Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 - Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2018 - Baltimore Orioles

    With opening day two days away, I thought I would pass through and render a couple of predictions about the upcoming season......

    75-87 ---- my prediction for this season

    I would have loved to flip those numbers, but.... I think it wise to stick to 75 wins.

    It will be interesting to see how things play out with Manny Machado's negoiations.... . It will also be interesting to see how Chris Davis performs. The past couple of years have been painful for me to watch his at bats. I would give about anything to see him hit .275 with a few less home runs and about 50 more runs batted in.

    Anyone out there care to venture prediction or two on the upcoming season?

  • #2
    Nice walk off win today in the bottom of the 11th..... Adam Jones with the solo shot to send the Oriole faithful home happy.

    Comment


    • #3
      It was nice to see Chris Tillman have a great outing vs. Detroit last night by going 7 innings and only giving up one hit....

      Now if only Chris Davis could adust...

      Comment


      • #4
        Just want to make a passing comment on last night's (5/5/18) 2-0 loss in Oakland. Hats off to Kevin Gausman and his fine pitching performance. Nine shutout innings was a fine thing to watch.

        As excellent as Gausman was, the inability to find a hit with runners in scoring position along with 20 strikeouts was excruciating. Oakland's pitcher, Trevor Cahill was very good and deserves respect.

        The Chris Davis meltdown continues. How much longer? How much longer until he will consider adjusting?

        Comment


        • #5
          Opinions on how well Machado is fielding at short? Can he handle it there long term?
          R.I.P. Farmio
          Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

          Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

          Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
            Opinions on how well Machado is fielding at short? Can he handle it there long term?
            In my humble opinion, Manny has been fine defensively at short, and the defensive move to short has not caused any issues for him offensively.

            I sincerely believe that Manny will be a successful shortstop as long as doesn’t suffer an injury or old age reduces his range.

            I will confess though that I miss him making that play at third where he would backhand a rocket over the third base bag and make the throw across his body to first base.

            Comment


            • #7
              It grows more and more painful to watch Chris Davis at the plate. Davis struck out four times last night (5/19/18) against the Red Sox and has strikeouts in each of his last six plate appearances.

              Perhaps the Orioles should let the pitchers hit and DH for Davis.....

              Simply brutal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ryors View Post

                In my humble opinion, Manny has been fine defensively at short, and the defensive move to short has not caused any issues for him offensively.

                I sincerely believe that Manny will be a successful shortstop as long as doesn’t suffer an injury or old age reduces his range.

                I will confess though that I miss him making that play at third where he would backhand a rocket over the third base bag and make the throw across his body to first base.
                Has he been "good" at short, while he was "great" at third? I'm just wondering if you thought there was enough of a drop going from third to short (relative to the positions) that you'd have a preference as to which is better for him to play.
                R.I.P. Farmio
                Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

                Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

                Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post

                  Has he been "good" at short, while he was "great" at third? I'm just wondering if you thought there was enough of a drop going from third to short (relative to the positions) that you'd have a preference as to which is better for him to play.
                  For what my opinion is worth, I don't think he has played enough games at shortstop to really differentiate between good/great. I do think at minimum Manny's performance at shortstop only makes him more valuable since he can play both positions at a high level.

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X