My, my, that was a long one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My, my, that was a long one...

Nothing like 19 innings of stress baseball with the Red Sox. I'm just glad we took one off of you. The R-sox are a really good team, they play as a unit very well. Frankly, I'd rather face the Yanks then the Red Sox. It was a great series.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
    Nothing like 19 innings of stress baseball with the Red Sox. I'm just glad we took one off of you. The R-sox are a really good team, they play as a unit very well. Frankly, I'd rather face the Yanks then the Red Sox. It was a great series.
    Wow. That was a lengthy one.
    Yes, good series. And I'd rather face the Yankees than the White Sox, so compliment's right back at ya.
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Double header scheduled at Yankee Stadium. White Sox in Game 1; Red Sawx in Game 2.

Get your programs here, get your programs.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
        Double header scheduled at Yankee Stadium. White Sox in Game 1; Red Sawx in Game 2.

Get your programs here, get your programs.
        Yankees fans' worst nightmare
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

That's it, I'm watching the game in the 9th inning from now on- every time I sneak a peak at the game at that time after missing the rest of the game it goes this long!

Cleveland in the early 90s(got a week's worth of chores for that )

Texas a few years ago(poor Rem Dawg and McDonough )

Now Chicago this year(lucky devils!!!!)
          Best posts ever:

Comment

Trot Nixon, 0 for 9. Ouch! That's the worst o-fer I've ever seen--what's the record?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoeless
              Trot Nixon, 0 for 9. Ouch! That's the worst o-fer I've ever seen--what's the record?
              Check under the Trivia forum (post a new thread, mentioning this game).

One of the keys here was that the 5-7 hitters in Nixon, Tek and Cora were 0-for-21 tonight.

http://sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter..[email protected]
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

I dont know about the record but poor Nixon. V-Tek was right after him and he was 0-8. That cant be too great for the ol average.

That was quite a game. Im glad we got 2 out of 3 from the White Sox, a very good team. May our next series be just as good beginning on the 4th of September at Fenway.
                go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
                  Yankees fans' worst nightmare
                  Yeah, the Green Monster invades Yankee Stadium ... and eats Yankee fans!

Comment

That's gotta dent the old BA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                      Yeah, the Green Monster invades Yankee Stadium ... and eats Yankee fans!
                      Sounds more like the green-eyed monster or the green-loving monster
                      Best posts ever:

Comment

That game should have ended in 11th inning when Dye forgot to tag 3B when returning to 2B, which mean Dye would be out. The game could have ended against when A.J. pushed A-Gone, which would count as interference.

Worst part is the Red Sox missed not one, but two calls that could have ended the game if they appealed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
                          That game should have ended in 11th inning when Dye forgot to tag 3B when returning to 2B, which mean Dye would be out. The game could have ended against when A.J. pushed A-Gone, which would count as interference.

Worst part is the Red Sox missed not one, but two calls that could have ended the game if they appealed it.
                          Didn't they outright miss the entire string of events let alone not getting Dye for leaving early? I recall Remy mentioning that Dye was hesitating at third and that hesitation was overlooked by the guys on the field
                          Best posts ever:

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion

The W-Sox invented new ways to lose last night, "dont know how we won it". Our first two batters in the lineup couldnt bunt for snot and we left so many on base in extra innings I felt like screaming, and , the terrible base-running. But McCarthy came out and pitched 4+ great innings and deserved the game ball on the CHGO side.

I know Ive watched 19 inning games before but I cant remember when.
                            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Trot Nixon, 0 for 9. Ouch! That's the worst o-fer I've ever seen
                              WOW- Me too!!! Poor ol' Trot

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X