Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best orioles superstar ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the best orioles superstar ever?

I think Brooks Robinson was the best ever!
    Brooks Robinson
    20.00%
    Frank Robinson
    40.00%
    Cal Ripken
    40.00%

From the list, overall, I'd say Frank Robinson. Of course, he only spent six years with the Orioles, but counting his overall career, mostly with the Reds, he was the best of the three. Counting just the time with the Orioles, Brooks and Cal would give him a run (though that fabulous triple crown season looms heavy). Guys like Jim Palmer and Eddie Murray could easily be thrown into the mix too.

Comment

I think the reason cal got the votes here is because they never saw brooks or frank play in person.

Comment

Frank was the most dynamic player they ever had.

Comment

The most dynamic player that the orioles ever had was Cal Ripken Jr.... And no one will ever come close.....

Comment

Originally posted by El Nino Linares
            The most dynamic player that the orioles ever had was Cal Ripken Jr.... And no one will ever come close.....
            Did you ever actuly watch brooks or frank play in person?

Comment

i think brooks because he is my favorite player.And Cal was good but i think brooks is better.but i think brooks is tied with frank but brooks is my favorite player so i choose him.

little brian- age 10

and i watched brooks frank and cal play

Comment

best ever: Cal
                Cristobal

Comment

If this is a popularity contest then it is Brooks or Cal. The best career as an Oriole is most likely Eddie Murray or Jim Palmer. I assume of course you are ignoring their SLB origins.

Since this seems to be an unobjective poll, I have seen all the players named play going back to the day the Orioles began play in Baltimore.
                  Last edited by KCGHOST; 11-28-2005, 07:21 AM.
                  Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Brooks and frank

You guys should watch Brooks and frank play then you would have voted for one of them
                    Brooks Robinson
                    Frank Robinson
                    Luis Aparicio
                    Robin Roberts
                    Reggie Jackson
                    Eddie Murray
                    Hoyt Wilhelm
                    Cal Ripken Jr.
                    George Kell
                    Earl Weaver
                    Jim Palmer
                    All Baltimore Orioles' hall of famers.
                    P.S. Brooks Robinson was the best!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kripler1
                      You guys should watch Brooks and frank play then you would have voted for one of them
                      HAHAHA

I hope my son loves the Red Sox as much as you love the Orioles, Brian.

My favorite player is Cal, Orioles or any other team.
                      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

cal was great but he was saddled with a team that on average won 10-15 games fewer per season that brooks' clubs

Comment

Originally posted by Kripler1
                          I saw em both play.I will always be greatful i had an oppitunity to see em both play at memorial stadium in person.

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
                            I saw em both play.I will always be greatful i had an oppitunity to see em both play at memorial stadium in person.
                            I am immensely envious.

Comment

I'm jealous too. I wish I could've seen the glory days of Robinson-Robinson-Powell!

Frank Robinson usually gets my vote for best career Oriole, despite playing more seasons in Cincy. Whether the team was headed for good times or not, Frank is given credit for crystallizing the organization for two decades, including those great years after he left.

However, if you ask for the greatest superstar in O's history, it'd be between Cal and Brooks. After witnessing the events surrounding Cal's retirement, I must put Mr. Ripken at the head of the class. He was Mr. Baltimore for a long, long time and something tells me the organization did not bend over backwards for Brooks as much as they did for Cal.
                              http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X