Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Means throws THIRD no-hitter of 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Means throws THIRD no-hitter of 2021!

O's ace John Means no-hit the Mariners this afternoon in Seattle, and was a dropped-third-strike advancement in the third inning away from a perfect game. (Pedro Severino erased Sam Haggerty trying to steal second immediately afterward.) It was the first Oriole no-hitter since 1991–when Bob Milacki, Mike Flanagan, Mark Williamson and Gregg Olson had combined to no-hit the A's 2-0–and the first complete-game Oriole no-hitter since Jim Palmer's in 1969, when he also did it against the A's.

Full bottom of the 9th:

All 27 outs:

Postgame interview with MLB Network:

Means' final line: 9 IP, SHO, 0 H, 12 K, 0 BB on 113 pitches.

As an outsider, he looks very promising on a young team with not a lot of obvious bright spots.

Originally posted by pedrosrotatorcuff View Post
    O's ace John Means no-hit the Mariners this afternoon in Seattle, and was a dropped-third-strike advancement in the third inning away from a perfect game. (Pedro Severino erased Sam Haggerty trying to steal second immediately afterward.) It was the first Oriole no-hitter since 1991–when Bob Milacki, Mike Flanagan, Mark Williamson and Gregg Olson had combined to no-hit the A's 2-0–and the first complete-game Oriole no-hitter since Jim Palmer's in 1969, when he also did it against the A's.

Full bottom of the 9th:

All 27 outs:

Postgame interview with MLB Network:

Means' final line: 9 IP, SHO, 0 H, 12 K, 0 BB on 113 pitches.

As an outsider, he looks very promising on a young team with not a lot of obvious bright spots.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

I think actually it is the second, mlb doesn't count bumgarner's 7 inning no hitter.
      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
        I think actually it is the second, mlb doesn't count bumgarner's 7 inning no hitter.
        Well, it should really be the FOURTH this year. Means' is the third official one... Joe Musgrove had the first against the Rangers on April 9th, then Carlos Rodon's against Cleveland was on the 14th, and MadBum's (unofficial one) was on the 25th.
        Last edited by pedrosrotatorcuff; 05-06-2021, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X