What if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if...

Anybody watching this? So far it looks and sounds absolutly amazing.It should be interesting to see how this thing ends up.

What if what? Is that a TV show or something?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

"What If...?" is a program on NESN tonight asking -- and answering -- the eternal question "What if Grady had pulled Pedro in the 8th of Game 7, 2003 ALCS?" Using advanced sports-simulation technology, they do a pitch-by-pitch retelling of the game, if it had happened if.....

I am assuming this episode will be followed by others with the same theme -- what if thus and such had happened?

I'm having no luck watching it, interrupted by 3 phone calls and making supper. I hope it's rerun at some point so I can see it.
      --Annie
      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
      Remember Yellowdog
      ABNY

Comment

Anyone know what happened in "what if". I missed it as I was at Fenway today and just got back.

The show sounds really intresting and I bet they will show a million reruns of it on NESN but I just want to know what people thought of it.
        go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

im yet to watch it..
          twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

Comment

I also missed the ending!.Anybody know how it ended?

Comment

Originally posted by kckid2599
              I also missed the ending!.Anybody know how it ended?
              Pedro is yanked in the bottom of the 7th with one out, one run scored, and two base runner. I believe Timlin comes in and gets two tough outs.

Mo Rivera came on in the top of the 9th to keep them from adding insurance runs.

Williamson allows a baserunner in the bottom of the 9th but gets three huge outs to save it.

Orsillo and Remy did the announcing, NESN added their 2004+ bar at the top(it was still a box at the corner then).

Fox ads that were shown during the series were still there on the screen, and the Fox bar flashed on for split seconds every now and then when they cut back live(hard to see it, but you can tell).

Oddly enough, they probably used some of the 2004 Game 7 footage and digitally changed a few numbers on the backs of guys celebrating and let a few guys slide in who weren't on the team(unintentionally).

An overall nice program. Very probable and very entertaining.
              Best posts ever:
              Originally posted by nymdan
              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

And to answer another question- yes it will be a regular program.

They previewed several upcoming or potential shows during the last few seconds of the show. All four of the big four teams will have their "What If" topics covered...should settle many old arguments for sure!!!!
                Best posts ever:
                Originally posted by nymdan
                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X