X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Kyle-
    replied
    Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan
    Yeah anyway...but the Rocket would choose the NY Wankers, if we believe the reporter.

Leave a comment:

• maximum jack
    replied
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0615/1568234.html

This is from a few years ago, but he was adamant then. It's sad that he is holding Red Sox Nation accountable for the bad decision of "one guy."

Leave a comment:

• EvanAparra
    replied
    That was while he was in NY. Lots of people say dumb things when they are on other teams.

Leave a comment:

• runningshoes
    replied
    Originally posted by CanadianKid
    Don't forget he won the Triple Crown in 1997 and 1998 with the Jays.
    Yeah..he'll go in with a Jays cap on.

Leave a comment:

• SwissRedSoxFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EvanAparra
    I thought it wasnt up to players anymore.
    Yeah anyway...but the Rocket would choose the NY Wankers, if we believe the reporter.

Leave a comment:

• EvanAparra
    replied
    I thought it wasnt up to players anymore.

Leave a comment:

• SwissRedSoxFan
    replied
    The ESPN-Reporter just said live at the Astros vs. Cardinals, that Clemens would like to go to the Hall of fame with a Yankee cap, because it's there where it all started with his won championship and so on...

I was really very surprised...That would be horrible. Clemens is a true Red Sox. No doubt!

Leave a comment:

• soberdennis
    replied
    When he won his 300th game, ESPN had a poll on this very subject-SOX or Yanks. This Yankee fan feels very strongly that it should be the SOX. That's because I'm a baseball fan first.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by malt-tones
    NO EMBLEM?
    Is that a snub to the Steinbrenner boys in the Bronx?
    Didn't Catfish start off on Charlie Finley's farm in Oakland somewhere? Perhaps that could be it, and both teams mourned his eventual passing.

Leave a comment:

• pesky6
    replied
    Originally posted by ssbguyincognito
    I seem to remember he said when he was supposedly retiring at the end of 2003 that if he didn't go in as a Yankee, he would boycott the HOF ceremony.

Whether that's true now or not, don't know, but would he want to go in as a Red Sox, considering how the team dissed him ("twilight of his career")?
    It wasn't the team that dissed him, it was Duquette. Considering his numbers the last few seasons with the Red Sox, his statement had some merit at the time.

Of course, he was terribly wrong, but it certainly isn't the fault of RSN. If he wants to hold a grudge against us, then that's his problem.

Leave a comment:

• pesky6
    replied
    Originally posted by malt-tones
    NO EMBLEM?
    Actually, it sounded like a pretty good compromise to me.

Leave a comment:

• ssbguyincognito
    replied
    I seem to remember he said when he was supposedly retiring at the end of 2003 that if he didn't go in as a Yankee, he would boycott the HOF ceremony.

Whether that's true now or not, don't know, but would he want to go in as a Red Sox, considering how the team dissed him ("twilight of his career")?

Leave a comment:

• malt-tones
    replied
    Originally posted by pesky6
    I would love to see him go in as a Red Sox, but what I think would be good is if he went in with no emblem, just as Catfish Hunter did.

NO EMBLEM?

Leave a comment:

• pesky6
    replied
    I would love to see him go in as a Red Sox, but what I think would be good is if he went in with no emblem, just as Catfish Hunter did.

Leave a comment:

• malt-tones
    replied
    He better enter as a member of the Red Sox

This kind of reminds me of the WADE BOGGS / TAMPA DEVIL RAYS situation.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X