everyone still called em the senators.
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• KHenry14
        Gigantes Moderator
        • Feb 2004

All I know is the throwbacks they wore yesterday, which were evidently from the Killebrew era, were really nice. They out to wear those more often.
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• mwiggins
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
          All I know is the throwbacks they wore yesterday, which were evidently from the Killebrew era, were really nice. They out to wear those more often.
          I believe those were their '61 Throwbacks that they've been wearing every Saturday at home this year. I love those. Much nicer than their current uniforms.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X