• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AznInvasion
    For the love of the game
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
    Westlake, are we doing a ballpark draft or is it first come, first serve? (I already called PetCo if it's the latter )
    I'm gonna take Safeco Park then.
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

• JordanDL3891
      Yankee Fan
      • May 2006

Originally posted by AznInvasion View Post
      I'm gonna take Safeco Park then.
      i've already called Yankee Stadium I post 1974 (been on my post in the roster thread for the past month)
      LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

• Westlake
        • Jan 2007

No, we're having a draft for stadiums as well. Here's the randomized order (I know, i know, I wanted to do it over again when I saw I was first just so I didn't have to hear it -- but figured you guys are just going to have to trust me)

westlake
        kyle
        DMF
        splendidsplinter
        williamsburg
        chrisduncan
        WCF
        Jordan
        AznInvasion
        ErikBedard
        Wade
        ronnie5

This wont have to officially start until Noon CT on the 30th (to make sure everyone sees this), but since i'm first i'll make my pick, and you guys can continue if you like, but no one will be skipped until the 30th.

8 HR clocks.
        Originally posted by Domenic
        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Westlake
          • Jan 2007

I'll take Yankee Stadium.
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Williamsburg2599
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
            No, we're having a draft for stadiums as well. Here's the randomized order (I know, i know, I wanted to do it over again when I saw I was first just so I didn't have to hear it -- but figured you guys are just going to have to trust me)

westlake
            kyle
            DMF
            splendidsplinter
            williamsburg
            chrisduncan
            WCF
            Jordan
            AznInvasion
            ErikBedard
            Wade
            ronnie5

This wont have to officially start until Noon CT on the 30th (to make sure everyone sees this), but since i'm first i'll make my pick, and you guys can continue if you like, but no one will be skipped until the 30th.

8 HR clocks.
            Do the Parks have to be current, still standing but not in use (like the Astrodome or Tiger) or current, or any time period?

Comment

• Westlake
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
              Do the Parks have to be current, still standing but not in use (like the Astrodome or Tiger) or current, or any time period?
              Current parks still used.

Comment

• JordanDL3891
                Yankee Fan
                • May 2006

I don't have the program you are using to sim - what variables about a ballpark go into effect? I'm guessing wall height, distance from homeplate, but are there any others? Altitude? Type of grass, size of foul teritory... ect.

Aw, I was hoping the draft would snake back for the stadium draft like the old one, but it's your game - your call.
                LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

• Westlake
                  • Jan 2007

I dont have the program im using for the sim either yet, so I dont know.

Comment

• AznInvasion
                    For the love of the game
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
                    I don't have the program you are using to sim - what variables about a ballpark go into effect? I'm guessing wall height, distance from homeplate, but are there any others? Altitude? Type of grass, size of foul teritory... ect.

Aw, I was hoping the draft would snake back for the stadium draft like the old one, but it's your game - your call.
                    Ya I would of preferred reverse order too. Now I'm gonna get stuck with a park I didn't want most likely.

Comment

• Westlake
                      • Jan 2007

Ya I would of preferred reverse order too. Now I'm gonna get stuck with a park I didn't want most likely.
                      No, really?

It would have been reverse order if it was some non-snake draft, but since it was, I dont see the point of rewarding anybody for being on the bottom half of a snake draft.

Comment

• AznInvasion
                        For the love of the game
                        • Mar 2006

No, really?

It would have been reverse order if it was some non-snake draft, but since it was, I dont see the point of rewarding anybody for being on the bottom half of a snake draft.
                        I'm just saying it seems more reasonable even if it's snake. We should of voted before we made the decision.

Comment

• Westlake
                          • Jan 2007

I'm just saying it seems more reasonable even if it's snake. We should of voted before we made the decision.
                          Why is it more reasonable? Voted? I dont want to have to get everyone to vote over something like that. You wouldnt be complaining if you were at the top of list -- seriously, its not that big of a deal.

Comment

• AznInvasion
                            For the love of the game
                            • Mar 2006

I'm not complaining. I just wanted more input. I know the park isn't huge. I'm dropping the "complaint" as u would call it. The vote could of been like a 24 HR vote where it closes. So the active ones would of voted. We didn't need everyone.

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                              all of the time
                              • Feb 2006

I honestly don't care whether the draft reverses order or uses the new one. I go in the same slot either way.

Comment

• Westlake
                                • Jan 2007

westlake
                                kyle
                                DMF
                                splendidsplinter
                                williamsburg
                                chrisduncan
                                WCF
                                Jordan
                                AznInvasion
                                ErikBedard
                                Wade
                                ronnie5

8 HR clocks.
                                Hoping everyone sees this...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X