No announcement yet.

My, my, that was a long one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hearing that in the 11th, Jermaine Dye, when a fly ball was caught, missed 3B when returning to 2B. Anyone know about this?

Also, I'd heard that AJ Pierzienski (spl?) made a cheap slide into 2B to break up the DP. Something he'd done with his hands, but I'm not sure what. Anyone see this?
    Originally posted by efin98
    Sounds more like the green-eyed monster or the green-loving monster
    Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willi$?

Anyway, I'll pass the donation cup around to see if we can share the wealth.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 07-10-2006, 11:22 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
      Yeah, the Green Monster invades Yankee Stadium ... and eats Yankee fans!

Hey Matt, where did you get this picture of Kenfougere?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
        I'm hearing that in the 11th, Jermaine Dye, when a fly ball was caught, missed 3B when returning to 2B. Anyone know about this?

Also, I'd heard that AJ Pierzienski (spl?) made a cheap slide into 2B to break up the DP. Something he'd done with his hands, but I'm not sure what. Anyone see this?
        It was a very strange play in the 11th. The White Sox were currentley down 5-4 with the bases loaded. Joe Crede hit a fly ball to right field and was caught by Trot. Jermaine Dye did not tag up at 2nd and almost overan Ross Gload who was at 3rd who also did not tag up. Gload seemed very confused as he started towards home ran back to tag, ran foward again and then ran back.

And A.J. did a very, very cheap slide into Alex Gonzalez. Pierzienski didnt even touch the 2nd base bag and instead basicly pushed Gonzalez when he was throwing the ball. It could have been a double play that ended the game but itstead prolonged the game.
        go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Dye did not re-tag 3B when he was running home, but retreated due to Gload's horrible base running. Heck, I think he might have past Gload out, which would mean Dye should have been called out. Remember what happen to Lopez of Baltimore earlier this year when he was credit with a single even though he hitted the ball out of the park, but Tejada wasn't sure what was going on and Lopez past him out, which mean Lopez is out, even on a home run.

What A.J. did was similar to what A-Rod did back in 04 ALCS, which was interference. A.J. should have been called out for interference and Cintron should have been called out due to A.J.'s interference.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSoxVT92
            It was a very strange play in the 11th. The White Sox were currentley down 5-4 with the bases loaded. Joe Crede hit a fly ball to right field and was caught by Trot. Jermaine Dye did not tag up at 2nd and almost overan Ross Gload who was at 3rd who also did not tag up. Gload seemed very confused as he started towards home ran back to tag, ran foward again and then ran back.

And A.J. did a very, very cheap slide into Alex Gonzalez. Pierzienski didnt even touch the 2nd base bag and instead basicly pushed Gonzalez when he was throwing the ball. It could have been a double play that ended the game but itstead prolonged the game.
            Thanks for the info. I was just throwing out what I'd heard elsewhere, trying to piece together everything.

Anyway, I was told that Terry never protested the non-touching of the various bases, nor the cheap slide. I think he'd have gotten the attention of the umps (who were said to be fast asleep already) had he done that, and further removing any incentive to repeat this in later innings.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by RedSoxVT92
              Pierzienski didnt even touch the 2nd base bag and instead basicly pushed Gonzalez when he was throwing the ball. It could have been a double play that ended the game but itstead prolonged the game.
              I know at times players have to stretch themselves for a win, but that play confirmed for me my only beef with the White Sox team, which is Pierzynski.
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
                I know at times players have to stretch themselves for a win, but that play confirmed for me my only beef with the White Sox team, which is Pierzynski.
                I saw the play and regardless of the slide the DBl play developed slowly and wouldnt have gotten a very speedy "it was Cintron right"? If your going to find a reason to dislike AJ at least find a good one, any player in MLB would have made that slide. Thats the job of the baserunner.
                "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Not to slide 3 feet off the bag at the SS. There's a difference in taking out the SS that's at the bag and trying to take him out when he's 3 feet from the bag. That's dirty, and somehow the umps missed it and it cost the Sox a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                    I saw the play and regardless of the slide the DBl play developed slowly and wouldnt have gotten a very speedy "it was Cintron right"? If your going to find a reason to dislike AJ at least find a good one, any player in MLB would have made that slide. Thats the job of the baserunner.
                    1. What Jager said.
                    2. That's far from my only reason for disliking him.

I said I have a lot of respect for the White Sox, and I do, but I have zero respect for Pierzynski.
                    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                      Nothing like 19 innings of stress baseball with the Red Sox. I'm just glad we took one off of you. The R-sox are a really good team, they play as a unit very well. Frankly, I'd rather face the Yanks then the Red Sox. It was a great series.
                      So you would rather be sweeped by the Yankees than take one out of three?

Comment

Originally posted by bluejaysfan4ever
                        So you would rather be sweeped by the Yankees than take one out of three?
                        Do I really need to answer that? Our pitching is not coming thru, were leaving to many runners on base, and against either team if you play that kinda ball you are going to lose. Both the Red Sox and the Yanks are for real and you just cant make mistakes against either and expect to win.
                        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X