Kris Benson to the Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Benson to the Rescue

with benson we have a legit #3 starter -- now how about a couple of aces so we can compete?

Originally posted by bkmckenna
    with benson we have a legit #3 starter -- now how about a couple of aces so we can compete?
    I think Benson will be good addition to this club.
    This moves gives us five legitimate starters.
    baseball nutcase

Comment

I hope we didn't give away too much in Maine because Benson is a run-of-the-mill starting pitcher. We'll just have to cross our fingers.

Our rotation probably looks like this now:

R Rodrigo Lopez
      L Eric Bedard
      R Kris Benson
      L Bruce Chen
      R Daniel Cabrera

...not pretty but with Ponson, DuBose and Riley replaced with Benson and Chen, we've improved the staff over 2004-2005.

It still comes down to the development of our youngsters, meaning Bedard and Cabrera for 2006 and our glut of young pitchers down the line.
      http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

I'd be careful of Kris Benson, as somebody told me he wasn't exactly a great pitcher. And that somebody was my father, an actual Met fan, who was disappointed in Benson last season ('05). I think he's an okay pitcher, not like a key pitcher (able to win 80% of their games), but there are worse pitchers.

I think Kris will light up the rotation, which was a big hole for the O's past few seasons.

Comment

Hopefully we made the right choice in getting Benson. Lord knows where that money we are paying him is going...right into his wife Anna's bank account. So we finally got rid of Albert Belle's contract, and now we are using that money to pay Anna Benson...great!
          "Candlestick made me a man" -Will Clark

"Real Giants fans loved them BEFORE and AFTER Barry Bonds came along"

Comment

Kris Benson to the Rescue

You are going to get 12-15 wins from Kris, the Orioles robbed him from the Mets, I don't what Omar Minaya was thinking other then lets trade Anna for a little more then bag of balls. It was no more then a trade to get Anna out of town, you all know Julio has been horrible the last 3 years and Maine is a suspect.
            Lets support Gil Hodges for The Hall of Fame, a true Hall of Famer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz
              Hopefully we made the right choice in getting Benson. Lord knows where that money we are paying him is going...right into his wife Anna's bank account. So we finally got rid of Albert Belle's contract, and now we are using that money to pay Anna Benson...great!
              The price you pay for marrying a hot nymphomaniac.
              I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hagersbush
                I think Benson will be good addition to this club.
                This moves gives us five legitimate starters.
                love your optimism - we'll see in august and september

Comment

It's true, we do have five legit starters which is more than some teams can say... however we'll need somebody to step up and carry the rotation (hopefully Bedard the malcontent or maybe Cabrera will start being more consistent).

Say what you will about management, execution or luck, but the single biggest worry on everyone's mind inside the organization is how to compete with New York and Boston. It's also the single biggest reason why free agents shy away from the Orioles--how can they possibly win with New York and Boston in their division? It has to be done internally and until our youngsters are truly ready to shine it won't happen.

Comment

I'd be more excited about his wife being there then him.

Comment

Benson brings some depth to our rotation, not much else. Solid pick-up IMO.

Comment

I think that if this rotation stays healthy it'll be alot better than people expect it to be. Benson also has a hot wife.

Comment

Hot wife aside, bluejays...

There's a possibility--a possibility mind you--that the Blue Jays and Orioles rotations will be better than the Yankees and Red Sox rotations this next year. Obviously Mazzone and Hernandez would need to spur our rotation along but we do have the talent. And Toronto, well they have a bit of depth but also one of the premier pitchers in the game leading them. Many of the Yanks/Sawx starters are over the hill.

Would you agree with that? And to let you know, I'll be pulling for Toronto except against B-more (or if by magic they're both in the wild card race).

Comment

I think that the Orioles have alot of younger pitchers. I know that Bedard flashed some good potential last year, but got injured and Bruce Chen came out of nowhere. Mazzone has the tools, I suppose, to make good with these young pitchers very similar to what he did with Smoltz, Glavine, Avery etc. so many years ago in Atlanta. There is the potential for the O's and Jays to have better rotations, but there are many "ifs."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X