When Clemens goes into the HOF..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kyle-
    Does the player get to choose his hat? If not, Red Sox. If so, whoever pays him the most.
    A player does have influence over the decision of which hat, but it is ultimately the HOF's decision.
    No offense, rwolfe, but this has been discussed in a few previous threads. I'm not sure in this forum, though.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I could see him as a Yankee with his championships but it will probably be Boston unfortunately. I voted an optimistic Yankees
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Originally posted by -Kyle-
        Does the player get to choose his hat? If not, Red Sox. If so, whoever pays him the most.
        Kyle, you have hit the nail right on the head with this one.

Comment

I'm tired of Clemens. I still feel like he dissed us again when he went back to the Astros. He said "I want to win, that's why I'm coming back" and he went to the worst team that was in the running for him. I really don't care about Clemens, and quite honestly I dread the offseason when he holds teams hostage again, and makes everyone wait, to come back again. Of course I'd like him on our team, because he's a great pitcher, but at this point I just feel like he doesn't really care about going to Boston, but leads people on anyways.

Comment

He better enter as a member of the Red Sox

This kind of reminds me of the WADE BOGGS / TAMPA DEVIL RAYS situation.
            Still a long suffering TIGERS fan

Comment

I would love to see him go in as a Red Sox, but what I think would be good is if he went in with no emblem, just as Catfish Hunter did.

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                I would love to see him go in as a Red Sox, but what I think would be good is if he went in with no emblem, just as Catfish Hunter did.

NO EMBLEM?
                Is that a snub to the Steinbrenner boys in the Bronx?
                Still a long suffering TIGERS fan

Comment

I seem to remember he said when he was supposedly retiring at the end of 2003 that if he didn't go in as a Yankee, he would boycott the HOF ceremony.

Whether that's true now or not, don't know, but would he want to go in as a Red Sox, considering how the team dissed him ("twilight of his career")?

Comment

Originally posted by malt-tones
                    NO EMBLEM?
                    Actually, it sounded like a pretty good compromise to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ssbguyincognito
                      I seem to remember he said when he was supposedly retiring at the end of 2003 that if he didn't go in as a Yankee, he would boycott the HOF ceremony.

Whether that's true now or not, don't know, but would he want to go in as a Red Sox, considering how the team dissed him ("twilight of his career")?
                      It wasn't the team that dissed him, it was Duquette. Considering his numbers the last few seasons with the Red Sox, his statement had some merit at the time.

Of course, he was terribly wrong, but it certainly isn't the fault of RSN. If he wants to hold a grudge against us, then that's his problem.

Comment

Originally posted by malt-tones
                        NO EMBLEM?
                        Didn't Catfish start off on Charlie Finley's farm in Oakland somewhere? Perhaps that could be it, and both teams mourned his eventual passing.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

When he won his 300th game, ESPN had a poll on this very subject-SOX or Yanks. This Yankee fan feels very strongly that it should be the SOX. That's because I'm a baseball fan first.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                          Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

The ESPN-Reporter just said live at the Astros vs. Cardinals, that Clemens would like to go to the Hall of fame with a Yankee cap, because it's there where it all started with his won championship and so on...

I was really very surprised...That would be horrible. Clemens is a true Red Sox. No doubt!
                            I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

I thought it wasnt up to players anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                                I thought it wasnt up to players anymore.
                                Yeah anyway...but the Rocket would choose the NY Wankers, if we believe the reporter.
                                I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X