No announcement yet.

Orioles Baseball Song Late 60s early 70s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the Trouble between today and back then.Back then the Birds were an awesome team.That 1965-1973 team was loaded in talent.They had Power,Speed,Pitching and a solid defense.The Problem in that era only the away games were on WJZ TV.Just imagine if Satelite Systems were cheap back then? You could watch all orioles home games from the other teams network.But Satelite Dishes didnt come out for home use until from 1977 and on.And Get this.Remember NBC Game of the week back in 1960s though 1970s? and when WBAL TV was NBC TV back in that time never allowed the orioles televised when theyre at home.In fact WRC TV 4 was D.C network of NBC and i put on Channel 4 To watch the Orioles.Nowadays Channel 13 and CSN carry all orioles games on TV and our days might be numbered now because of lack of attendance the orioles been getting now.I Wonder Peter Angelos will just pull the plug and start making orioles home games on PPV?

Comment

I bet he would do that...and then the baseball package would have to carry them.....

*sob*

Wouldn't they?
      Orioles: Once fine organization, being run into the ground by Peter Angelos.

Comment

And remember the orioles used to have the Homerun Derby Inning Contest on WJZ TV? If i owned them my promotion would be.The Money Inning You can win money if your name is selected. Like if an oriole gets a base hit,You win $25 If he hits a Double You win $50 If he hits a Triple its $150.But heres the homer thing.The Jackpot starts off $3,500 If an Oriole hits a Homer you win that $3,500 But if he hits a homer with one man on You win $7,000 But if he hits with 2 men on its $10,500 But heres the Biggie.If he hits a grand slam homer you win 1 million dollars.The Promotion is sponcer by Maryland State Lotto. But if oriole strikes out flys out or ground out you get no money You do win 4 free tickets at a future orioles home game.Would that be fun cheering for the birds and win money while youre at it?

Comment

Oriole Baseball Lyrics

I am an Oriole fan that grew up in Brewster, NY. That's right, I am from a suburb of New York, and I love the Orioles, and I hate the Yankees. The first time I heard the "Oriole Baseball" song was the summer of 1976. After 7 PM, we were able to get WBAL in Baltimore on our AM Radio. Here are the lyrics, as requested:
          ORIOLE BASEBALL
          Oriole baseball! It's father and son having fun together. It's you and your number one, underneath the lights or in the sun, having fun together. More than wins, more than losses, more than just a game on Oriole baseball. It's everyone having fun, being one, together. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball........... FADE[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Oriole Baseball Lyrics

I am an Oriole fan that grew up in Brewster, NY. That's right, I am from a suburb of New York, and I love the Orioles, and I hate the Yankees. The first time I heard the "Oriole Baseball" song was the summer of 1976. After 7 PM, we were able to get WBAL in Baltimore on our AM Radio. Here are the lyrics, as requested:
            ORIOLE BASEBALL
            Oriole baseball! It's father and son having fun together. It's you and your number one, underneath the lights or in the sun, having fun together. More than wins, more than losses, more than just a game on Oriole baseball. It's everyone having fun, being one, together. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball.........................

Comment

Thank you, gandil408 & Grim17!
              ORIOLE BASEBALL
              Oriole baseball! It's father and son having fun together. It's you and your number one, underneath the lights or in the sun, having fun together. More than wins, more than losses, more than just a game on Oriole baseball. It's everyone having fun, being one, together. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball...

Yes, my friend, this is EXACTLY the one that this thread has requested.
              The reason I found out about this Forum, is because I was searching Google to find if anyone else out there knew the complete lyrics. Voila, these are exactly as I remember.

Anyone thinking otherwise, didn't grow up with Oriole Baseball in the Glorious 60's.
              Last edited by Orioles '66; 02-14-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

It has been many years since this post

I would love a copy of this recording if it is still out there. I have been collecting orioles music for a couple of years now. Currently I have well over an hour of music devoted totally to the Orioles.

Originally posted by Grim17 View Post
                This is the version I not only know by heart, but have a copy of on my computer (though the first couple seconds is missing and it was recorded from WBAL from Annapolis)

Oriole Baseball!

(music)

It's a father and son, having fun, together!

(music)

It's you and your #1, underneath the lights or in the sun... Having fun... Together.

(music)

radio Announcer - It's time now for Oriole Baseball, on radio 11, WBAL... The home of championship radio... Now with Baltimore Oriole play-by-play, Chuck Thompson and Bill O'Donnel..

(music)

(song fading out)
                Oriole Baseball..... Oriole Baseball..... Oriole Baseball.....

This version was from either September 73 or April 74. What's cool about it is I had recorded the first few innings of the game (Angels at Baltimore) and Chuck Thompson announced the pitching match-ups for the weekend series against the A's.... Jim Palmer vs. Vida Blue on Friday night... and Dave McNally vs. Catfish Hunter on Saturday... WOW!!

On another note... The reason I had saved this cassette tape all these years is because of what I had recorded on the flip side of the tape. I'll give you a hint... It was a baseball game that was on WJZ Channel 13 on Monday night, April 8, 1974.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Buckdodgers View Post
                  And remember the orioles used to have the Homerun Derby Inning Contest on WJZ TV? If i owned them my promotion would be.The Money Inning You can win money if your name is selected. Like if an oriole gets a base hit,You win $25 If he hits a Double You win $50 If he hits a Triple its $150.But heres the homer thing.The Jackpot starts off $3,500 If an Oriole hits a Homer you win that $3,500 But if he hits a homer with one man on You win $7,000 But if he hits with 2 men on its $10,500 But heres the Biggie.If he hits a grand slam homer you win 1 million dollars.The Promotion is sponcer by Maryland State Lotto. But if oriole strikes out flys out or ground out you get no money You do win 4 free tickets at a future orioles home game.Would that be fun cheering for the birds and win money while youre at it?
                  I remember that and I remember Gary Roenicke once hit a grand slam that won someone $1,000,000. I believe they stopped the contest after that.

Comment

Originally posted by abernh1 View Post
                    I would love a copy of this recording if it is still out there. I have been collecting orioles music for a couple of years now. Currently I have well over an hour of music devoted totally to the Orioles.
                    Well, this is the best I can do... I recorded this from Annapolis when I was 9 years old and the beginning is cut off.

http://www.rockypointboattrips.com/g...e-Baseball.mp3

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Grim17 View Post
                        Well, this is the best I can do... I recorded this from Annapolis when I was 9 years old and the beginning is cut off.

http://www.rockypointboattrips.com/g...e-Baseball.mp3
                        Thanks Grim17 that is awesome! Enjoy opening day :-) .

Comment

A recent youtube post.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6MfrYnDSnM

Comment

Originally posted by abernh1 View Post
                            Very nice... Thanks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X