X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tfc3rid
    Heading South
    • Feb 2008

BTW, for purposes of curiosity... Since I'll actually be in ATL next bb season I looked at 2010 AT LST's. Back again are the $250 full season plans but also noticed that Upper Level Row 3 behind home plate for $830... Man what a deal.

Comment

• ribant
      • Dec 2008

Info for plan holders fron the Mets

I just got off the phone with the box office and learned
      1. Plan holder invoices likely will not be sent until December - a slight contradiction with earlier information
      2. If you have multiple plans in one account you will get an all or nothing invoice.
      3. The same five fifteen game plans will be offered
      4. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday plans will have the same 10/5 game breakdown as last year
      5. The usual procedure for upgrades and changes will apply
      6. Fourty game plan plans are up in the air?????
      7. Packs will not be offered due to "lack of inventory"

I think there will some kind of packs or smaller plans available if sales do not meet projections. Whatever those projections might be.

I can't imagine not offering half season plans so maybe they are not sure what seating areas to include until sales gets a feel for FST renewals

Comment

• tfc3rid
        Heading South
        • Feb 2008

Wow... It will be interesting to see how many renewals they get...

Comment

• Ralf
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
          Wow... It will be interesting to see how many renewals they get...
          I honestly think they'll lose 1/3 of their STH.

Comment

• tfc3rid
            Heading South
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Ralf View Post
            Quite possible. A lot of it has to do with the anticipation that was 2009... 2010, eh, low expectations, ballpark isn't new...

Comment

• Mister B.
              NYM: The fun never stops
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              Isn't it ironic that the fans in STEERAGE (Mr. B???) are the only fans that can't use the super exclusive prom club in 2010 ??? And Mets fans still think the Wilpons care about people in the cheap seats. What a riot !!!!!
              Yeah, I caught the reference, you don't miss a thing, do ya bud.

Anyway, I just "heard" that parking is going up a buck to $19. Any confirmation on that out there?

Notice also the shrewd payment options for full STH. If they had required full payment by check in December, they'd fail miserably because people need cash for the holidays. So, they ask for a mouseclick authorizing a modest 20% deposit, chargeable to a credit card that can be paid in January. Then: bang, they've GOTCHA because it's nonrefundable if you have second thoughts later on and want out.

Comment

• supremebeing002
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                Agreed. Especially if they don't make a spalsh FA wise.

Comment

• Jim Vaz
                  • Oct 2007

Agreed with everyones comments, that whole thing, at least from that perspective is just AWFUL! Obviously we all have better shots of Citi, but that is just a mess.

Here's a few things to keep in mind and perspective.

1. Even if those ads were there it would still look pitiful simply because of the iron triangle mess that sits right next to it.

2. Once the iron triangle area of Willets point is cleared and rebuilt Citi field wil blend in much better. Its not a matter if but when the area gets rebuilt.
                  Look at sort of the way the Twin Towers looked when they first went up in the early 70s. It had nothing around them and they looked awful from the hudson river side. People viewed the towers as an eyesore. Once they started adding in buildings in the mid 80s did the twin towers finally look in place and blend into the rest of downtown. By the time the tragic events of 9/11 happened the towers were beloved and a symbol of NYC. Its going to be the same thing with Citi Field as far as blending in. Granted the ads are still atrocious and you would hope that changes, but it still would look better if not for the acres of run down garages and warehouses and the rusting carcases of old cars.

3. Lets all keep things in perspective. People were killing new Yankee stadium from day 1 and some still do today, however notice how a lot of the negativity left once the team started winning. All the talk of balls leaving the yards, obstructions, lack of crowd noise, etc all went away, at least the majority of it.
                  Same falls true for the Mets. had things gone better in 2009 Citi Fields image would not be so tarnished as it is. You couple the stadium issues with a lousy team and it makes for a combustable situation. Everything is negative right now about not only the Mets but the stadium, the fans, everything.
                  The ONLY thing that will cure that is if the Mets can start winning again, and maybe by the graces of god at some point in our lifetimes win big and win that 3rd world series title. Much would then be forgotten. Obvioulsy not everyone will be happy and get in line, but a vast majority of the Mets fans and their entire pysche would be re affirmed.
                  Last edited by Jim Vaz; 11-11-2009, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• schnu
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by peterrod16 View Post
                    so prom box holders get access to the prom club
                    interesting
                    update
                    everyone can vist the prom club except prom reserve & infield customers.
                    Was it me or was the Prom Club ever crowded outside a rain delay? I looked at it a bunch of times and never recall seeing people standing around in there, especially during a game.

Comment

• HappyGilmore
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ribant View Post
                      I just got off the phone with the box office and learned
                      1. Packs will not be offered due to "lack of inventory"

Comment

• dstoffa
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by schnu View Post
                        Was it me or was the Prom Club ever crowded outside a rain delay? I looked at it a bunch of times and never recall seeing people standing around in there, especially during a game.
                        There was almost never a line at the bar.

Even when it was open to all, and definitely not when it was opened only to the privileged few.

Cheers!
                        -Doug
                        20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• robardin
                          Orange + Blue Pincushion
                          • Apr 2009

As I've said earlier, I'm definitely not renewing my FST plan in Section 332, nor my Saturday plan in Section 339 Row 9. If they're going to keep offering the "Saturday" plan as a 10/5 with no playoff guarantees and no infield seats other than a few rear rows of PRI (probably taken), then I will skip on the Sat plan completely.

That said, I'd still be up for a FST somewhere else, in Prom Club or Prom Box. Gonna talk to my rep. I would think/hope there would be openings with people not renewing. I'm expecting the answer would be "we won't know until Dec. 6th", but I would also expect that as a current plan holder who's paid his dues and is looking to relocate, I should be at the front of the queue for open seats in my desired categories.

If that can't be arranged, I will look to buy in a partial plan share with another plan holder. I'd prefer to be the plan holder of record myself for long term stability, though.
                          «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
                            Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by robardin View Post
                            I would also expect that as a current plan holder who's paid his dues and is looking to relocate, I should be at the front of the queue for open seats in my desired categories.
                            If the Mets didn't put the full season ticket holder with the greatest seniority at the front of the line for seat choices at Citi Field in 2009, I'd say your status as a current plan holder doesn't mean snickerdoodle to them.
                            My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
                            https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• robardin
                              Orange + Blue Pincushion
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                              If the Mets didn't put the full season ticket holder with the greatest seniority at the front of the line for seat choices at Citi Field in 2009, I'd say your status as a current plan holder doesn't mean snickerdoodle to them.
                              Back in 2008 they had (or thought they would have) a flood of people beating their door down to get full season plans in good seats at Citi Field. After 2009, they are going to have a flood of people beating down the door, to get out. The ballpark is not new, many sight lines are disappointing, the best seats are still stratospherically priced and there are still more games in the "Gold" category than any other.

Given my druthers I'd get full season's tickets for Caesars Gold, Section 322 or 323, Row 4 or 5, my very favorite views in the park. But they AVERAGE $161.95 per ticket, and cost $196 per ticket more often than not (the Gold price)! For a regular season baseball game, in the third level of seating, for a ballclub that is not exactly riding high on the waves of achievement. Even for success like the Yankees have experienced, I wouldn't shell out that kind of money.

Compared that to the Loge Inner Box price from Shea (which averaged about $57 in 2006, I don't have a 2008 price guide handy). Multiply it by an extreme factor of 200% to represent the move to a newer and smaller ballpark, and that would still "only" come to $115 per ticket. $162 is 284+% higher.

Put another way: to move down from Inner Mezz Box to Inner Loge Box at Shea for a full season in 2006, you went from 3,183 to 4,630, a factor of about 145.50%. To move from Prom Club down to Caesars Gold, you go from 4,716 to 13,118, a factor of about 278.16%. If you accept Caesars Bronze, then it's 4,716 to 7,860, or 166.67%. It ain't right.

If Caesars Gold cost what Caesars Bronze does, and Caesars Bronze cost what PC Gold does (5,895 for a season per seat, or about 72.50 per ticket), they'd sell a lot more of them. I'd probably even go for Caesars Bronze.
                              Last edited by robardin; 11-11-2009, 11:51 AM.
                              «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• IDRAFT1
                                • Mar 2009

Way Too Little, Way Too Late

So I got my invoice yesterday, my tickets went from an average of $75 per game to $72.77.

Forget 10% (which was not enough) they didn't cut prices 5%. Wow. This for tickets where I was lucky to get $50 per game from July on.

They are delusional, and why would anybody renew? Again, no discount versus single game prices.

I look forward to picking and choosing which games I go to and paying half of these prices via Mets ticket office panic sales (a week or so before games) and on Stubhub.

And then on the very odd chance they make the playoffs I will have all my savings to pay whatever it costs to get into those games. If they make it.

The Mets should use the Syms line only change it around.

"An uneducated consumer is our best customer."

I've learned my lesson.

R.I.P. to my account, 1984-2009.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X